A funny thing I saw on my ride in this morning

Carl Brewer wrote:

> On 20 Jul 2005 21:13:41 -0700, "Jay Woo" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Carl Brewer wrote:
> >
> >> They're -very- expensive, they rate very high on the wankometer.
> >> Putting a rusty old mudguard on one would make most of
> >> the "the only good bike is Italian" set very upset.

> >See Rasso's going to ride a poker-dotted one on the Champs.

> What're the odds Lance has a yellow Trek for the same stage?

Hey, if he wants I can lend him my Learsport...

Tam

cfsmtb said:
<begin sooky voice> Ah, my road bikes gotta bell....whenever I start doing A*d*x it will have a postal rack too. & lotsa bidon cages. </end sooky voice>

Mind you, the commuter/tourers got everything plus Hello Kitty, but no GPS :D

Just when I'd got over the GT's panniers+barbag+bell+mudguards you lot create this thread!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

hippy
-back into therapy..

hippy wrote:
> cfsmtb Wrote:
>
>><begin sooky voice> Ah, my road bikes gotta bell....whenever I start
>>doing A*d*x it will have a postal rack too. & lotsa bidon cages. </end
>>sooky voice>
>>
>>Mind you, the commuter/tourers got everything plus Hello Kitty, but no
>>GPS :D

> Just when I'd got over the GT's panniers+barbag+bell+mudguards you lot
> create this thread!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
>
> hippy
> -back into therapy..

I think I mentioned before how my old "tourer" was an ex-track bike with
gears bolted on AND I did the Bibbulman walk track from Kalumunda to
Dwellingup on it. Brings back memorys of a few other trips too, riding
it around the Sydney opera house, riding from Sydney to Brisbane, riding
from Albany to Manjimup in a day (214 km and I had tent and sleeping bag
on the bike, I was 17 years old at the time and had never ridden more
than 20 km in one go before that week.)

Marty

hippy said:
Just when I'd got over the GT's panniers+barbag+bell+mudguards you lot create this thread!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

hippy
-back into therapy..

bulked panniers are fantastic if you lose your wheels.
Memories of rushing to catch the lights and making the wrong 90 turn.
I landed on pannier & handlebar, the only shock was mental.