A good platform/clip pedal in one??

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Combfilter, Feb 21, 2003.

  1. Combfilter

    Combfilter Guest

    I ride mostly urban, but sometimes I go ride XC with my yuppie friends.. I would like to have a clip
    for those XC rides.. HOwever, I would also like to have a good platform for city rides. Does anyone
    know a good STRONG platform/clip pedal in one??

    I like my kona jack shit plats.. So something like those would be great, but with clips too.

    Also I need them to be lightweight ..

    TIA

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Combfilter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I ride mostly urban, but sometimes I go ride XC with my yuppie friends.. I
    would like to have a clip for
    > those XC rides.. HOwever, I would also like to have a good platform for
    city rides. Does anyone know a
    > good STRONG platform/clip pedal in one??
    >
    > I like my kona jack shit plats.. So something like those would be great,
    but with clips too.

    > Also I need them to be lightweight ..

    http://bike.shimano.com/Footwear_Pedals/pedals/index.asp

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  3. http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.asp?number=27050

    "Combfilter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I ride mostly urban, but sometimes I go ride XC with my yuppie friends.. I
    would like to have a clip for
    > those XC rides.. HOwever, I would also like to have a good platform for
    city rides. Does anyone know a
    > good STRONG platform/clip pedal in one??
    >
    > I like my kona jack shit plats.. So something like those would be great,
    but with clips too.

    > Also I need them to be lightweight ..
    >
    > TIA

  4. Cant help you with the clipless pedals because I dont use them but as for platform's I've got the
    Azonic Fusion Magnesium pedals: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.asp?number=27096

    They're cheap (yay!), magnesium (so light and very tough) and I've had my pair for about a year -
    apart from re-greasing once in a while - they're really fcking durable. I give em 10/10. I honestly
    cant see one thing wrong with them.

    Small Black Dog

  5. Racerx3165

    Racerx3165 Guest

    Are those clips also? "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Cant help you with the clipless pedals because I dont use them but as for platform's I've got the
    > Azonic Fusion Magnesium pedals: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.asp?number=27096
    >
    > They're cheap (yay!), magnesium (so light and very tough) and I've had my pair for about a year -
    > apart from re-greasing once in a while - they're really fcking durable. I give em 10/10. I
    > honestly cant see one thing
    wrong
    > with them.
    >
    > Small Black Dog

  6. > Are those clips also?

    nope, just platform.

    Small Black Dog

  7. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    "Combfilter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I ride mostly urban, but sometimes I go ride XC with my yuppie friends.. I
    would like to have a clip for
    > those XC rides.. HOwever, I would also like to have a good platform for
    city rides. Does anyone know a
    > good STRONG platform/clip pedal in one??
    >
    > I like my kona jack shit plats.. So something like those would be great,
    but with clips too.

    > Also I need them to be lightweight ..
    >
    > TIA

    Time just came out with a platform/clip pedal called Atac Z, but I haven't seen one yet so I don't
    know if they're any good.

    Chris