A few pics of the little hours old pup we found on Monday:

Shaun aRe

Guest
Have now been put up here:

http://www.pixparty.com/shaunare/gallery.asp.

Found her, little Staffordshire bull terrier, in the grass, not long since
born and squealing away noisily, freezing cold. Took her to the vets, got
some feed and such, I stayed home feeding and wetting (there is no urinating
or defecating instinct in them at this age - after each feed one has to
*wipe their bits* with warm damp cloth/cotton wool to simulate a lick from
momma so they will 'go' IYSWIM) her every 2 hours, then was awake all night
doing the same.

Found her mom last night - neighbours dog - she'd just been let out to take
a leak, owner didn't spot that she'd dropped her first pup in the grass
(this happens quite often - mom doesn't even *know* that she's birthed one
while pissing), before returning home to drop the other 7.

She's a good momma, and despite the pup now smelling of me and our dog, she
licked her all over, picked her right up and carried her to the rest of them
before curling around them all, TF! I was concerned she'd disown it or
worse - this can often be the case...

Anyhow, take a peek if ya like!

',;~}~

Shaun aRe still tired, upset to see her go, but buzzing so much to have
saved her and kept her well for momma, heheheheh!

Ahh, ain't life grand.

Shaun, your into your photos, you ever look on any of the sites? Been
browsing ephotozine lately, some great images
This guy is really good
<http://www.ephotozine.com/user.cfm?user=20934>

Steve.

Shaun aRe wrote:
> Have now been put up here:
>
> http://www.pixparty.com/shaunare/gallery.asp.
>

> Found her, little Staffordshire bull terrier, in the grass, not long since
> born and squealing away noisily, freezing cold. Took her to the vets, got
> some feed and such, I stayed home feeding and wetting (there is no urinating
> or defecating instinct in them at this age - after each feed one has to
> *wipe their bits* with warm damp cloth/cotton wool to simulate a lick from
> momma so they will 'go' IYSWIM) her every 2 hours, then was awake all night
> doing the same.
>
> Found her mom last night - neighbours dog - she'd just been let out to take
> a leak, owner didn't spot that she'd dropped her first pup in the grass
> (this happens quite often - mom doesn't even *know* that she's birthed one
> while pissing), before returning home to drop the other 7.
>
> She's a good momma, and despite the pup now smelling of me and our dog, she
> licked her all over, picked her right up and carried her to the rest of them
> before curling around them all, TF! I was concerned she'd disown it or
> worse - this can often be the case...
>
> Anyhow, take a peek if ya like!
>
> ',;~}~
>

> Shaun aRe still tired, upset to see her go, but buzzing so much to have
> saved her and kept her well for momma, heheheheh!

Are you going to keep her when she's whelped?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ahh, ain't life grand.

Heh, hey Steve! I'tll be even grander when I've caught up on sleep again
mate, and if/when we get to have the pup back... heheheh...

> Shaun, your into your photos, you ever look on any of the sites? Been
> browsing ephotozine lately, some great images
> This guy is really good
> <http://www.ephotozine.com/user.cfm?user=20934>

Cheers - had a quick look mate - great work eh?

Later, dOoOd ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Shaun aRe wrote:
> > Have now been put up here:
> >
> > http://www.pixparty.com/shaunare/gallery.asp.
> >

> > Found her, little Staffordshire bull terrier, in the grass, not long

since
> > born and squealing away noisily, freezing cold. Took her to the vets,

got
> > some feed and such, I stayed home feeding and wetting (there is no

urinating
> > or defecating instinct in them at this age - after each feed one has to
> > *wipe their bits* with warm damp cloth/cotton wool to simulate a lick

from
> > momma so they will 'go' IYSWIM) her every 2 hours, then was awake all

night
> > doing the same.
> >
> > Found her mom last night - neighbours dog - she'd just been let out to

take
> > a leak, owner didn't spot that she'd dropped her first pup in the grass
> > (this happens quite often - mom doesn't even *know* that she's birthed

one
> > while pissing), before returning home to drop the other 7.
> >
> > She's a good momma, and despite the pup now smelling of me and our dog,

she
> > licked her all over, picked her right up and carried her to the rest of

them
> > before curling around them all, TF! I was concerned she'd disown it or
> > worse - this can often be the case...
> >
> > Anyhow, take a peek if ya like!
> >
> > ',;~}~
> >

> > Shaun aRe still tired, upset to see her go, but buzzing so much to have
> > saved her and kept her well for momma, heheheheh!
> >

> Are you going to keep her when she's whelped?

