A few photos of Austin riding

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Anthony Sloan, Apr 3, 2003.

  1. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  2. Doug Taylor

    Doug Taylor Guest

    Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltdavem1.jpg
    >
    >http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltrox.jpg
    >
    >http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltbartman.jpg
    >
    >http://www.anthonysloan.com/dave2.jpg

    Gnarly terrain. I'll bet you have more fun on those rocks with your Blur than your rigid SS, right?
    I said "fun," not "success"; I know all you Austinians know how to ride.

    My friend Pete who moved from Austin to Syracuse in 2000, and then back to Austin in 2002, used to
    spank us locals regularly with his technical skills learned in Austin. I'll always remember the
    first time we took him to a place we call Split Rock, which is almost as rocky as Austin. There
    are plenty of places where even good riders dab, and it takes a real zen master to clean the whole
    system. I can clean everything, but not necessarily or usually everything on the same ride, know
    what I mean?. Except one particular steep switchback, through and over boulders and passing
    between trees, that I've never cleaned in 10 years of riding. Fallen, tried and failed, chickened
    out, and given up.

    So, anyway, we take Pete out there and he jumps into point position right away, takes off, and
    cleans the whole damn thing first time, sight unseen, piece-of-cake, walk-in-the park, while we all
    gape at him. "Holy shit, Pete, you cleaned the whole thing including that really technical section!"
    "What technical section?," he says.

    --dt

  3. Tacomaboy

    Tacomaboy Guest

    "Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltdavem1.jpg
    > >
    > >http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltrox.jpg
    > >
    > >http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltbartman.jpg
    > >
    > >http://www.anthonysloan.com/dave2.jpg
    >
    > Gnarly terrain. I'll bet you have more fun on those rocks with your Blur than your rigid SS,
    > right? I said "fun," not "success"; I know all you Austinians know how to ride.

    We are called "Austinites" :-D

  4. Bb

    Bb Guest

  5. BB wrote:

    >On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 08:34:36 -0600, Anthony Sloan wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltdavem1.jpg http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltrox.jpg
    >>http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltbartman.jpg http://www.anthonysloan.com/dave2.jpg
    >>

    >Nice pics! Somehow it seems we haven't seen much of Austin.

    You mean on the national scene? Yeah, I've never figured that out. Year 'round riding on all manner
    of trails ranging from windy, smooth"ish" sngletrack, to some of the most technical terrain
    available. Top it off with above average Margaritas, decent live music, and Titty Bingo and it seems
    a winner. Oh well, let 'em get in line at Moab and the like.

  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

  7. L Hays

    L Hays Guest

    > Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>... <snip links>

    > Thanks for the pics. Next time I'm back that way..(soon) I definetly be making a trip up from S.A.
    > Yep, the bike goes with me to the grandparents house for sure!!
    >
    > Dave (Blind in Texas!)

    Is that a WASP reference in your sig?

    Lance

  8. Combfilter

    Combfilter Guest

    > Anthony Sloan wrote:
    > > http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltdavem1.jpg
    > >
    > > http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltrox.jpg
    > >
    > > http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltbartman.jpg
    > >
    > > http://www.anthonysloan.com/dave2.jpg
    >
    > Nice pics.
    >
    > But surely Austin's best trails are found at 9th Street :>)
    > http://bmxing.hypermart.net/trailpics/9th4.jpg
    > http://www.angerbmx.com/images/TrailsPics/9thst-trailpic.jpg

    hehe thx for beating me to the draw.. I was going to ask this dude to drop by 9th st. for real
    riding.. I am surprised there are not more shots of the 9th st. jumps on the net anywhere.

  9. >are those the X0's onn your rig?

    >How are you liking them?

    They are SRAM 9.0sl. Much cheaper than the XO's, just about as light, and they work like a charm.

  10. Combfilter wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    >

    >>Anthony Sloan wrote:
    >>

    >>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltdavem1.jpg
    >>>
    >>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltrox.jpg
    >>>
    >>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/gbeltbartman.jpg
    >>>
    >>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/dave2.jpg
    >>>

    >>Nice pics.
    >>
    >>But surely Austin's best trails are found at 9th Street :>)
    >>http://bmxing.hypermart.net/trailpics/9th4.jpg
    >>http://www.angerbmx.com/images/TrailsPics/9thst-trailpic.jpg
    >>

    >hehe thx for beating me to the draw.. I was going to ask this dude to drop by 9th st. for real
    >riding.. I am surprised there are not more shots of the 9th st. jumps on the net anywhere.

    Bomba was kidding, you sound serious. I'll drop by the 9th street jumps just as soon as you skate
    ski down Corbett's.

  11. Cleanbean

    Cleanbean Guest

    I'm not sure who has more rocks, Austin or Blora. We ran across a few copperheads on Trail Maint.
    yesterday. The reptiles are definitely out! The Trail Docs are visiting from the TBC. They are about
    the same as the IMBA Trail team.

    Cleanbean

  12. Heaps of folks are going to Waco this Sunday. Check bikemojo.com for info. Perhaps we'll hook up?

    Cleanbean wrote:

    >I'm not sure who has more rocks, Austin or Blora. We ran across a few copperheads on Trail Maint.
    >yesterday. The reptiles are definitely out! The Trail Docs are visiting from the TBC. They are
    >about the same as the IMBA Trail team.
    >
    >Cleanbean

  13. Combfilter

    Combfilter Guest

    > Combfilter wrote:

    > >>Nice pics.
    > >>
    > >>But surely Austin's best trails are found at 9th Street :>)
    > >>http://bmxing.hypermart.net/trailpics/9th4.jpg
    > >>http://www.angerbmx.com/images/TrailsPics/9thst-trailpic.jpg
    > >>

    > >hehe thx for beating me to the draw.. I was going to ask this dude to drop by 9th st. for real
    > >riding.. I am surprised there are not more shots of the 9th st. jumps on the net anywhere.
    > >

    > Bomba was kidding, you sound serious. I'll drop by the 9th street jumps just as soon as you skate
    > ski down Corbett's.

    > defensive are we?? 1. i was joking , 2. skate ski's are for pussy's who are afraid they will
    > get hurt
    on a skateboard. 3. your pics obviously show what a fairy you are.

    learn to take a joke.. remember I am just some dude on the internet, you dont' have to take me
    serious. You are the one posting pics to a non binary group wanting a response from people. Learn to
    deal with those responses...

    love always. -comb

  14. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Combfilter wrote:

    > You are the one posting pics to a non binary group wanting a response from people. Learn to deal
    > with those responses...

    Er, I don't think you know what you're talking about...

  15. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "L Hays" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>... <snip links>
    > >
    > > Thanks for the pics. Next time I'm back that way..(soon) I definetly be making a trip up from
    > > S.A. Yep, the bike goes with me to the grandparents house for sure!!
    > >
    > > Dave (Blind in Texas!)
    >
    > Is that a WASP reference in your sig?
    >
    > Lance

    Yep! Good eye!!

    Dave (I'm a Wild Child!)

  16. Combfilter

    Combfilter Guest

    > Combfilter wrote:
    >
    > > You are the one posting pics to a non binary group wanting a response from people. Learn to
    > > deal with those responses...
    >
    > Er, I don't think you know what you're talking about...

    I stand corrected.. Should have said "links to pics wanting a response about those pics" -comb