A great decade

MattB

Guest
Last week MrsB and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. It's been a great
time sharing my life with this wonderful girl, and I wanted to get her
something special to express my feelings.
About a couple of weeks before the date, she emailed me some links to
some pretty cool-looking rings I could choose from if I was at a loss
for gift ideas. We sometimes have trouble buying gifts for each other
because we often just buy items ourselves if we need them, leaving few
needed items left over for gift giving. I often need these little hints,
but not this time. I had coincidentally just returned from the LBS to
pull the trigger on the gift I wanted to get for her, an On One Inbred
singlespeed. She had already test ridden this very bike and liked it. As
our lives get busier and more complicated we often have shorter time
slots to get rides in. I've found the SS to be a great way to still feel
like I got a decent ride in even if I only have an hour or two. I
thought she would like one for similar reasons (and more once she got
riding it).
I had the shop swap out the cranks for shorter ones, which required a
new BB. We also put on some ODI lock ons and a little bigger rear ring
which required a new freewheel (the On One spec'd one wasn't going to
cut it). I also added some new Time ATAC XEs to fit her existing pedals
and cleats.
Then I played along with the ring suggestions and she completely fell
for it. She was even in the LBS telling people that I was getting her a
cool ring. They smiled and said "Really? That's great!".
To complete the illusion, I went to the local jewelry shop and got a
fancy little velvet ring box. Then I went to the toy store and bought a
$2 mood ring, put it in the box with a note rolled up in the ring that
says "Ha ha! Go look in the garage.". The night before I went over to my
friend and LBS owner Rick's house to pick up the bike and slipped it
into our bike garage. I put a ribbon on the handlebar.
Then morning comes and we get ready to exchange gifts. She's holding the
wrapped gift box saying things like "Ooh, I wonder what it is!". Her
expression when she saw the mood ring was priceless. She reads the note
and says "WHAT did you get?!?!?" as she headed for the garage. I follow,
asking "Hey, what does your mood ring say?".
She's blown away by the bike. Immediately she wants to ride it. I
chuckle to myself as she's taking it around the block. I think this may
be the first time I have truly surprised her (in a good way) with a
gift. She's hard to surprise, and is really into being the surpriser
rather than the surprisee.
We went for a little ride later in the day but soon got chased back home
by a huge thunderstorm with lots of lightning. She's since been out on
one SS ride and commented on how her legs were tired afterwards and how
good the bike felt. I think this will be the thing to take her to the
next level of strength. If nothing else, it makes her happy and that
make me happy. Yay!

Matt (now how will I top this for the 20th...)

MattB wrote:
> Last week MrsB and I celebrated our 10th anniversary.<snip>

Congratulations to you and yours, my friend.

JD

MattB wrote:

> Last week MrsB and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. It's been a great
> time sharing my life with this wonderful girl, and I wanted to get her
> something special to express my feelings.
>
> I had coincidentally just returned from the LBS to
> pull the trigger on the gift I wanted to get for her, an On One Inbred
> singlespeed.
>
> Matt (now how will I top this for the 20th...)

You're a sick husband! A real hubby would've given her something with
at least 8" in the front and in the rear for her pleasure.

Regardless, happy 10th!!!
--
Slack

Slack wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>

> You're a sick husband! A real hubby would've given her something with
> at least 8" in the front and in the rear for her pleasure.

You had to throw the Sorni fodder in there, didn't you.

*******.

E.P.

SLACK wrote:

>> You're a sick husband! A real hubby would've given her something
>> with at least 8" in the front and in the rear for her pleasure.

ANONYMOUS WHOEVER replied:

> You had to throw the Sorni fodder in there, didn't you.

I may have a filthy mind, but I'm hardly ever crude.

Bill "you can look it up" S.

Slack wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
>> Last week MrsB and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. It's been a
>> great time sharing my life with this wonderful girl, and I wanted to
>> get her something special to express my feelings.

>> I had coincidentally just returned from the LBS to pull the trigger on
>> the gift I wanted to get for her, an On One Inbred singlespeed.
>> Matt (now how will I top this for the 20th...)

> You're a sick husband! A real hubby would've given her something with
> at least 8" in the front and in the rear for her pleasure.

4" is all anyone needs, if they know how to use it. Or so "they" say.

> Regardless, happy 10th!!!

Indeed! A nice anniversary story.

Conservative dictionary:
Judicial Activist: n. A judge who tends to rule against your wishes.

Slack wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
>> Last week MrsB and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. It's been a
>> great time sharing my life with this wonderful girl, and I wanted to
>> get her something special to express my feelings.

>> I had coincidentally just returned from the LBS to pull the trigger on
>> the gift I wanted to get for her, an On One Inbred singlespeed.
>> Matt (now how will I top this for the 20th...)

> You're a sick husband! A real hubby would've given her something with
> at least 8" in the front and in the rear for her pleasure.

That may be true. But what can I say, she likes it rigid. :)

> Regardless, happy 10th!!!

Thanks!

Matt

Bill Sornson wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Slack wrote:
> >> MattB wrote (why is this here?):

> SLACK wrote:
>
> >> You're a sick husband! A real hubby would've given her something
> >> with at least 8" in the front and in the rear for her pleasure.

> ANONYMOUS WHOEVER replied:

Wow. No one is more militant than the reformed, eh, "Sorni?"

> > You had to throw the Sorni fodder in there, didn't you.

> I may have a filthy mind, but I'm hardly ever crude.
>
> Bill "you can look it up" S.