It's a possibility - we'd certainly LOVE to, but there's the practicalities
to take into consideration - we couldn't leave her in the house alone - we
don't with the adult dog we have now - she goes to the in-laws to hang with
there dog - the two can be left in alone if needs be too, and don't mind at
all, couldn't leave a pup with either of these dogs... not and keep any
peace of mind! So yeah, we'd love to, but we have to work out if we actually
*can* yet...

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > Are you going to keep her when she's whelped?

> It's a possibility - we'd certainly LOVE to, but there's the practicalities
> to take into consideration - we couldn't leave her in the house alone - we
> don't with the adult dog we have now - she goes to the in-laws to hang with
> there dog - the two can be left in alone if needs be too, and don't mind at
> all, couldn't leave a pup with either of these dogs... not and keep any
> peace of mind! So yeah, we'd love to, but we have to work out if we actually
> *can* yet...

I have 4 dogs and at one time had up to seven in the house at one time.
The secret to multiple and even single dogs being left home is crate
training. Their crate becomes their security den and they learn to like
it.Dogs are denning animals like their ancestors the wolves. When you
need to leave, they stay in their crates. If you have visitors that
they stress over, they will on their own retreat to their crates.
Multiple dogs can be fed in their crates - stops food possessiveness.
The crate is the place that says "Do Not Disturb Me." It isn't a
punishment tool, it is a safe zone. Some links about it.

http://www.inch.com/~dogs/cratetraining.html
http://www.canismajor.com/dog/crate2.html#Cry
http://www.canismajor.com/dog/crate2.html#Older
http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/ccp51/cc/dog-training/dog-crate.shtml

Sandi

Sandi wrote:

> Shaun aRe wrote:
>
>>"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Are you going to keep her when she's whelped?

>>It's a possibility - we'd certainly LOVE to, but there's the practicalities
>>to take into consideration - we couldn't leave her in the house alone - we
>>don't with the adult dog we have now - she goes to the in-laws to hang with
>>there dog - the two can be left in alone if needs be too, and don't mind at
>>all, couldn't leave a pup with either of these dogs... not and keep any
>>peace of mind! So yeah, we'd love to, but we have to work out if we actually
>> *can* yet...

> I have 4 dogs and at one time had up to seven in the house at one time.
> The secret to multiple and even single dogs being left home is crate
> training. Their crate becomes their security den and they learn to like
> it.Dogs are denning animals like their ancestors the wolves. When you
> need to leave, they stay in their crates. If you have visitors that
> they stress over, they will on their own retreat to their crates.
> Multiple dogs can be fed in their crates - stops food possessiveness.
> The crate is the place that says "Do Not Disturb Me." It isn't a
> punishment tool, it is a safe zone. Some links about it.
>
> http://www.inch.com/~dogs/cratetraining.html
> http://www.canismajor.com/dog/crate2.html#Cry
> http://www.canismajor.com/dog/crate2.html#Older
> http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/ccp51/cc/dog-training/dog-crate.shtml
>
> Sandi

All four of my dogs are crate trained. Yes, it is very effective and
not mean.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Sandi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Shaun aRe wrote:
> > "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Are you going to keep her when she's whelped?

> > It's a possibility - we'd certainly LOVE to, but there's the

practicalities
> > to take into consideration - we couldn't leave her in the house alone -

we
> > don't with the adult dog we have now - she goes to the in-laws to hang

with
> > there dog - the two can be left in alone if needs be too, and don't mind

at
> > all, couldn't leave a pup with either of these dogs... not and keep any
> > peace of mind! So yeah, we'd love to, but we have to work out if we

actually
> > *can* yet...

> I have 4 dogs and at one time had up to seven in the house at one time.
> The secret to multiple and even single dogs being left home is crate
> training. Their crate becomes their security den and they learn to like
> it.Dogs are denning animals like their ancestors the wolves. When you
> need to leave, they stay in their crates. If you have visitors that
> they stress over, they will on their own retreat to their crates.
> Multiple dogs can be fed in their crates - stops food possessiveness.
> The crate is the place that says "Do Not Disturb Me." It isn't a
> punishment tool, it is a safe zone. Some links about it.

I know what you mean, but not only is she a Staff. and therefore a dog that
needs constant stimulation and company, but at ~8 weeks old it would not be
good for her to leave her alone, nor would it be good for the house...

