A few pics from Walnut Creek

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Anthony Sloan, May 16, 2003.

  1. Dan Langille

    Dan Langille Guest

  2. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

  3. El Barista

    El Barista Guest

    Zilla wrote:

    > More flower pics. What the hell did JD start here?!? :)

    Yeah, but unfortunately he was too late to catch the bluebonnets in bloom surrounding sections of
    the trail.

    -will

  4. El Barista

    El Barista Guest

    Dan Langille wrote:

    > Is that Walnut Creek as in near Concord CA just near Oakland?

    Nope, Austin, TX.

    -will

  5. Tacomaboy

    Tacomaboy Guest

    "El Barista" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...
    > Dan Langille wrote:
    >
    > > Is that Walnut Creek as in near Concord CA just near Oakland?
    >
    > Nope, Austin, TX.
    >
    > -will

    I am a novice in Austin looking for new riding spots. Walnut creek looks pretty decent... where is
    it? By Campus? Would you rate it as difficult? It looks like a very nice ride. Whats the best way to
    get there from South Austin?

  6. Ask that question here: http://www.bikemojo.com/index.shtml

    And you'll not only get all the answers, you'll probably end up with several guides and perhaps post
    ride barley-juice.

    TacomaBoy wrote:

    >"El Barista" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:D[email protected]...
    >

    >>Dan Langille wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is that Walnut Creek as in near Concord CA just near Oakland?
    >>>

    >>Nope, Austin, TX.
    >>
    >>-will
    >>

    >I am a novice in Austin looking for new riding spots. Walnut creek looks pretty decent... where is
    >it? By Campus? Would you rate it as difficult? It looks like a very nice ride. Whats the best way
    >to get there from South Austin?

  7. El Barista

    El Barista Guest

    TacomaBoy wrote:

    > I am a novice in Austin looking for new riding spots. Walnut creek looks pretty decent... where is
    > it? By Campus? Would you rate it as difficult? It looks like a very nice ride. Whats the best way
    > to get there from
    South
    > Austin?

    Hey, I recognize you. You're the guy in austin.forsale that told me to try eBay for that cassette.
    You're more than welcome to join up with our crew when we ride there. I'm leaving town for balmier
    environs on Sunday for a week, but when I get back I'll be ready to ride...

    Anyway, ditto what Anthony Sloan said. I'm Caffiend on BikeMojo.com. Head there and make yourself
    known (the Speak section is the forum)

    -will

  8. Tacomaboy

    Tacomaboy Guest

    You too thanks! Maybe we can meet up someday and ride... I still have to build up a lot of endurance
    though, I worry Ill slow people up alot... Im still pretty out of shape.

    "El Barista" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > TacomaBoy wrote:
    >
    > > I am a novice in Austin looking for new riding spots. Walnut creek
    looks
    > > pretty decent... where is it? By Campus? Would you rate it as
    difficult?
    > > It looks like a very nice ride. Whats the best way to get there from
    > South
    > > Austin?
    >
    > Hey, I recognize you. You're the guy in austin.forsale that told me to
    try
    > eBay for that cassette. You're more than welcome to join up with our crew when we ride there.
    > I'm leaving town for balmier environs on Sunday for a week, but when I get back I'll be ready
    > to ride...
    >
    > Anyway, ditto what Anthony Sloan said. I'm Caffiend on BikeMojo.com.
    Head
    > there and make yourself known (the Speak section is the forum)
    >
    > -will

  9. El Barista

    El Barista Guest

    Tacomaboy wrote:

    > You too thanks! Maybe we can meet up someday and ride... I still have to build up a lot of
    > endurance though, I worry Ill slow people up alot... Im still pretty out of shape.

    Don't sweat it. When I get back I'll be leading a light ride ( the 26th, 27th, or so) with some new
    riders from work. It'll be slow-paced and frequent stops I guarantee. Plus watch BikeMojo for "no
    drop" rides. That's what those are all about.

    -will