A Great Group - Thank You !

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Joshuall, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. Joshuall

    Joshuall Guest

    One of the few groups on the internet where people seem to be the most
    civil. Appreciate the fact that I've asked several questions about cooking
    and recipies and always have had good advice and have been responded to
    kindly. So thanks to you all and have a happy new year dammit ! <grin>

    --
    God Bless America

    Josh The Bad Bear

    Tags:

  2. On Wed 28 Dec 2005 11:18:19a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Joshuall?

    > One of the few groups on the internet where people seem to be the most
    > civil. Appreciate the fact that I've asked several questions about cooking
    > and recipies and always have had good advice and have been responded to
    > kindly. So thanks to you all and have a happy new year dammit ! <grin>

    And to you, too, Josh!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  3. S'mee

    S'mee Guest

    One time on Usenet, "Joshuall" <[email protected]> said:

    > One of the few groups on the internet where people seem to be the most
    > civil. Appreciate the fact that I've asked several questions about cooking
    > and recipies and always have had good advice and have been responded to
    > kindly. So thanks to you all and have a happy new year dammit ! <grin>

    Awright, who was nice to this guy? C'mon, fess up -- RFC has a
    reputation to uphold ya know... ;-)

    --
    Jani in WA (S'mee)
    ~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

  4. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

  5. > > "Joshuall" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >> One of the few groups on the internet where people seem to be the most
    > >> civil.

    Show me that 'civil' reply, I don't believe it!

  6. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "itsjoannotjoann" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Show me that 'civil' reply, I don't believe it!

    I'm skeptical. Maybe this is a troll?

    nancy (smile ... just kidding ya, Joshuall)

  7. In article <[email protected]>,

    > Show me that 'civil' reply, I don't believe it!

    I'm a member of several lists... ;-)

    And while I know it can get a bit "hot" here sometimes, this really is
    one of the more civil (and fun!) lists on Usenet! I love it here, and I
    love you all!

    <smooch>

    Happy New Year to my favorite Usenet list!

    And yes, there is Mistletoe hanging over my computer monitor. <lol>
    --
    Om.

  8. Nancy Young wrote:
    > "itsjoannotjoann" <[email protected]> wrote

    >> Show me that 'civil' reply, I don't believe it!

    > I'm skeptical. Maybe this is a troll?
    >
    > nancy (smile ... just kidding ya, Joshuall)

    it is a troll...It's posted everywhere.

  9. >One of the few groups on the internet where people seem to be the most
    civil.

    Are you sure you didn't mean to post this elsewhere?

    --Blair

  10. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Blair P. Houghton" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >One of the few groups on the internet where people seem to be the most

    > civil.
    >
    > Are you sure you didn't mean to post this elsewhere?
    >
    > --Blair

    Blair,

    I'll have to introduce you to some of the other lists I post on....

    Then you might actually agree with me. ;-)

    There is nothing here that I can't handle. Some people on SOME lists
    actually piss me off from time to time, and that takes a lot of effort.

    Hugs!
    --
    Om.

  11. Om wrote:

    > And yes, there is Mistletoe hanging over my computer monitor. <lol>

    You *should* hang it over your KEYBOARD. ;-)

    Bob

  12. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Bob Terwilliger" <[email protected]_spammer.biz> wrote:

    > Om wrote:
    >
    > > And yes, there is Mistletoe hanging over my computer monitor. <lol>

    > You *should* hang it over your KEYBOARD. ;-)
    >
    > Bob

    Ok! ;-D ;-*
    --
    Om.

  13. Heh. You don't know me very well. I've seen incivilities on the net
    that would literally scorch your nerve endings. Posted a few, too.

    But I suppose if you avoid Sheldon you'll think this is a pretty civil
    group.

    --Blair

  14. "Joshuall" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > --
    > God Bless America
    >
    > Josh The Bad Bear

    And God Bless the U.K., Canada, Switzerland, New Zealand, Australia, Italy,
    Denmark, France, Ireland, Mexico, Japan, Hong Kong, Finland, Germany,
    Honduras, Costa Rica, South Africa, Singapore, India, Thailand, Netherlands,
    Brazil, Poland, Slovenia, Greece, Norway, and all the other countries that
    are home to the many posters and readers of this newsgroup! <smile>

    Charlie

  15. Kathy in NZ

    Kathy in NZ Guest

    On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:18:19 -0600, "Joshuall" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >One of the few groups on the internet where people seem to be the most
    >civil. Appreciate the fact that I've asked several questions about cooking
    >and recipies and always have had good advice and have been responded to
    >kindly. So thanks to you all and have a happy new year dammit ! <grin>
    >
    >--
    >God Bless America
    >
    >Josh The Bad Bear

    I'm afraid, you just haven't been around long enough. There are plenty
    of flames on here, enough to cook your meat. But ignore them, hang in,
    and don't get involved. Glad you're enjoying the postings.

    Kathy in NZ

  16. King's Crown

    King's Crown Guest

    "Joshuall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > One of the few groups on the internet where people seem to be the most
    > civil. Appreciate the fact that I've asked several questions about cooking
    > and recipies and always have had good advice and have been responded to
    > kindly. So thanks to you all and have a happy new year dammit ! <grin>
    >
    > --
    > God Bless America
    >
    > Josh The Bad Bear

    You're just lucky I guess, but that luck will run out quickly in here. :)

    Lynne

  17. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >> Show me that 'civil' reply, I don't believe it!
    >>

    > I'm a member of several lists... ;-)
    >
    > And while I know it can get a bit "hot" here sometimes, this really is
    > one of the more civil (and fun!) lists on Usenet! I love it here, and
    > love you all!
    >
    > <smooch>
    >
    > Happy New Year to my favorite Usenet list!
    >
    > And yes, there is Mistletoe hanging over my computer monitor. <lol>

    Well I won't snog you under the miseltoe but I will give you a big
    hug:))

    Ophelia

  18. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]

    > >> Show me that 'civil' reply, I don't believe it!
    > >>

    > > I'm a member of several lists... ;-)
    > >
    > > And while I know it can get a bit "hot" here sometimes, this really is
    > > one of the more civil (and fun!) lists on Usenet! I love it here, and
    > > love you all!
    > >
    > > <smooch>
    > >
    > > Happy New Year to my favorite Usenet list!
    > >
    > > And yes, there is Mistletoe hanging over my computer monitor. <lol>

    > Well I won't snog you under the miseltoe but I will give you a big
    > hug:))
    >
    > Ophelia

    Hugs back and Happy New Year!!! :)
    --
    Om.

  19. Joshuall

    Joshuall Guest

    Awww Lynne . . . I an ole private detective and can fire back I spose, but
    so far people have been very nice to me. . . and if they aren't . . . I'm
    bettin $3.00 I can track em down <grin> Happy New Year to yall !

    --
    God Bless America

    Josh The Bad Bear