A good aluminium bike!

miday

Jun 6, 2003
Is this still possible to say that you have a good aluminium bike! I've just built up a new commuter and I'm pretty impressed with it. Or am I just excited about new equipment and I've got myself a wooden tennis racquet?

miday said:
Is this still possible to say that you have a good aluminium bike! I've just built up a new commuter and I'm pretty impressed with it. Or am I just excited about new equipment and I've got myself a wooden tennis racquet?
Yep! i've got a good aliminium bike,i dont think i'd opt for a CF fame even if i had the bucks.But that is Mountain bike
But if someone had to give me a CF road bike hmmm.:)

Australia's best ever female cyclist Kathy Watt currently rides & wins on a Bianchi alloy frame & when Danilo Di Luca rode for Bianchi last year he insisted on an alloy Bianchi too. Either alloy is not too bad or Bianchi's carbons ride like **** :)

miday said:

Anything Scandium Alu (Bianchi and Ridley make good ones). Amazingly stiff, a sprinters bike.

caferacerwanabe said:
Australia's best ever female cyclist Kathy Watt currently rides & wins on a Bianchi alloy frame & when Danilo Di Luca rode for Bianchi last year he insisted on an alloy Bianchi too. Either alloy is not too bad or Bianchi's carbons ride like **** :)

I'm not a carbon basher -- I just bash the price (http://www.fitzroycycles.com.au/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=1251) -- but Boonen is also riding lau at the moment

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/200...tech/2007/features/boonen_specialized_roubaix

Apparently so, because if you take a tour of Ebay for example you will note that the majority of current bike frames are made of it. Someone is buying them, and I'd assume that they consider them to be good bikes.