A fetish for bicycles

RalleighOke

Jan 29, 2003
Taken from www.news24.co.za

A fetish for bicycles

Sydney - When Melbourne police went to the house of an elderly Australian who had died while stealing a bicycle they discovered evidence of a fetish for two-wheelers.

There were 1 000 bicycles and an untold number of bicycle parts in the Geelong man's home, Police Superintendent Steve Barber said on Friday.

"It appears the man was well known to a number of bicycle premises in Geelong," Barber told Australia's AAP news agency. "He had also come to be known to police in regards to stealing bicycles."

Just to remove 100 of the bicycles took police four hours. There were bicycles in the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen and bits of bikes in piles scattered around the house.

The man, who was known to neighbours as an avid collector of bicycles, lived alone. No details were released on his cause of death. - Sapa-dpa

Originally posted by pineapple
I wonder how you die while stealing a bicycle... Maybe it was a bike of mass destruction and the police opened fire under the terrorism act?

Hmmm... I suppose there are stranger things to have fetishes for... I recall one where a woman working in a hotel laundry in Berkeley was arrested for stealing socks, and only dirty socks...

Maybe the man died after being beaten savagely by the bike owner?