A few photos of Austin riding

Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote:

>http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltdavem1.jpg
>
>http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltrox.jpg
>
>http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltbartman.jpg
>
>http://www.anthonysloan.com/dave2.jpg

Gnarly terrain. I'll bet you have more fun on those rocks with your Blur than your rigid SS, right?
I said "fun," not "success"; I know all you Austinians know how to ride.

My friend Pete who moved from Austin to Syracuse in 2000, and then back to Austin in 2002, used to
spank us locals regularly with his technical skills learned in Austin. I'll always remember the
first time we took him to a place we call Split Rock, which is almost as rocky as Austin. There
are plenty of places where even good riders dab, and it takes a real zen master to clean the whole
system. I can clean everything, but not necessarily or usually everything on the same ride, know
what I mean?. Except one particular steep switchback, through and over boulders and passing
between trees, that I've never cleaned in 10 years of riding. Fallen, tried and failed, chickened
out, and given up.

So, anyway, we take Pete out there and he jumps into point position right away, takes off, and
cleans the whole damn thing first time, sight unseen, piece-of-cake, walk-in-the park, while we all
gape at him. "Holy ****, Pete, you cleaned the whole thing including that really technical section!"
"What technical section?," he says.

--dt

"Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltdavem1.jpg
> >
> >http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltrox.jpg
> >
> >http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltbartman.jpg
> >
> >http://www.anthonysloan.com/dave2.jpg
>
> Gnarly terrain. I'll bet you have more fun on those rocks with your Blur than your rigid SS,
> right? I said "fun," not "success"; I know all you Austinians know how to ride.

We are called "Austinites" :-D

BB wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 08:34:36 -0600, Anthony Sloan wrote:
>

>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltdavem1.jpg http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltrox.jpg
>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltbartman.jpg http://www.anthonysloan.com/dave2.jpg
>>

>Nice pics! Somehow it seems we haven't seen much of Austin.

You mean on the national scene? Yeah, I've never figured that out. Year 'round riding on all manner
of trails ranging from windy, smooth"ish" sngletrack, to some of the most technical terrain
available. Top it off with above average Margaritas, decent live music, and Titty Bingo and it seems
a winner. Oh well, let 'em get in line at Moab and the like.

> Anthony Sloan wrote:
> > http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltdavem1.jpg
> >
> > http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltrox.jpg
> >
> > http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltbartman.jpg
> >
> > http://www.anthonysloan.com/dave2.jpg
>
> Nice pics.
>
> But surely Austin's best trails are found at 9th Street :>)
> http://bmxing.hypermart.net/trailpics/9th4.jpg
> http://www.angerbmx.com/images/TrailsPics/9thst-trailpic.jpg

hehe thx for beating me to the draw.. I was going to ask this dude to drop by 9th st. for real
riding.. I am surprised there are not more shots of the 9th st. jumps on the net anywhere.

>are those the X0's onn your rig?
>
>How are you liking them?

They are SRAM 9.0sl. Much cheaper than the XO's, just about as light, and they work like a charm.

Combfilter wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
>

>>Anthony Sloan wrote:
>>

>>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltdavem1.jpg
>>>
>>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltrox.jpg
>>>
>>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltbartman.jpg
>>>
>>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/dave2.jpg
>>>

>>Nice pics.
>>
>>But surely Austin's best trails are found at 9th Street :>)
>>http://bmxing.hypermart.net/trailpics/9th4.jpg
>>http://www.angerbmx.com/images/TrailsPics/9thst-trailpic.jpg
>>

>hehe thx for beating me to the draw.. I was going to ask this dude to drop by 9th st. for real
>riding.. I am surprised there are not more shots of the 9th st. jumps on the net anywhere.

Bomba was kidding, you sound serious. I'll drop by the 9th street jumps just as soon as you skate
ski down Corbett's.

I'm not sure who has more rocks, Austin or Blora. We ran across a few copperheads on Trail Maint.
yesterday. The reptiles are definitely out! The Trail Docs are visiting from the TBC. They are about
the same as the IMBA Trail team.

Cleanbean

Heaps of folks are going to Waco this Sunday. Check bikemojo.com for info. Perhaps we'll hook up?

Cleanbean wrote:

>I'm not sure who has more rocks, Austin or Blora. We ran across a few copperheads on Trail Maint.
>yesterday. The reptiles are definitely out! The Trail Docs are visiting from the TBC. They are
>about the same as the IMBA Trail team.
>
>Cleanbean

> Combfilter wrote:

> >>Nice pics.
> >>
> >>But surely Austin's best trails are found at 9th Street :>)
> >>http://bmxing.hypermart.net/trailpics/9th4.jpg
> >>http://www.angerbmx.com/images/TrailsPics/9thst-trailpic.jpg
> >>

> >hehe thx for beating me to the draw.. I was going to ask this dude to drop by 9th st. for real
> >riding.. I am surprised there are not more shots of the 9th st. jumps on the net anywhere.
> >

> Bomba was kidding, you sound serious. I'll drop by the 9th street jumps just as soon as you skate
> ski down Corbett's.

> defensive are we?? 1. i was joking , 2. skate ski's are for *****'s who are afraid they will
> get hurt
on a skateboard. 3. your pics obviously show what a fairy you are.

learn to take a joke.. remember I am just some dude on the internet, you dont' have to take me
serious. You are the one posting pics to a non binary group wanting a response from people. Learn to
deal with those responses...

love always. -comb

Combfilter wrote:

> You are the one posting pics to a non binary group wanting a response from people. Learn to deal
> with those responses...

Er, I don't think you know what you're talking about...

"L Hays" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>... <snip links>
> >
> > Thanks for the pics. Next time I'm back that way..(soon) I definetly be making a trip up from
> > S.A. Yep, the bike goes with me to the grandparents house for sure!!
> >
> > Dave (Blind in Texas!)
>
> Is that a WASP reference in your sig?
>
> Lance

Yep! Good eye!!

Dave (I'm a Wild Child!)

> Combfilter wrote:
>
> > You are the one posting pics to a non binary group wanting a response from people. Learn to
> > deal with those responses...
>
> Er, I don't think you know what you're talking about...

I stand corrected.. Should have said "links to pics wanting a response about those pics" -comb