A few pics of the little hours old pup we found on Monday:

"Lynne A" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > Nice jab saving her, ya freak!
> > >
> > > Matt

> > Cheers Matt! It was Kath who actually found her there - I was taking a

> ****
> > at the time LOL!
> >
> > ',;~}~
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >

> TMI, TMI! LOLOL

I know but he deserved it LOL!

Shaun aRe

"Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Lynne A" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Cheers Matt! It was Kath who actually found her there - I was taking a

> > ****
> > > at the time LOL!
> > >
> > > ',;~}~
> > >

> > > Shaun aRe
> > >

> > TMI, TMI! LOLOL

> I know but he deserved it LOL!
>

> Shaun aRe

Well, thanks for sharing it with the rest of us, Shaun-it means SOOOOO
much!LOL

Lynne A
[email protected]

Cheeky *******!

"Lynne A" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > I know but he deserved it LOL!
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >

> Well, thanks for sharing it with the rest of us, Shaun-it means SOOOOO
> much!LOL

I'm just that caring kinda guy I guess - I love to share and spread a little
light around out there ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

>>> after each feed one has to *wipe their bits* with warm damp
>>> cloth/cotton wool

>> How did you get it to stay attached to your tongue?

> Hey - I wasn't gonna go that far with the simulation, silly! I can't
> STAND the sensation of cotton wool in my mouth.

So much for your long standing reputation as a potty mouth! How can we
respect you now?

"Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Lynne A" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > I know but he deserved it LOL!
> > >

> > > Shaun aRe
> > >

> > Well, thanks for sharing it with the rest of us, Shaun-it means SOOOOO
> > much!LOL

> I'm just that caring kinda guy I guess - I love to share and spread a

little
> light around out there ',;~}~
>

> Shaun aRe

You really are! Tell ya what, I'll be sure to post next time *I* take a
****, too, so you can have the warm fuzzies as well<WEG>

Lynne A
[email protected]

Shaun aRe wrote:

> Have now been put up here:
>
> http://www.pixparty.com/shaunare/gallery.asp.
>

> Found her, little Staffordshire bull terrier, in the grass, not long since
> born and squealing away noisily, freezing cold. Took her to the vets, got
> some feed and such, I stayed home feeding and wetting (there is no urinating
> or defecating instinct in them at this age - after each feed one has to
> *wipe their bits* with warm damp cloth/cotton wool to simulate a lick from
> momma so they will 'go' IYSWIM) her every 2 hours, then was awake all night
> doing the same.
>
> Found her mom last night - neighbours dog - she'd just been let out to take
> a leak, owner didn't spot that she'd dropped her first pup in the grass
> (this happens quite often - mom doesn't even *know* that she's birthed one
> while pissing), before returning home to drop the other 7.
>
> She's a good momma, and despite the pup now smelling of me and our dog, she
> licked her all over, picked her right up and carried her to the rest of them
> before curling around them all, TF! I was concerned she'd disown it or
> worse - this can often be the case...
>
> Anyhow, take a peek if ya like!
>
> ',;~}~
>

> Shaun aRe still tired, upset to see her go, but buzzing so much to have
> saved her and kept her well for momma, heheheheh!

Aww. Good for you. Recipes for emergency puppy formula can be found here:

http://www.petbitsforyou.com/formula.html

Kathleen

Shaun aRe wrote:
> "Sandi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> > Shaun aRe wrote:
> > > "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > It's a possibility - we'd certainly LOVE to, but there's the

> practicalities
> > > to take into consideration - we couldn't leave her in the house alone -

> we
> > > don't with the adult dog we have now - she goes to the in-laws to hang

> with
> > > there dog - the two can be left in alone if needs be too, and don't mind

> at
> > > all, couldn't leave a pup with either of these dogs... not and keep any
> > > peace of mind! So yeah, we'd love to, but we have to work out if we

> actually
> > > *can* yet...

> > I have 4 dogs and at one time had up to seven in the house at one time.
> > The secret to multiple and even single dogs being left home is crate
> > training. Their crate becomes their security den and they learn to like
> > it.Dogs are denning animals like their ancestors the wolves. When you
> > need to leave, they stay in their crates. If you have visitors that
> > they stress over, they will on their own retreat to their crates.
> > Multiple dogs can be fed in their crates - stops food possessiveness.
> > The crate is the place that says "Do Not Disturb Me." It isn't a
> > punishment tool, it is a safe zone. Some links about it.

> I know what you mean, but not only is she a Staff. and therefore a dog that
> needs constant stimulation and company, but at ~8 weeks old it would not be
> good for her to leave her alone, nor would it be good for the house...
>

> Shaun aRe

Plenty of Staffordshire Terrier breeders here in the US are able to
crate train their dogs. Crate training does NOT exclude stimulation and
company. Anyone that tells you it does is not training properly and
using the crates improperly.

