A desert cruise ~VIDEO~

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by P E T E F A G E, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. This footage just doesn't "fit" with the rest of the footage that we got in AZ so I slapped it
    together into yet another video featuring portions of National, South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ.

    http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/nat04.mpg

    Tags:

  2. Franck

    Franck Guest

    Nice! What's the secret of the yellow rider you follow in most of the video, how does he make it
    look so easy to take those small drops? He's not going very fast, doesn't seem to be pulling on the
    bars or shifting his weight or kick-pedalling off the edge, and his bikes just floats and lands
    perfectly horizontal every time. I understand it's got something to do with fore & aft balance but
    how exactly do you get there?

    Franck

  3. P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > This footage just doesn't "fit" with the rest of the footage that we got in AZ so I slapped it
    > together into yet another video featuring portions of National, South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/nat04.mpg

    Very nice Pete.
    --
    Perre

  4. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:54:15 -0800, P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > This footage just doesn't "fit" with the rest of the footage that we got in AZ so I slapped it
    > together into yet another video featuring portions of National, South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/nat04.mpg

    Very nice. Its been so long, none of it looks familiar to me anymore. :-(

  5. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    Franck wrote:
    > Nice! What's the secret of the yellow rider you follow in most of the video, how does he make it
    > look so easy to take those small drops? He's not going very fast, doesn't seem to be pulling on
    > the bars or shifting his weight or kick-pedalling off the edge, and his bikes just floats and
    > lands perfectly horizontal every time. I understand it's got something to do with fore & aft
    > balance but how exactly do you get there?

    the secert is that Pete edits out all the crashes.

    ;-)

    ps

  6. On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:53:58 -0800, "Penny S"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Franck wrote:
    >> Nice! What's the secret of the yellow rider you follow in most of the video, how does he make it
    >> look so easy to take those small drops? He's not going very fast, doesn't seem to be pulling on
    >> the bars or shifting his weight or kick-pedalling off the edge, and his bikes just floats and
    >> lands perfectly horizontal every time. I understand it's got something to do with fore & aft
    >> balance but how exactly do you get there?
    >>

    >the secert is that Pete edits out all the crashes.

    The secret is that Chet Peach can just plain ride. He's smooove.

  7. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:53:58 -0800, "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Franck wrote:
    >>> Nice! What's the secret of the yellow rider you follow in most of the video, how does he make it
    >>> look so easy to take those small drops? He's not going very fast, doesn't seem to be pulling on
    >>> the bars or shifting his weight or kick-pedalling off the edge, and his bikes just floats and
    >>> lands perfectly horizontal every time. I understand it's got something to do with fore & aft
    >>> balance but how exactly do you get there?
    >>>

    >> the secert is that Pete edits out all the crashes.
    >
    > The secret is that Chet Peach can just plain ride. He's smooove.

    ...and that's just some plain kooky rock garden work. My collarbones cringed just watching him glide
    over that stuff!

    Tom

  8. P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:53:58 -0800, "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Franck wrote:
    >>> Nice! What's the secret of the yellow rider you follow in most of the video, how does he make it
    >>> look so easy to take those small drops? He's not going very fast, doesn't seem to be pulling on
    >>> the bars or shifting his weight or kick-pedalling off the edge, and his bikes just floats and
    >>> lands perfectly horizontal every time. I understand it's got something to do with fore & aft
    >>> balance but how exactly do you get there?
    >>>

    >> the secert is that Pete edits out all the crashes.
    >
    > The secret is that Chet Peach can just plain ride. He's smooove.

    Yes he is. Not to mention that dude following him around with a camera going over the same obstacles
    just using his split vision isn't too bad either ;)

    --
    Perre

  9. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:53:58 -0800, "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Franck wrote:
    >>> Nice! What's the secret of the yellow rider you follow in most of the video, how does he make it
    >>> look so easy to take those small drops? He's not going very fast, doesn't seem to be pulling on
    >>> the bars or shifting his weight or kick-pedalling off the edge, and his bikes just floats and
    >>> lands perfectly horizontal every time. I understand it's got something to do with fore & aft
    >>> balance but how exactly do you get there?
    >>>

    >> the secert is that Pete edits out all the crashes.
    >
    > The secret is that Chet Peach can just plain ride. He's smooove.

    Yeah, Chet's a badass. Even more impressive in person (and a good guy taboot)

    But the short answer to Franck's question is weight shifts, time on the trail, and natural ability.
    Not really a secret, just a good recipe.

    Matt

  10. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > This footage just doesn't "fit" with the rest of the footage that we got in AZ so I slapped it
    > together into yet another video featuring portions of National, South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/nat04.mpg

    Great vid again, Pete. That trail sure looks fun.

  11. Geedubb

    Geedubb Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > This footage just doesn't "fit" with the rest of the footage that we got in AZ so I slapped it
    > together into yet another video featuring portions of National, South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/nat04.mpg

    Nice. I'll be attempting to ride some of that tomorrow. Thanks.

    Gary

  12. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >This footage just doesn't "fit" with the rest of the footage that we got in AZ so I slapped it
    >together into yet another video featuring portions of National, South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ.
    >
    >http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/nat04.mpg

    Mighty fine display of skills in that vid!

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  13. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    BB <[email protected]> had this to say news:[email protected] 130844.news.uni-berlin.de

    > On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:54:15 -0800, P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    >> This footage just doesn't "fit" with the rest of the footage that we got in AZ so I slapped it
    >> together into yet another video featuring portions of National, South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ.
    >>
    >> http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/nat04.mpg
    >
    > Very nice. Its been so long, none of it looks familiar to me anymore. :-(

    nice vid....

  14. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > This footage just doesn't "fit" with the rest of the footage that we got in AZ so I slapped it
    > together into yet another video featuring portions of National, South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ.

    Watching that video makes me realize how much I miss biking. Especially those trails in my own back
    yard...being so familiar with them. =(

    Enjoy the great weather, freaks.

    -John Morgan

  15. Jd

    Jd Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:53:58 -0800, "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Franck wrote:
    > >> Nice! What's the secret of the yellow rider you follow in most of the video, how does he make
    > >> it look so easy to take those small drops? He's not going very fast, doesn't seem to be pulling
    > >> on the bars or shifting his weight or kick-pedalling off the edge, and his bikes just floats
    > >> and lands perfectly horizontal every time. I understand it's got something to do with fore &
    > >> aft balance but how exactly do you get there?
    > >>

    > >the secert is that Pete edits out all the crashes.
    >
    > The secret is that Chet Peach can just plain ride. He's smooove.

    Fruitian style.

    JD