A great ride

HowardSteele

Mar 7, 2006

Yesterday i rode up to the mast, Well we refer to it as the Mast ride, which now is a cluster of satellite and radio receivers, perched on the top of the Tokai mountain looming to the side of our valley. The ride begins in the Tokai forests and is a spider web of jeep track criss crossed with hiking/horseback trails and some exiting mtb single track.

But you climb through all of that and head for the saddle at about half way up and 500m High and then inch up the tar road to the mast. Tar road otherwise the technicians would never be able to get to their equipment at the top. It’s just under 1000m/3333feet and the distance from my house and back is 29 kilometres. It was a stunning day, the mountain forms part of the Cape Peninsula and from the top you can see both the Atlantic and Indian oceans.
Below is a pic of my house down in the valley where we srart our ride.

HowardSteele said:
Yesterday i rode up to the mast, Well we refer to it as the Mast ride, which now is a cluster of satellite and radio receivers, perched on the top of the Tokai mountain looming to the side of our valley. The ride begins in the Tokai forests and is a spider web of jeep track criss crossed with hiking/horseback trails and some exiting mtb single track.

But you climb through all of that and head for the saddle at about half way up and 500m High and then inch up the tar road to the mast. Tar road otherwise the technicians would never be able to get to their equipment at the top. It’s just under 1000m/3333feet and the distance from my house and back is 29 kilometres. It was a stunning day, the mountain forms part of the Cape Peninsula and from the top you can see both the Atlantic and Indian oceans.
great view ,looks like a excellent place to ride,,what sort of speeds you doing goin back down:)

MTB_NUT said:
great view ,looks like a excellent place to ride,,what sort of speeds you doing goin back down:)
We get more than 60km/h on the gravel long 1km straight strech on the tar section it twists and turns the fastest i've done is about 75km/h.

HowardSteele said:
very nice...beautiful day in Collingwood as well (except for that bit of rain yesterday afternoon

here's a pic of my hill, and my wife catching up to me...my place is off to the distant right in the pic...about 25km from here