I have 3 bouvier des flandres and a west highland white terrier. The
bouviers are all very people oriented, are intelligent dogs that
require company and stimulation. They don't do well being isolated but
they are all crate trained for when we need to be out of the house.
Even when we are home if they do not want to be bothered with the otehr
dogs or other people, they naturally go to their crate and will even
pull the door closed. Between my Sig Other and myself we have a
combined total of 75 years of dog training. He's been showing dogs and
training dogs since the mid 1950's. I've been working with dogs since
the 1970's. We've successfully crate trained these dogs and they don't
stress over being in the crates. These high contact, high stimulation
dogs even managed to handle the large amount of crate time it took to
drive the 8 weeks from Seattle Washington to Siguatepeque, Honduras.

No puppy should ever be in a crate for 8 hours. But..they can be
successfully trained and if there is someone that can come over to the
house during the day when you are at work to let the dog out and to
provide companionship, there is no reason to not get a puppy. BTW, most
reputable breeders in the US won't even let a dog go until they are
10-12 weeks...and those extra 2 to 4 weeks make a big difference in the
ability of the dog to deal with the real world. Lessons from mom on
behavior are often taught during that time frame.

Sandi

Shaun aRe said:
>Found her, little Staffordshire bull terrier, in the grass, not long since

born and squealing away noisily, freezing cold.

OMG that is *cute*.

gabrielle

"JohnH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> >> How did you get it to stay attached to your tongue?

> > Hey - I wasn't gonna go that far with the simulation, silly! I can't
> > STAND the sensation of cotton wool in my mouth.
> >

> So much for your long standing reputation as a potty mouth! How can we
> respect you now?

You'd better or I will trounce you all over Usenet (again) until you cry
(again) Ha! (again) <chortle!>

',;~P

Shaun aRe

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Have now been put up here:
> >
> > http://www.pixparty.com/shaunare/gallery.asp.
> > >

> > Anyhow, take a peek if ya like!
> >
> > ',;~}~
> >

> > Shaun aRe still tired, upset to see her go, but buzzing so much to have
> > saved her and kept her well for momma, heheheheh!
> >

> And to think, I was the only guy who for years knew how *sweet* you always
> were...

Meh, and after I ried so hard to cover it up too! Saw through me din'tcha?

> Very cool, ya gits!

Thanks Christian ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

"gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Shaun aRe said:
> >Found her, little Staffordshire bull terrier, in the grass, not long

since
> born and squealing away noisily, freezing cold.
>
> OMG that is *cute*.
>
> gabrielle

Hey Gabrielle! Yup, cute as a cute thing with added cute topping, eh? I'm
still glowing and grinning over her and all this - great when life gives you
a chance to do something like this...

Cheers ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe wrote:
> "Sandi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > I have 3 bouvier des flandres and a west highland white terrier. The
> > bouviers are all very people oriented, are intelligent dogs that
> > require company and stimulation. They don't do well being isolated but
> > they are all crate trained for when we need to be out of the house.

> Yes, bu8t in order for you to have crate trained them, you had to *be there*
> in the first place...

Being there meant vacation time off from work and personal days off. We
make that kind of committment to our dogs.

On the father of the dogs we know have, we took the time off of work.
$1000 for the dog and he was sent in to Vancouver, BC, Canada from
Calgary, ALberta, Canada. We then drove him home to Washington state in
the US and spent the time to crate train him. Vacation time and
personal time off from work.

On his sons and daughters, we again took the time off of work -
vacation time and personal days - to crate train. We worked close
enough that we could come home during the day on breaks to let them all
out. At one time we had 7 dogs at the house. They could not be left in
an area like a kitchen because they could climb baby gates (even if
stacked two high) and roam the house getting into trouble.

Right now because we cannot find a suitable live in dog sitter so we
can vacation, SO and I take separate vacations so one of us is home for
the dogs.
We are planning a joint vacation in two years and we are working it our
with our old dog sitter in the US to have a working vacation. We pay
her airfare down to Honduras and back in return for house sitting and
dog sitting. In addition, we'll take her on some initial trips to the
Mayan Ruins in Copan. The dogs are a priority committment we don't take
lightly.

Hope you will be able to get the pup eventually.

Sandi

> Have now been put up here:
>
> http://www.pixparty.com/shaunare/gallery.asp.
>
> Anyhow, take a peek if ya like!
>
> ',;~}~
>

> Shaun aRe still tired, upset to see her go, but buzzing so much to have
> saved her and kept her well for momma, heheheheh!

Forget the cute pooch, what's with the "View Adult Photos & Videos (1)"
section??

--
Slack - not that I want to see ya freakness in yer b-day suit

"Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Have now been put up here:
> >
> > http://www.pixparty.com/shaunare/gallery.asp.
> >
> > Anyhow, take a peek if ya like!
> >
> > ',;~}~
> >

> > Shaun aRe still tired, upset to see her go, but buzzing so much to have
> > saved her and kept her well for momma, heheheheh!
> >

> Forget the cute pooch, what's with the "View Adult Photos & Videos (1)"
> section??

Heheheh, I put that there for just this reason - it's just another
psychedelic pic, heheheheh... Cheers!

',;~}~

Shaun aRe