A Good Book?

Liquid.Fire

Jun 19, 2004
Hey,
Im going on holiday soon, and i really want to learn more about the techinal side of bikes. Are there any good books that starts at the basics and works all the way up?

Originally posted by Liquid.Fire
Hey,
Im going on holiday soon, and i really want to learn more about the techinal side of bikes. Are there any good books that starts at the basics and works all the way up?
There is this book called 'Mountain Biking: Over the Edge' or something. I don't remember who is the author though.(you can try find it with Google.)

By technical I assume you mean riding, but the Zinn guide to maintenance is a must for repair and understand of your bikes 1,000 parts!

I also diddo on Ned...love the video too!

Bicycling Magazine's "Basic Maintenance and Repair (edited by Ed Pavelka) or The Haynes (10100) Bicycle Book (the Revised & Updated Second Edition).
Dan

RIDE OF MY LIFE by Matt Hoffman is a must for any rider. beg borrow or steal (not from a store) this book.

i luv dirt said:
RIDE OF MY LIFE by Matt Hoffman is a must for any rider. beg borrow or steal (not from a store) this book.

Over the weekend i bought this exellent book on mountain biking by Nicky Crowther (Bulfinch) "Classic Mountain Bike Rides".It's not a technical book but it's very exiting to read about people that ride their MTB around the world !,check it out,i only wish they had some rides in the Eastern Europe (prefferably Romania with it's Carpathian Mountains :cool: ....or the lowlands by the Danube river :) ...i'm dreaming.....
Dan :p