A good book

Rich8P

Jul 21, 2006
Hi,

Anyone recomend a good book/DVD/FAQ with techniques for mountainbiking?

I'm starting to ride more and more difficult single trails and would like to improve control and technique especially over obstacles.

Cheers

Rich

It's mostly focussed on DH and 4X racing, but I've got one from 4130 Publishing called Mountain Bike Fundamentals. I've found it to be quite useful as I have more trouble with the techy downhll bits on my local circuit. It has a good section on suspension setup too. Put some fresh batteries in your remote as you'll be using the slo-mo a lot. The MC runs dirtmag.co.uk. Has a selection of elite level Aussie, Saffer, Pom and Yank riders demonstrating the various moves and techniques.

Zinn's Cycling Primer (book) also has some useful tips and tricks, including a good section on technical climbing that balances out the obvious gap in the above DVD.

Rich8P said:
Hi,

Anyone recomend a good book/DVD/FAQ with techniques for mountainbiking?

I'm starting to ride more and more difficult single trails and would like to improve control and technique especially over obstacles.

Cheers

Rich
Mountain Bike Like a Champion, Ned Overend!!

Mountain Bike Fundamentals is good, first book I ever used rather than just put on my self.

My faves:
Mastering the Art of Trials w/ Ryan Leech - Trials oriented but highly applicable to other MTB diciples.
Fundamentals Mountain Bike DVD - Downhill oriented but still pretty good.