Funny how I knew this one would be right up your alley, huh?

Extended Penis.

Or

Exuberant Pride.

Or

Edward Pirrero

Or

Eunice Pavenda

Or

Ernest Prosser.

One of those - pick the one that seems best.

E.P.

[email protected] wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:

>> ANONYMOUS WHOEVER replied:

> Wow. No one is more militant than the reformed, eh, "Sorni?"

Been called that since 4th grade; should've kept it, too.

>>> You had to throw the Sorni fodder in there, didn't you.

>> I may have a filthy mind, but I'm hardly ever crude.
>>
>> Bill "you can look it up" S.

> Funny how I knew this one would be right up your alley, huh?
>
> Extended Penis.
>
> Or
>
> Exuberant Pride.
>
> Or
>
> Edward Pirrero
>
> Or
>
> Eunice Pavenda
>
> Or
>
> Ernest Prosser.
>
> One of those - pick the one that seems best.
>
> E.P.

app?

Bill Sornson wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Bill Sornson wrote:

> >> ANONYMOUS WHOEVER replied:

> > Wow. No one is more militant than the reformed, eh, "Sorni?"

> Been called that since 4th grade; should've kept it, too.

Maybe. It works, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with using some
screen name on the internet. I realize that the r.b.t. folks don't
like it, but that's their kink. Actually, it's mainly Jobst's kink.

:roll eyes:

> app?

OK, I'm totally clueless as to what this signifies. Usually, I figure
stuff out pretty quickly, but this one got me.

Don't worry about the dorks over at r.b.t., especially Jobst. He has
his axes to grind, and there's plenty more than just the couple he
shows. If you wanna use Sorni, then either they live with it, or they
killfile you. Tango Sierra, over?

E.P.

Raptor wrote:
> Slack wrote:
>

>> You're a sick husband! A real hubby would've given her something with
>> at least 8" in the front and in the rear for her pleasure.

> 4" is all anyone needs, if they know how to use it. Or so "they" say.

I don't know you, or your GF/wife. But I can tell you, whoever she is,
she's cheating on you. Dump her now.... you can thank me later.

--
Dr. Slack

> [...]
> asking "Hey, what does your mood ring say?".
> She's blown away by the bike. Immediately she wants to ride it. I chuckle
> to myself as she's taking it around the block. I think this may be the
> first time I have truly surprised her (in a good way) with a gift. She's
> hard to surprise, and is really into being the surpriser rather than the
> surprisee.
> We went for a little ride later in the day but soon got chased back home
> by a huge thunderstorm with lots of lightning. She's since been out on one
> SS ride and commented on how her legs were tired afterwards and how good
> the bike felt. I think this will be the thing to take her to the next
> level of strength. If nothing else, it makes her happy and that make me
> happy. Yay!
>
> Matt (now how will I top this for the 20th...)

dude...simply awesome to share your passion with the better half...trying to
establish that bond with mine and I can only hope it turns out as good as
yours...

In fact I'm even considering trading in my AC2 to get her the bike she
wants...

"MTBlood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [...]
>> hard to surprise, and is really into being the surpriser rather than the
>> surprisee.
>> We went for a little ride later in the day but soon got chased back home
>> by a huge thunderstorm with lots of lightning. She's since been out on
>> one SS ride and commented on how her legs were tired afterwards and how
>> good the bike felt. I think this will be the thing to take her to the
>> next level of strength. If nothing else, it makes her happy and that make
>> me happy. Yay!
>>
>> Matt (now how will I top this for the 20th...)

> dude...simply awesome to share your passion with the better half...trying
> to establish that bond with mine and I can only hope it turns out as good
> as yours...
>
> In fact I'm even considering trading in my AC2 to get her the bike she

great story hansel ! (no really thats great!)

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Last week MrsB and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. It's been a great
> time sharing my life with this wonderful girl, and I wanted to get her
> something special to express my feelings.

<snip beautiful story>

That's great Matt!! Jim and I will be going on 4 years this November...

I guess her gift was love at first site, good choice in a present. Jim and I
always buy bike related things for each other's presents, so I know how she
feels. Now get that SS on the dirt soon!

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G wrote:
> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Last week MrsB and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. It's been a great
>>time sharing my life with this wonderful girl, and I wanted to get her
>>something special to express my feelings.

> <snip beautiful story>
>
> That's great Matt!! Jim and I will be going on 4 years this November...
>
> I guess her gift was love at first site, good choice in a present. Jim and I
> always buy bike related things for each other's presents, so I know how she
> feels. Now get that SS on the dirt soon!

Well honestly, it was lust at first sight (on my part anyway) but the
love came along soon enough.

It's been on dirt a couple of times now. She's kickin' some ass and
cleaning stuff I walked when I first got my SS!

<http://mattb.net/images/galleries/2005-08-14%20(Misc%20family)/DSC01736.JPG>

Matt

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Last week MrsB and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. It's been a great
> time sharing my life with this wonderful girl, and I wanted to get her
> something special to express my feelings.

CONGRATULAMATION MATT YOU FECKER! ',;~}~

I only have another 8 to go to catch up mate!

> She's blown away by the bike. Immediately she wants to ride it. I
> chuckle to myself as she's taking it around the block. I think this may
> be the first time I have truly surprised her (in a good way) with a
> gift. She's hard to surprise, and is really into being the surpriser
> rather than the surprisee.

Smoooooth! Heheheh...

Shaun aRe