Shaun aRe

"Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Have now been put up here:
>
> http://www.pixparty.com/shaunare/gallery.asp.
>

> Found her, little Staffordshire bull terrier, in the grass, not long since
> born and squealing away noisily, freezing cold. Took her to the vets, got
> some feed and such, I stayed home feeding and wetting (there is no

urinating
> or defecating instinct in them at this age - after each feed one has to
> *wipe their bits* with warm damp cloth/cotton wool to simulate a lick from
> momma so they will 'go' IYSWIM) her every 2 hours, then was awake all

night
> doing the same.
>
> Found her mom last night - neighbours dog - she'd just been let out to

take
> a leak, owner didn't spot that she'd dropped her first pup in the grass
> (this happens quite often - mom doesn't even *know* that she's birthed one
> while pissing), before returning home to drop the other 7.
>
> She's a good momma, and despite the pup now smelling of me and our dog,

she
> licked her all over, picked her right up and carried her to the rest of

them
> before curling around them all, TF! I was concerned she'd disown it or
> worse - this can often be the case...
>
> Anyhow, take a peek if ya like!
>
> ',;~}~
>

> Shaun aRe still tired, upset to see her go, but buzzing so much to have
> saved her and kept her well for momma, heheheheh!

GRRR, it won't load for me today! Can you pop me an email? Addy in my sig
is valid.

Lynne A, sucker for all wee ones
[email protected]

"Lynne A" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Have now been put up here:
> >
> > http://www.pixparty.com/shaunare/gallery.asp.
> >

> > Found her, little Staffordshire bull terrier, in the grass, not long

since
> > born and squealing away noisily, freezing cold. Took her to the vets,

got
> > some feed and such, I stayed home feeding and wetting (there is no

> urinating
> > or defecating instinct in them at this age - after each feed one has to
> > *wipe their bits* with warm damp cloth/cotton wool to simulate a lick

from
> > momma so they will 'go' IYSWIM) her every 2 hours, then was awake all

> night
> > doing the same.
> >
> > Found her mom last night - neighbours dog - she'd just been let out to

> take
> > a leak, owner didn't spot that she'd dropped her first pup in the grass
> > (this happens quite often - mom doesn't even *know* that she's birthed

one
> > while pissing), before returning home to drop the other 7.
> >
> > She's a good momma, and despite the pup now smelling of me and our dog,

> she
> > licked her all over, picked her right up and carried her to the rest of

> them
> > before curling around them all, TF! I was concerned she'd disown it or
> > worse - this can often be the case...
> >
> > Anyhow, take a peek if ya like!
> >
> > ',;~}~
> >

> > Shaun aRe still tired, upset to see her go, but buzzing so much to have
> > saved her and kept her well for momma, heheheheh!
> >

> GRRR, it won't load for me today! Can you pop me an email? Addy in my

sig
> is valid.

Hmmm, someone else had that problem earlier too. Consider it done! There's
only 4 pics, between ~500 and 1 Meg.

Shaun aRe

"Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Lynne A" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>

> > GRRR, it won't load for me today! Can you pop me an email? Addy in my

> sig
> > is valid.

> Hmmm, someone else had that problem earlier too. Consider it done! There's
> only 4 pics, between ~500 and 1 Meg.
>

> Shaun aRe

Danka!

Lynne A
[email protected]

"Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Have now been put up here:
>
> http://www.pixparty.com/shaunare/gallery.asp.
>

> Found her, little Staffordshire bull terrier, in the grass, not long since
> born and squealing away noisily, freezing cold. Took her to the vets, got
> some feed and such, I stayed home feeding and wetting (there is no

urinating
> or defecating instinct in them at this age - after each feed one has to
> *wipe their bits* with warm damp cloth/cotton wool to simulate a lick from
> momma so they will 'go' IYSWIM) her every 2 hours, then was awake all

night
> doing the same.
>
> Found her mom last night - neighbours dog - she'd just been let out to

take
> a leak, owner didn't spot that she'd dropped her first pup in the grass
> (this happens quite often - mom doesn't even *know* that she's birthed one
> while pissing), before returning home to drop the other 7.
>
> She's a good momma, and despite the pup now smelling of me and our dog,

she
> licked her all over, picked her right up and carried her to the rest of

them
> before curling around them all, TF! I was concerned she'd disown it or
> worse - this can often be the case...
>
> Anyhow, take a peek if ya like!

Cute as a button!

