A Funny Thing Happened on the Way Home The Other Night

NickZX6R

Guest
I was on my way home a couple of nights ago, coming to the top of a
longish climb grinding away on the big chainring, not really paying
attention to the surroundings.

For some reason I looked up at 2 youngish girls (maybe 19 or 20 yrs
old?) who were walking along the street, and they were both looking
straight at me.

Then one of them reached up to her collar and generously pulled her top
down and showed me her breasts. She was wearing a really nice bra too.

Now, I can hear Hippy complaining that they weren't bare breasts but it
added some mystique.

Obviously I was pretty surprised, and all I could think to say was
"Thanks". ALthough it was more of a reflex than a thought process. I was
being sincere too.

I interpreted it as a reward for getting to the top of the climb :)

I was laughing out loud to myself for a few minutes after that, but it
took longer to get the smile off my face.

Good things happen when you ride bikes!

--
Nick

NickZX6R said:
[...]

no **** ...

actually i have notced the ladies checking you out frequently when we're out riding.

must be something magical about you on a bike.

now if you could sell that in a bottle ....

cheers
koon

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 at 21:33 GMT, NickZX6R (aka Bruce)
> I was on my way home a couple of nights ago, coming to the top of a
> longish climb grinding away on the big chainring, not really paying
> attention to the surroundings.

> Now, I can hear Hippy complaining that they weren't bare breasts but it
> added some mystique.

Nop, not riding a fixie.

An engineer is someone who does list processing in FORTRAN.

NickZX6R wrote:
> I was on my way home a couple of nights ago, coming to the top of a
> longish climb grinding away on the big chainring, not really paying
> attention to the surroundings.

Which climb would this be?.. I may have to change my route home ;)

cheers,
GPL

"NickZX6R" <[email protected]
> Then one of them reached up to her collar and generously pulled her top
> down and showed me her breasts. She was wearing a really nice bra too.

Were you riding a singlespeed?

> Now, I can hear Hippy complaining that they weren't bare breasts but it
> added some mystique.

<insert insufficient nakedness whinge here>

> I interpreted it as a reward for getting to the top of the climb :)

I'd climb more often if that was the case ;-)

> Good things happen when you ride bikes!

and how!

hippy

"GPLama" <[email protected]
> NickZX6R wrote:
>> I was on my way home a couple of nights ago, coming to the top of a
>> longish climb grinding away on the big chainring, not really paying
>> attention to the surroundings.

> Which climb would this be?.. I may have to change my route home ;)

"change your route"???

Sorry! ;-D

hippy

Koon Yong wrote:
> NickZX6R Wrote:
>
>>I was on my way home a couple of nights ago, coming to the top of a
>>longish climb grinding away on the big chainring, not really paying
>>attention to the surroundings.
>>
>>For some reason I looked up at 2 youngish girls (maybe 19 or 20 yrs
>>old?) who were walking along the street, and they were both looking
>>straight at me.
>>
>>Then one of them reached up to her collar and generously pulled her
>>top
>>down and showed me her breasts. She was wearing a really nice bra too.
>>
>>Now, I can hear Hippy complaining that they weren't bare breasts but
>>it
>>added some mystique.
>>
>>Obviously I was pretty surprised, and all I could think to say was
>>"Thanks". ALthough it was more of a reflex than a thought process. I
>>was
>>being sincere too.
>>
>>I interpreted it as a reward for getting to the top of the climb :)
>>
>>I was laughing out loud to myself for a few minutes after that, but it
>>took longer to get the smile off my face.
>>
>>Good things happen when you ride bikes!
>>
>>--
>>Nick

> no **** ...
>
> actually i have notced the ladies checking you out frequently when
> we're out riding.
>
> must be something magical about you on a bike.
>
> now if you could sell that in a bottle ....
>
> cheers
> koon

Chicks dig Reynolds 853 ;)

--
Nick

GPLama wrote:
> NickZX6R wrote:
>
>>I was on my way home a couple of nights ago, coming to the top of a
>>longish climb grinding away on the big chainring, not really paying
>>attention to the surroundings.

> Which climb would this be?.. I may have to change my route home ;)
>
> cheers,
> GPL

Bulleen Rd heading north up to Doncaster Rd (Melb).

