A "foodie" movie

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jake, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. Jake

    Jake Guest

    I've seen "The Big Night" a few times and as a self-proclaimed foodie I can say I really enjoyed
    that movie. Along those lines, friend recently recommended another foodie movie called, "Dinner
    Rush" staring Danny Aiello. This turned out to be really good movie as well - especially if you ever
    worked at a restaurant. Next time you go out to the video store without knowing what to rent, give
    this a try.

    Here's an IMDB link:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0229340/

    --
    JaKe, Seattle "Feeling is more important than technique" John "Bonzo" Bonham

    Tags:

  2. Frogleg

    Frogleg Guest

    On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:04:10 GMT, JaKe <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I've seen "The Big Night" a few times and as a self-proclaimed foodie I can say I really enjoyed
    >that movie. Along those lines, friend recently recommended another foodie movie called, "Dinner
    >Rush" staring Danny Aiello. This turned out to be really good movie as well - especially if you
    >ever worked at a restaurant. Next time you go out to the video store without knowing what to rent,
    >give this a try.
    >
    >Here's an IMDB link:
    >
    >http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0229340/

    Thanks for the recommendation. Foodie movies are often discussed here, but this is a new one.

  3. Lea B

    Lea B Guest

    JaKe wrote:
    > I've seen "The Big Night" a few times and as a self-proclaimed foodie I can say I really enjoyed
    > that movie. Along those lines, friend recently recommended another foodie movie called, "Dinner
    > Rush" staring Danny Aiello. This turned out to be really good movie as well - especially if you
    > ever worked at a restaurant. Next time you go out to the video store without knowing what to rent,
    > give this a try.
    >
    > Here's an IMDB link:
    >
    > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0229340/

    I really like "The Last Supper" http://www.movietome.com/movietome/servlet/MovieMain/movieid-
    10340/The_Last_ Supper/

    --
    something witty

  4. Buckler

    Buckler Guest

    "JaKe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've seen "The Big Night" a few times and as a self-proclaimed foodie I can say I really enjoyed
    > that movie. Along those lines, friend recently recommended another foodie movie called, "Dinner
    > Rush" staring Danny Aiello. This turned out to be really good movie as well - especially if you
    > ever worked at a restaurant. Next time you go out to the video store without knowing what to rent,
    > give this a try.
    >
    > Here's an IMDB link:
    >
    > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0229340/

    Want a real rush? Try "Babette's Feast". Great flick.

  5. On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:04:10 GMT, JaKe <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I've seen "The Big Night" a few times and as a self-proclaimed foodie I can say I really enjoyed
    >that movie. Along those lines, friend recently recommended another foodie movie called, "Dinner
    >Rush" staring Danny Aiello. This turned out to be really good movie as well - especially if you
    >ever worked at a restaurant. Next time you go out to the video store without knowing what to rent,
    >give this a try.
    >

    >http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0229340/

    I agree that both of those are worth seeing. I would add "Babette's Feast", "Tampopo," "About
    Marta," "Blue Plate Special", and "Eat, Drink, Man, Woman."

    Enough to make a mini film festival.

    Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

    Capsizing under chute, and having the chute rise and fill without tangling, all while Mark and Sally
    are still behind you