a good helmet?

I like the Giro Semi helmet. It is a skate/BMX style helmet that is
manufactured like a good bike helmet rather than the heavy and more
bulky typical skate/BMX style. The Giro Semi is lighter and less bulky
than regular skate/BMX helmets.

Only problem is that Giro took it out of their catalog for this year.
I did a search on 'Google Froogle' (http://tinyurl.com/zm3bz) and found
a few places that appear to still have the helmet in stock. If you can
find one that is the right size for you it's a good helmet for trials
and street.

Hopefully Giro is just updating the style and will have a similar
helmet in their 2007 catalog. I don't want the Giro Semi to disappear.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

You can see pics of it here: http://tinyurl.com/pohcq

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Searching 'BestBikeBuys' (http://tinyurl.com/jcj5h) also finds a couple
shops that appear to still have a few sizes in stock. Selection is
getting limited.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

don't mean to threadjack, but while you're all looking for helmets,
does anyone know of any bike/skate helmet that kind of flares out at
teh edges like a WWII american helmet?

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.
'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
*"Water. Duck's back. Yeah."* -- GILD
Habbywall, that-a-way -------------->':cool:'
(http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
----------->X
*"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks."* lildude2 *PANIC
BUTTON-->':eek: ' (http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

UniPsychoLiam wrote:
> Is the visor removable??

There are two flavours of the Semi. The Semi MX has the visor and the
regular Semi does not. I don't know if the visor is removable on the
MX version.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

it's removable on the mx version (But will leave holes wehre it went
i have it and am VERY happy w/ it for biking and uniing
much cooler than a normal skate helmet but more protective than a bike
helmet
if you can get your hands on one, go for it!

and abbabibble, the only helmet i can think of that flares out is the
giro bad lieutenant snow helmet, maybe you can remove teh ear flaps to
make it a uni helmet?

--
ColDawG

Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman

http://www.wheelaway.com/
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

markf wrote:
> the 661 helmets are supposedly nice. i like my pryme 8 helmet. cheap and
> fits pretty well.

well ive tryed on a pryme 8 and i have a misshaped head so it didnt fit
good, also its like 3 inches thick, and isnt the 661 really thick too
cause its 1 size fits all so if you have a small head(wich i dont) it
will be thick

--
unijesse

I Brake for Unicyclist's
http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com

www.unicycletips.comformerly www.unicycle.2ya.com
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

can you wear that backwards with the brim in back, i mean?

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.
'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
*"Water. Duck's back. Yeah."* -- GILD
Habbywall, that-a-way -------------->':cool:'
(http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
----------->X
*"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks."* lildude2 *PANIC
BUTTON-->':eek: ' (http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

Mace trigger is a really nice skid-lid, and you can get it with speakers
mounted above your ears so you can listen while you ride. Mace also has
a coupla other nice helmets.

'www.macegear.com' (http://www.macegear.com)

--
madmattunipro

Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving in a
pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
used up, totally worn out, and loudly declaring, "WOW what a ride!"
madmattunipro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10763