A+ for Power Tap product support

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Glenn Katon, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Glenn Katon

    Glenn Katon Guest

    I've been so impressed with Power Tap's product support that I want to spread the word. In the four
    years I've had it I've sent it back twice
    - both times were after the company was bought by Graber. They took care of the problem quickly and
    for FREE, and threw in extra zip ties (extra skinny), mounting pads, and O rings. It's an
    expensive and sometimes finicky piece of equipment, but they stand by it extremely well.

    Tags:

  2. Will Wong

    Will Wong Guest

    Glad to hear it Glenn. I bought the 1st generation model and had the leaking seal problem. I just
    stay out of the rain now (actually wet roads is what killed it; I hate riding in rain anyway). I
    especially kept it out of the rain because I figured that the new management would never repair it
    again under warranty. Good to hear.

    My only problem with it now is very short computer battery life (lasts 4-5 weeks tops). I went and
    found a bulk sale of watch batteries and just plop in a new battery when it dies. I haven't changed
    the hub battery in over 2 years. Knock on wood.

    Despite the problems it really is a nice tool. I wish I had the discipline to utilize it better. I'm
    probably going to get the download interface now that it's $100.

    Will

    "Glenn Katon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've been so impressed with Power Tap's product support that I want to spread the word. In the
    > four years I've had it I've sent it back twice
    > - both times were after the company was bought by Graber. They took care of the problem quickly
    > and for FREE, and threw in extra zip ties (extra skinny), mounting pads, and O rings. It's an
    > expensive and sometimes finicky piece of equipment, but they stand by it extremely well.

  3. Jon Isaacs

    Jon Isaacs Guest

    >I've been so impressed with Power Tap's product support that I want to spread the word. In the four
    >years I've had it I've sent it back twice
    >- both times were after the company was bought by Graber. They took care of the problem quickly and
    > for FREE, and threw in extra zip ties (extra skinny), mounting pads, and O rings. It's an
    > expensive and sometimes finicky piece of equipment, but they stand by it extremely well.

    My experience is similar, they really go out of their way to provide support for the owners of the
    pre-Graber Powertap units.

    From what I understand the redesigned Powertap hub is now very reliable and does not suffer the
    moisture problems of the original. Currently I am riding a new Powertap wheel with my old computers
    and it seems to be working just fine.

    Seems like a great company, the way Graber has handled the owners of the original Powertaps certain
    encourages me to buy anything they make.

    jon isaacs