A Dial-Gauge Bicycle Wheel Building Stand for $100

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 12:31:37 -0800 (PST), Chalo
<[email protected]> wrote:

>datakoll wrote:
>>
>> is the dial gauge pleasant in use?
>> or is the DG another PITA?
>> how long (baby how long) does a dial gauge last?

>I like 'em. Depending on the design of the stand, it could be a
>hassle. I saw a truing stand once that was one-sided-- basically you
>bolted or QR'ed your wheel to the stand. That would be good for a
>travel indicator type dial gauge like the one at issue. In a regular
>stand, it would be pretty easy to bash the plunger with the wheel.
>You'd have to remember to get the instrument clear whenever the wheel
>was mounted or removed.
>
>Dial indicators are long-lived creatures. I believe I've used some
>that were older than me, anyway. But you do have to keep them away
>from monkeys 'cause they're sensitive like that.
>
>Chalo

Dear Chalo,

Another truing stand design that's probably superior to anything with
a dial indicator:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_9271u0AiKcs/RgPfzCM749I/AAAAAAAAALQ/hge3vNba9YI/s1600-h/DSC04957.JPG

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

datakoll said:
ah said a nick iszah nickel ah dime isah dime
I'll take a magic marker evrah time
baby how out of true rrrrr you
broooing!

^&%^$#!!
Ahl have suma wutevre ur smokin

On Dec 9, 8:56 pm, Dan Burkhart <Dan.Burkhart.31c...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> datakoll Wrote:> ah said a nick iszah nickel ah dime isah dime
> > I'll take a magic marker evrah time
> > baby how out of true rrrrr you
> > broooing!

> > ^&%^$#!!

> Ahl have suma wutevre ur smokin

It's found on the road to perdition, with no way home.

> It's found on the road to perdition, with no way home.

"Bonds of loyalty are put to the test when a hitman's son witnesses
what his father does for a living"

you could try changing your diet? what's your century time these days?
you could Google Earth the Ozarks. Surely the Ozarks are on the road
to perdition.

Andrew Muzi writes:

http://www.zymetrical.com/images/products/shock-magic-marker.jpg

>>> is the dial gauge pleasant in use? or is the DG another PITA? how
>>> long (baby how long) does a dial gauge last?

>> allow me a rephrase: if you give a dial gauge to a monkey will the
>> monkey break it?

> One of the important Rules for Life is "Don't Loan Tools".

Too much information often leads to bad decisions and poorer performance:

http://www.amazon.com/Blink-Power-Thinking-Without/dp/0316172324/ref=tag_tdp_sv_edpp_i

This book is full of classic failures for ignoring the obvious
solution in favor of a well researched but wrong one.

In the blink of an eye, you could see it was a fake!

Jobst Brandt

TOUR DE FORCE!

hehehehe hehe
as the man said, "you can't always get what you need but you just
might find you got what you deserve"
following einstein, off course.

On Dec 8, 2:09 pm, LF <[email protected]> wrote:
> What do you think?

Not a bad concept, but dial gauges are only good for checking things
at the end of the build... and even then they aren't very helpful
unless you just want to know what the number is.

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 06:00:05 -0800 (PST), datakoll <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Dec 9, 8:56 am, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
>> http://www.zymetrical.com/images/products/shock-magic-marker.jpg
>>
>> is the dial gauge pleasant in use?
>> or is the DG another PITA?
>> how long (baby how long) does a dial gauge last?

>allow me a rephrase:
>if you give a dial guage to a monkey
>will the monkey break it?

I bought my dial gauge at a yardsale for 5 bucks and it was already
broken. Opened it up squirted some lube in it and it has worked
great now for a couple years . Bolted it to my $20 ebay truing stand
and Voila! (I dont let the monkey play with it though)

http://tinyurl.com/2be9kl