a joke to make you dumber...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by David L, Apr 3, 2003.

  1. David L

    David L Guest

    A joke, sorry if it has been here before, and I am also sorry if this makes anyone "..." that much
    more dumb. I am aware of how cheesy/corny is it.

    ___
    A man decided that he was going to ride a 10-speed bike from Phoenix to Flagstaff. He got as far as
    Black Canyon City before the mountains just became too much and he could go no farther.

    He stuck his thumb out, but after 3 hours hadn't gotten a single person to stop. Finally, a guy in a
    Corvette pulled over and offered him a ride. Of course, the bike wouldn't fit in the car. The owner
    of the Corvette found a piece of rope lying by the highway and tied it to his bumper. He tied the
    other end to the bike and told the man that if he was going too fast, to honk the horn on his bike
    and that he would slow down.

    Everything went fine for the first 30 miles. Suddenly, another Corvette blew past them. Not to be
    outdone, the Corvette pulling the bike took off after the other. A short distance down the road the
    Corvettes, both going well over 120 mph, blew through a speed trap.

    The police officer noted the speeds from his radar gun and radioed to the other officer that he had
    two Corvettes headed his way at over 120 mph. He then relayed, "...and you're not going to believe
    this, but there's guy on a 10-speed bike honking to pass."
    ___

    Reminds me of the speeding ticket I got last year (road bike), and the countless warnings.

    Dave

    Tags:

  2. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:12:21 -0000, David L wrote:
    > A joke, sorry if it has been here before, and I am also sorry if this makes anyone "..." that much
    > more dumb. I am aware of how cheesy/corny is it.

    Pretty funny. I e-mailed it off to one of my roadie buds.