A good cyclist, but a bad runner?

Edgar

May 5, 2003
Hi People,
I have been wondering if any of you have this.
I have always done all my execises on the bike, and am very trained. My pulse is in the 40's, my doctor says that I have right and left ventricular hypertrophy-athlete's heart-.
The strange problem is that I never, ever tire easily on the bike, but if I go play a game of soccer w/friends, and begin running not even at a high pace, I begin to breathe extremely hard and sometimes so hard that I feel like if I am holding my breath for minutes and then have to sit down. My friends ask me what is the problem.-don't ever see them dying like me-. But on the bike It is a different story.

Originally posted by Edgar
Hi People,
I have been wondering if any of you have this.
I have always done all my execises on the bike, and am very trained. My pulse is in the 40's, my doctor says that I have right and left ventricular hypertrophy-athlete's heart-.
The strange problem is that I never, ever tire easily on the bike, but if I go play a game of soccer w/friends, and begin running not even at a high pace, I begin to breathe extremely hard and sometimes so hard that I feel like if I am holding my breath for minutes and then have to sit down. My friends ask me what is the problem.-don't ever see them dying like me-. But on the bike It is a different story.

You need to use a training plan that focuses on cardiovascular fitness this should help make it easier for u to run.