a few new pics

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by JD, Dec 19, 2005.

  1. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

  2. MTBBill

    MTBBill Guest

    Nice stuff! Sorry I missed day two.

    -Bill

  3. TJ

    TJ Guest

  4. CP_1

    CP_1 Guest

  5. JD

    JD Guest

    Portable Splat Graphics (NOSPAM) wrote:
    > hey there JD. Awesome pics :). I have to ask, what are we looking at in
    > DSCN0205 copy.jpg?

    Pompeii, a very long time ago...or a forest fire in Mexico.

    JD

  6. JD

    JD Guest

    CP_1 wrote:
    > However, the concept of posting your RR's in the correct forum of that
    > MESSAGE BOARD owns you.

    Everyone can tell that Dick Cheney physically talks out of the side of
    his mouth. You do the same for posting on the internet,
    congratulations!

    JD

  7. JD

    JD Guest

  8. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    JD wrote:
    > GeeDubb wrote:
    >
    >>Some incredible riding by others, not the photographer.......though I tried!
    >>
    >>Gary (crash) Williams

    > Don't kid yourself, you did really well. Besides, you took the pic of
    > the trip, unless Kevin found some sunlight and a fantastic shot to go
    > with it:
    >
    > http://www.pchospital.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2949&g2_serialNumber
    >
    > That freak can ride up just about anything.

    That one's cool but this one is great:

    http://www.pchospital.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=2969

    It conveys lots of action, Kevin may be over acting a little bit if it's
    not too steep, but it really shows concentration.

    Greg
    --
    "Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late
    The battles we fought were long and hard

  9. JD

    JD Guest

    G.T. wrote:
    > JD wrote:
    > > GeeDubb wrote:
    > >
    > >>Some incredible riding by others, not the photographer.......though I tried!
    > >>
    > >>Gary (crash) Williams

    > > Don't kid yourself, you did really well. Besides, you took the pic of
    > > the trip, unless Kevin found some sunlight and a fantastic shot to go
    > > with it:
    > >
    > > http://www.pchospital.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2949&g2_serialNumber
    > >
    > > That freak can ride up just about anything.
    > >

    > That one's cool but this one is great:
    >
    > http://www.pchospital.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=2969
    >
    > It conveys lots of action, Kevin may be over acting a little bit if it's
    > not too steep, but it really shows concentration.

    No over-acting there, it was steep, really narrow and I think the third
    move in a series of four. That was the one place in the main descent
    that I had to do over. He was coming out of a left-hander and setting
    up for probably the tightest switchback on the trail (a right-hander of
    course). We both had to take two stabs at it to ride it clean. The
    great thing about this particular trail is the amount of different
    difficult sequences of consecutive moves.

    JD

  10. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    > G.T. wrote:

    http://www.pchospital.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=
    2969

    > > It conveys lots of action, Kevin may be over acting a little bit if it's
    > > not too steep, but it really shows concentration.

    > No over-acting there, it was steep, really narrow and I think the third
    > move in a series of four. That was the one place in the main descent
    > that I had to do over. He was coming out of a left-hander and setting
    > up for probably the tightest switchback on the trail (a right-hander of
    > course). We both had to take two stabs at it to ride it clean. The
    > great thing about this particular trail is the amount of different
    > difficult sequences of consecutive moves.

    I definitely like that shot the best of all of them. The only thing that
    could have been better on it is if Gary could have been at a higher vantage
    point but with keeping a good view of Kevin's face.

    Greg

  11. JD

    JD Guest

    G.T. wrote:
    > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > G.T. wrote:
    > > >

    > http://www.pchospital.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=
    > 2969
    > > >
    > > > It conveys lots of action, Kevin may be over acting a little bit if it's
    > > > not too steep, but it really shows concentration.

    > > No over-acting there, it was steep, really narrow and I think the third
    > > move in a series of four. That was the one place in the main descent
    > > that I had to do over. He was coming out of a left-hander and setting
    > > up for probably the tightest switchback on the trail (a right-hander of
    > > course). We both had to take two stabs at it to ride it clean. The
    > > great thing about this particular trail is the amount of different
    > > difficult sequences of consecutive moves.
    > >

    > I definitely like that shot the best of all of them. The only thing that
    > could have been better on it is if Gary could have been at a higher vantage
    > point but with keeping a good view of Kevin's face.
    >
    > Greg

    It was really tough to find good angles in there because it is
    basically a jumble of boulders with nasty flora that will tear you up
    in-between. I'm thinking maybe a little fill-flash would have done the
    trick there. We has such crappy light to work with almost all weekend,
    from both the high clouds and hazy conditions. Stellar for riding, but
    not so great for photography.

    JD

  12. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    > G.T. wrote:
    > >

    > > I definitely like that shot the best of all of them. The only thing

    that
    > > could have been better on it is if Gary could have been at a higher

    vantage
    > > point but with keeping a good view of Kevin's face.
    > >
    > > Greg

    > It was really tough to find good angles in there because it is
    > basically a jumble of boulders with nasty flora that will tear you up
    > in-between.

    Yep, figured as much.

    > I'm thinking maybe a little fill-flash would have done the
    > trick there.

    Definitely, but a little Photoshop Shadows/Highlights adjustment could bring
    out Kevin's face and the shadows on his legs and stuff.

    > We has such crappy light to work with almost all weekend,
    > from both the high clouds and hazy conditions. Stellar for riding, but
    > not so great for photography.

    Yep, nice blownout gray sky.

    Greg