A Few Rocks

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Jun 11, 2003.

  1. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Tags:

  2. Vp

    Vp Guest

    Brian Schiele,

    > What are you riding? That isn't Richie is it?

    Wherever he is, it looks hot. Prefer cool riding, myself.

  3. Technician

    Technician Guest

  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  5. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

  6. Tom Purvis

    Tom Purvis Guest

    [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    > I'm sure TJ will recognize this mess. He may even call me crazy for venturing up there on a rigid
    > bike. I am.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061003014.jpg

    Ah, is that trail up on the Mesa near Powderhorn? I think I remember that trail. Summer of '88 after
    I got my first mtb, my brother-in-law and I took that abuse one day in August. Sure looks like the
    same trail. That was a pivotal ride for me...

    All bikes were rigid back then. Nike lavadomes strapped to XT pedals. Cutoffs and T-shirts. Striped
    socks. No helmets.

    That really takes me back.
    --
    Tom Purvis - http://www.arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/ Salida, CO

  7. Vp

    Vp Guest

    MattB,

    >> If you call 75 degrees farenheit hot, you must be a polar bear.
    >
    > ..or live in Gunnison!

    Toronto.

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Tom Purvis) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    > > I'm sure TJ will recognize this mess. He may even call me crazy for venturing up there on a
    > > rigid bike. I am.
    > >
    > > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061003014.jpg
    >
    > Ah, is that trail up on the Mesa near Powderhorn? I think I remember that trail. Summer of '88
    > after I got my first mtb, my brother-in-law and I took that abuse one day in August. Sure looks
    > like the same trail. That was a pivotal ride for me...

    It's not near Powderhorn, but is just as rough as the trail you nare thinking of. That was the
    mellow part of the trail, really.

    > All bikes were rigid back then. Nike lavadomes strapped to XT pedals. Cutoffs and T-shirts.
    > Striped socks. No helmets.
    >
    > That really takes me back.

    Sounds like m SoCal fireroad bombing days, as well as my NC adventures.

    JD

  9. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > JD wrote:
    >
    > >I'm sure TJ will recognize this mess. He may even call me crazy for venturing up there on a rigid
    > >bike. I am.
    > >
    > >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061003014.jpg
    > >
    > >JD
    > >

    > Looks like the riding here.

    That was one of the more tame sections. I'm sure that TJ will let me drag him (or vice versa) onto
    that trail this Summer. We'll make sure to take pictures of the more wicked portions.

    JD