General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

A Good Health Drink

Started by MilkyWhy · · Last activity · 1 post · 394 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
15 October 2004
Last activity
15 October 2004
Original author
MilkyWhy
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
394
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I like to put half a cup of dark greens (say: Kale or Broccoli crowns) in a
    blender and toss in a dozen cranberries. Add a cup of water. Blend and drink
    this "health shake". Takes GOOD and mainly cause of the cranberries.

    All my life, I shunned anything like: good fruits and dark green leafy
    vegetables. When I got to be an old man, I noticed all my (other, equally fat)
    buddies were dying of strokes and heart attacks. I decided...hmmm...I better
    start losing weight and actually eating all those vegetables that I used to
    make fun of and to scorn. The first time I stopped at the produce aisle and
    bought KALE...I had no idea what the [censored] was...or how to ingest it. I tried
    chewing the stuff.....BORING. Then I said, just pulverize this stuff and drink
    it with a slug of water. That worked...and quite painless. My weight fell off,
    my complexion looked better, my eyesight improved, my hair stopped turning
    gray. Odd...I thought. Now, I am tweaking this strategy to try and get
    something with an enjoyable taste. Cranberries DO make stuff better...but only
    when pulverized and blended in. When I try to eat cranberries directly, they
    are tough and tasteless.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.