Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

A few questions about pedals/shoes

Started by Nick09 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,621 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
10 August 2009
Last activity
11 August 2009
Original author
Nick09
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,621
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have been looking at pedals/shoes or the past few weeks, and have a few questions. First, I am fairly sure that i am going to go for the Speedplay Zero Chromoly pedals. I only want to spend about 250ish dollars of my summer money. ( I am hoping that the pedals will be between 125-150.)

    1. Websites do not advertise if the cleats are included with the purchase of the pedals. Do they?

    2. If anyone is familiar with theses pedals/cleats, can you tell me if there is any difference between the 3-hole mount and 4-hole mount? Do the different mounts make a difference of what shoe I buy?

    3. Does hardware for both mounts come included with the purchase of the pedals?

    4. Does anyone recommend a specific shoe? Right now I am looking at Diadora of Sidi. (Remember I only have about 100-120 left to spend after the pedals.)

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Nick09 said:

    1. Websites do not advertise if the cleats are included with the purchase of the pedals. Do they?

    Yes, cleats are included with the pedals.

    Quoted post said:

    2. If anyone is familiar with theses pedals/cleats, can you tell me if there is any difference between the 3-hole mount and 4-hole mount? Do the different mounts make a difference of what shoe I buy?

    The four hole plate was useful in the days when Time cleats and Time compatible shoes had 4 screw mounting. The benefit to that, for Speedplay, was that it decreased the distance from shoe to pedal axle (stack height). Now, I don't know that anyone is making a 4 hole shoe. Time now uses a 3 hole cleat, and nearly every shoe, for road riding, has that three hole pattern.

    Quoted post said:

    3. Does hardware for both mounts come included with the purchase of the pedals?


    You'll get everything you need to mount and use the pedals.

    Quoted post said:

    4. Does anyone recommend a specific shoe? Right now I am looking at Diadora of Sidi. (Remember I only have about 100-120 left to spend after the pedals.)

    Recommending shoes is like recommending underwear: someone else's taste or opinion really doesn't count for anything. What you need to do is try on a bunch of shoes to find which fits and suits your feet best. Sidi, Shimano, Specialized, Lake, and Northwave are just a few of the excellent shoe makers out there.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.