Actually it's not even longish, except when I'm tired. I decided the
other day that it's only a hill if I can't spin 90rpm in the lowest gear :)

--
Nick

Chicks dig Reynolds 853 ;)

--
Nick[/QUOTE]

no wonder ...

i need a new frame then, my no-name chromo just can't cut it anymore.

koon

NickZX6R wrote:
> Bulleen Rd heading north up to Doncaster Rd (Melb).
>
> Actually it's not even longish, except when I'm tired. I decided the
> other day that it's only a hill if I can't spin 90rpm in the lowest
> gear :)

today is my lucky day!! that IS my daily route to work.. although 8am
might be a bit early for any action :(..

cheers,
GPL

flyingdutch said:
especially if its green :D :D :D

F"Air-hardened"Dutch

12:15 tonight, I had a friendly chat with the passenger of an older P-plated ute.
Mutual admiration. Should be more of me and was offered a drink.
Responded, should be more of such friendly dudes on the road.
I was in Mambo rather than lycra as it was a 2km trip home from a mates.

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 at 23:56 GMT, NickZX6R (aka Bruce)
> Bulleen Rd heading north up to Doncaster Rd (Melb).
>
> Actually it's not even longish, except when I'm tired. I decided the
> other day that it's only a hill if I can't spin 90rpm in the lowest gear :)

The one I did this morning, out between Lilydale and Hurstbridge
(maybe halfway between lilydale and the resevoir, whose name I have
forgotten. Anyway, off the beaten track...), was about 20 degrees
gradient (I think, I don't know - the photos are still sitting on the
camera), extrememly loose gravel, and none of the guys of varying
fitness, age, and bikes had any chance of making it up.

The previous day, we found similar but far less extreme hills at
Belgrave, just after the puffing billy station, and then up the
driveway to where we stayed last night. Very loose gravel - no hope of
getting any traction.

With my panniers loaded, I was more often horizontal that
vertical. The bike would start slipping out from my hold as I was
pushing it up, and then there was nothing to stop it to slip further.

The hill, which was about 0.8km long, took us about half an hour to
get up, and two bidons. The sweat pouring off me was impressive.

For some reason, there is a "grid" (of fence posts) at the start that
is intended to keep out all non-two-feeted creates, including
bikes. :)

Anyway, my bike's lowest gear is about 3rd or 4th on the two hard core
MTBers bikes, and they weren't spinning at 90rpm on a few of those
hills, so I guess I wasn't, either :)

vi is [[13~^[[15~^[[15~^[[19~^[[18~^ a
muk[^[[29~^[[34~^[[26~^[[32~^ch better editor than this emacs. I know
I^[[14~'ll get flamed for this but the truth has to be
said. ^[[D^[[D^[[D^[[D ^[[D^[^[[D^[[D^[[B^
exit ^X^C quit :x :wq dang it :w:w:w :x ^C^C^Z^D
-- Jesper Lauridsen <[email protected]> from alt.religion.emacs

NickZX6R said:
[...]

I was groped by a carload of chicks whilst riding up Swanston St. once. All a little bit under the influence, but they didn't miss at 30kph. Owwwwcchhh! :)

M "Assos knicks are good for LOTS of things" H

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 at 10:30 GMT, TimC (aka Bruce)
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 at 23:56 GMT, NickZX6R (aka Bruce)
>> Bulleen Rd heading north up to Doncaster Rd (Melb).
>>
>> Actually it's not even longish, except when I'm tired. I decided the
>> other day that it's only a hill if I can't spin 90rpm in the lowest gear :)

> The one I did this morning, out between Lilydale and Hurstbridge
> (maybe halfway between lilydale and the resevoir, whose name I have
> forgotten. Anyway, off the beaten track...), was about 20 degrees
> gradient (I think, I don't know - the photos are still sitting on the
> camera), extrememly loose gravel, and none of the guys of varying
> fitness, age, and bikes had any chance of making it up.

Just looking at the map: Near sugarloaf resevoir, is a road called
"breakneck rd", for a reason. Marked on my melways as "emergency
vehicles use only". Come from the yarraglen side to experience the
uphill :)

What did you type in wrong to get it to crash?