A Double Convert

[Not Responding]

Guest
Just come back from a council meeting where I was accosted by the
leader of the opposition group. He was asking my advice on bikes as he
intends to start cycle commuting. Strike One.

Then he says that he remembers me arguing vehemently against helmets
and should he be concerned about riding without one? "No" say I.
"Jolly good" says he. Strike Two.

At this rate I'll have him on side to remove all the blue signs on the
pavements by May. Creating a minority opinion of 2, for a change.

In article <[email protected]>,
" [Not Responding] " <[email protected]> writes:
> Just come back from a council meeting where I was accosted by the
> leader of the opposition group. He was asking my advice on bikes as he
> intends to start cycle commuting. Strike One.

Nice one to get in this season! If he does it now ....

> Then he says that he remembers me arguing vehemently against helmets
> and should he be concerned about riding without one? "No" say I.
> "Jolly good" says he. Strike Two.

:)

> At this rate I'll have him on side to remove all the blue signs on the
> pavements by May. Creating a minority opinion of 2, for a change.

Hehe.

Let me guess: he's a different party to yours. Hampshire, I imagine you're
not the opposition in local government?

--
Nick Kew

[email protected] wrote:

> Why would you want all the blue signs removed?

Especially when Disgusted of Somerset will do it for you (see the thread
from a week ago)

[email protected] wrote:
> Why would you want all the blue signs removed?

So motorists don't keep shouting "Get on the cycle path" at you when all
you want to do is carry on cycling on the much safer road

Tony

[email protected] wrote:
> Why would you want all the blue signs removed?

Because he is a cyclist. The leader of the faction opposite would want
them removed becasue they are blue.

...d