General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

A good excuse to drink coffee

Started by Meow · · Last activity · 2 posts · 480 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 January 2004
Last activity
12 January 2004
Original author
Meow
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
480
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. It might reduce the risk for developing Diabetes

    theglobeandmail.comFront

    Tea is apparently good for you too

    teahealth.co.uk10.htm

    I don't know how replacing the milk they mention with soy milk changes the nutritional intake, which
    they've listed. Well, in any case, I don't take milk, or substitutes in my tea, but I thought that
    the articles was interesting non the less.
    --
    Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18 ICQ# 251532856 Unreferenced footnotes: nut.house.cxcgi
    bin/nemwiki.pl?ISFN "Why do families have to be so easy to love and so hard to like?" Daphne
    Moon (Frasier)

  2. MEow said:

    It might reduce the risk for developing Diabetes

    theglobeandmail.comFront

    Tea is apparently good for you too

    teahealth.co.uk10.htm

    I don't know how replacing the milk they mention with soy milk changes the nutritional intake,
    which they've listed. Well, in any case, I don't take milk, or substitutes in my tea, but I
    thought that the articles was interesting non the less.

    Forget it. This kind of publicity for single, isolated studies almost always turns out to be much
    ado about (next to) nothing. Quite some time ago, there was a study that hyped coffee negatively: it
    supposedly was linked to pancreatic cancer. Then, a subsequent found no link.

    The popular press, e.g. The Mop & Pail, just *love* this kind of story about something like coffee
    that is widely used.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.