a good helmet?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by unijesse, Mar 10, 2006.

  1. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

    Tags:

  2. john_childs

    john_childs Guest

    I like the Giro Semi helmet. It is a skate/BMX style helmet that is
    manufactured like a good bike helmet rather than the heavy and more
    bulky typical skate/BMX style. The Giro Semi is lighter and less bulky
    than regular skate/BMX helmets.

    Only problem is that Giro took it out of their catalog for this year.
    I did a search on 'Google Froogle' (http://tinyurl.com/zm3bz) and found
    a few places that appear to still have the helmet in stock. If you can
    find one that is the right size for you it's a good helmet for trials
    and street.

    Hopefully Giro is just updating the style and will have a similar
    helmet in their 2007 catalog. I don't want the Giro Semi to disappear.

    --
    john_childs

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
    'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
    'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

    You can see pics of it here: http://tinyurl.com/pohcq

    --
    terrybigwheel

    Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

    Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

    You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
    terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

  4. john_childs

    john_childs Guest

    Searching 'BestBikeBuys' (http://tinyurl.com/jcj5h) also finds a couple
    shops that appear to still have a few sizes in stock. Selection is
    getting limited.

    --
    john_childs

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
    'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
    'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

  5. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    don't mean to threadjack, but while you're all looking for helmets,
    does anyone know of any bike/skate helmet that kind of flares out at
    teh edges like a WWII american helmet?

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Matt.
    'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
    ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    *"Water. Duck's back. Yeah."* -- GILD
    Habbywall, that-a-way -------------->':cool:'
    (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
    ----------->X
    *"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks."* lildude2 *PANIC
    BUTTON-->':eek: ' (http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  6. john_childs

    john_childs Guest

    UniPsychoLiam wrote:
    > Is the visor removable??

    There are two flavours of the Semi. The Semi MX has the visor and the
    regular Semi does not. I don't know if the visor is removable on the
    MX version.

    --
    john_childs

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
    'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
    'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

  7. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

  8. markf

    markf Guest

  9. ColDawG

    ColDawG Guest

    it's removable on the mx version (But will leave holes wehre it went
    i have it and am VERY happy w/ it for biking and uniing
    much cooler than a normal skate helmet but more protective than a bike
    helmet
    if you can get your hands on one, go for it!

    and abbabibble, the only helmet i can think of that flares out is the
    giro bad lieutenant snow helmet, maybe you can remove teh ear flaps to
    make it a uni helmet?

    --
    ColDawG

    Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman

    http://www.wheelaway.com/
    ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

  10. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

    markf wrote:
    > the 661 helmets are supposedly nice. i like my pryme 8 helmet. cheap and
    > fits pretty well.

    well ive tryed on a pryme 8 and i have a misshaped head so it didnt fit
    good, also its like 3 inches thick, and isnt the 661 really thick too
    cause its 1 size fits all so if you have a small head(wich i dont) it
    will be thick

    --
    unijesse

    I Brake for Unicyclist's
    http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com

    www.unicycletips.comformerly www.unicycle.2ya.com
    unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

  11. fastlane62

    fastlane62 Guest

  12. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    can you wear that backwards with the brim in back, i mean?

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Matt.
    'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
    ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    *"Water. Duck's back. Yeah."* -- GILD
    Habbywall, that-a-way -------------->':cool:'
    (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
    ----------->X
    *"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks."* lildude2 *PANIC
    BUTTON-->':eek: ' (http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  13. Mace trigger is a really nice skid-lid, and you can get it with speakers
    mounted above your ears so you can listen while you ride. Mace also has
    a coupla other nice helmets.

    'www.macegear.com' (http://www.macegear.com)

    --
    madmattunipro

    Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving in a
    pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly declaring, "WOW what a ride!"
    madmattunipro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10763