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Have now been put up here:
> >
> > http://www.pixparty.com/shaunare/gallery.asp.
> >

> > Found her, little Staffordshire bull terrier, in the grass, not long

since
> > born and squealing away noisily, freezing cold. Took her to the vets,

got
> > some feed and such, I stayed home feeding and wetting (there is no

> urinating
> > or defecating instinct in them at this age - after each feed one has to
> > *wipe their bits* with warm damp cloth/cotton wool to simulate a lick

from
> > momma so they will 'go' IYSWIM) her every 2 hours, then was awake all

> night
> > doing the same.
> >
> > Found her mom last night - neighbours dog - she'd just been let out to

> take
> > a leak, owner didn't spot that she'd dropped her first pup in the grass
> > (this happens quite often - mom doesn't even *know* that she's birthed

one
> > while pissing), before returning home to drop the other 7.
> >
> > She's a good momma, and despite the pup now smelling of me and our dog,

> she
> > licked her all over, picked her right up and carried her to the rest of

> them
> > before curling around them all, TF! I was concerned she'd disown it or
> > worse - this can often be the case...
> >
> > Anyhow, take a peek if ya like!

> Cute as a button!

Heheheh, ain't she just! Though considerably larger than one for a new
born - she's gotta been about 7" or so long and no skinny either ',;~}~

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe wrote:
> Have now been put up here:
>
> http://www.pixparty.com/shaunare/gallery.asp.

My Hero!

L&H, Sue.

ps and your wife too.

> Found her, little Staffordshire bull terrier, in the grass, not long since
> born and squealing away noisily, freezing cold. Took her to the vets, got
> some feed and such, I stayed home feeding and wetting (there is no urinating
> or defecating instinct in them at this age - after each feed one has to
> *wipe their bits* with warm damp cloth/cotton wool to simulate a lick from
> momma so they will 'go' IYSWIM) her every 2 hours, then was awake all night
> doing the same.
>
> Found her mom last night - neighbours dog - she'd just been let out to take
> a leak, owner didn't spot that she'd dropped her first pup in the grass
> (this happens quite often - mom doesn't even *know* that she's birthed one
> while pissing), before returning home to drop the other 7.
>
> She's a good momma, and despite the pup now smelling of me and our dog, she
> licked her all over, picked her right up and carried her to the rest of them
> before curling around them all, TF! I was concerned she'd disown it or
> worse - this can often be the case...
>
> Anyhow, take a peek if ya like!
>
> ',;~}~
>

> Shaun aRe still tired, upset to see her go, but buzzing so much to have
> saved her and kept her well for momma, heheheheh!

> after each feed one has to *wipe their bits* with warm damp
> cloth/cotton wool

How did you get it to stay attached to your tongue?

Lynne A wrote:
> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>"Lynne A" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>

>>>GRRR, it won't load for me today! Can you pop me an email? Addy in my

>>sig
>>
>>>is valid.

>>Hmmm, someone else had that problem earlier too. Consider it done! There's
>>only 4 pics, between ~500 and 1 Meg.
>>

>>Shaun aRe
>>

> Danka!
>
> Lynne A
> [email protected]

It doesn't work in Firefox for me, but it does in IE.
Cute pup. Good thing you don't have to be her mum for now - that sounds
like as much work as a human baby.
Nice jab saving her, ya freak!

Matt

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Lynne A wrote:
> > "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>"Lynne A" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >>sig

> >>Hmmm, someone else had that problem earlier too. Consider it done!

There's
> >>only 4 pics, between ~500 and 1 Meg.
> >>

> >>Shaun aRe
> >>

> > Danka!
> >
> > Lynne A
> > [email protected]
> >

> It doesn't work in Firefox for me, but it does in IE.

Oh well!

> Cute pup. Good thing you don't have to be her mum for now - that sounds
> like as much work as a human baby.

Don't mind the work, couldn't do without the sleep though...

> Nice jab saving her, ya freak!
>
> Matt

Cheers Matt! It was Kath who actually found her there - I was taking a ****
at the time LOL!

',;~}~

Shaun aRe

"JohnH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > after each feed one has to *wipe their bits* with warm damp
> > cloth/cotton wool

> How did you get it to stay attached to your tongue?

Hey - I wasn't gonna go that far with the simulation, silly! I can't STAND
the sensation of cotton wool in my mouth.

****
> at the time LOL!
>
> ',;~}~
>

> Shaun aRe