A Few Rocks

Brian Schiele,

> What are you riding? That isn't Richie is it?

Wherever he is, it looks hot. Prefer cool riding, myself.

[email protected] (JD) wrote:
> I'm sure TJ will recognize this mess. He may even call me crazy for venturing up there on a rigid
> bike. I am.
>
> http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061003014.jpg

Ah, is that trail up on the Mesa near Powderhorn? I think I remember that trail. Summer of '88 after
I got my first mtb, my brother-in-law and I took that abuse one day in August. Sure looks like the
same trail. That was a pivotal ride for me...

All bikes were rigid back then. Nike lavadomes strapped to XT pedals. Cutoffs and T-shirts. Striped
socks. No helmets.

That really takes me back.
--
Tom Purvis - http://www.arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/ Salida, CO

MattB,

>> If you call 75 degrees farenheit hot, you must be a polar bear.
>
> ..or live in Gunnison!

Toronto.

[email protected] (Tom Purvis) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (JD) wrote:
> > I'm sure TJ will recognize this mess. He may even call me crazy for venturing up there on a
> > rigid bike. I am.
> >
> > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061003014.jpg
>
> Ah, is that trail up on the Mesa near Powderhorn? I think I remember that trail. Summer of '88
> after I got my first mtb, my brother-in-law and I took that abuse one day in August. Sure looks
> like the same trail. That was a pivotal ride for me...

It's not near Powderhorn, but is just as rough as the trail you nare thinking of. That was the
mellow part of the trail, really.

> All bikes were rigid back then. Nike lavadomes strapped to XT pedals. Cutoffs and T-shirts.
> Striped socks. No helmets.
>
> That really takes me back.

Sounds like m SoCal fireroad bombing days, as well as my NC adventures.

JD

Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> JD wrote:
>
> >I'm sure TJ will recognize this mess. He may even call me crazy for venturing up there on a rigid
> >bike. I am.
> >
> >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061003014.jpg
> >
> >JD
> >

> Looks like the riding here.

That was one of the more tame sections. I'm sure that TJ will let me drag him (or vice versa) onto
that trail this Summer. We'll make sure to take pictures of the more wicked portions.

JD