A 'Delicate' Discussion

coolworx

Jun 18, 2003
Every 'serious' roadie I've ever seen has had the horn of his saddle tipped at least a degree above the horizon....

Now I'm not bragging here, but I have grande cajones that do not appreciate such a postural predicament....

Am I alone here??? Or do 'serious' riders have petite pommes?

Saddle, IMO, is the most personal part of the bike. Choosing the right saddle, and setting the geometry is a lot more demanding (and when peroperly done, more rewarding) than choosing shoes, glasses, etc.. So, it'd be unfair to say there is a rule for setting the saddle position which applies to everyone. A good saddle and a good seat post will give provisions to personalise the set up according to every individual's needs.

I, myself, get a problem if I take a long ride with the tip of my saddle upright. Numbness is a sign that should be taken seriously because if repeated frequently, it can result in seriuos health conditions.

Originally posted by coolworx
Every 'serious' roadie I've ever seen has had the horn of his saddle tipped at least a degree above the horizon....

Now I'm not bragging here, but I have grande cajones that do not appreciate such a postural predicament....

Am I alone here??? Or do 'serious' riders have petite pommes?