A good Spinning Bike

newbie-cycler

Oct 5, 2011
I am hoping to keep my winter cycling up with some winter at home spinning. I have found what I think is a decent bike but I am unsure as i have little knowledge in this area. The bike is at the link below

http://www.proactivefitness.co.uk/product.php?productid=16310

If this is no good my budget is probably £250 maximum could someone suggest what I should be looking for in a spinning bike so I can get the most out of my purchase. Or at least point me in the direction of some good resources to help me make a decent selection.

Thank You

Originally Posted by newbie-cycler .

I am hoping to keep my winter cycling up with some winter at home spinning. I have found what I think is a decent bike but I am unsure as i have little knowledge in this area. The bike is at the link below

http://www.proactivefitness.co.uk/product.php?productid=16310

If this is no good my budget is probably £250 maximum could someone suggest what I should be looking for in a spinning bike so I can get the most out of my purchase. Or at least point me in the direction of some good resources to help me make a decent selection.

Thank You

I don't know a lot about those type of spinners you're looking at, but I don't see the difference between those and buying a trainer to attach your bicycle to. The best trainers for the money is Kurt Kinetic Road Machine; CycleOps Fluid 2, or the Magneto if you want a slightly less expensive trainer, or the Mag trainer if want to save even more; or the 1UP USA trainer.

You don't want to go too cheap because the amount of training watts capablity drops off, even if your a rookie rider eventually you could or will out grow a cheap trainer. You can spin with the ones I listed just as well as the Spinner you showed, but the Spinner you showed your paying for seat, frame, computer etc that your not with one of the trainers. You can use your bike computer if you get a sending unit with a longer wire to read off the rear instead of the front wheel. Or do as I do and ride by the clock.

Originally Posted by bwinters .

Here's a bike called the Spinner Sport that's right around that price range after exchange rate. Hope this helps.
Spinner Spot is really awesome, My friend is riding it from last 1 year and he had such a great experience till now.

One aspect I have learned to appreciate having worked in the gym industry after working on race bikes for years is the new generation of belt driven spin bikes. They run cleaner and far quieter. A good example being the Lemond Revmaster Pro. Hard to beat for longevity and feel and it has expansion readily available for a computer. It is not as electronic as the internet tied in units but the point of a spin bike is generally to be simple. My second choice would be the Star Trac NXT series, particularly the Elite variant which has an adjustable freewheel if you choose to set it to spin. My shop sells them reconditioned to factory specs for significantly less than MSRP(sometimes less than half). We ship, though cost is always unique to the individual location.

www.afsfit.com