A Kick In The Teeth

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    Moncoutie as quoted today in ProCyclong:

    Asked whether he saw his French compatriots' lack of success at the Tour as
    a result of their unwillingness to resort to the kind of desperate measures
    which landed Dario Frigo in a police cell yesterday, Moncoutié said that he
    didn't want to "court controversy".

    "As long as we don't have the proof, we can't make allegations. I would ask
    people to wait until the end of the Tour and then draw their own
    conclusions. There's no doubt, though, that what happened yesterday is a bit
    of a kick in the teeth for everyone," he commented

    Tags:

  2. On French TV, Moncoutie was celebrated also because he is known to be
    clean, cancelling the negative image of Frigo. And yet, Moncoutie is
    on Cofidis and spent many years with Gaumont and Millar, who both
    admitted
    to doping, with Gaumont going much further, stating in his
    recent book that his cycling career revolved around doping. Once again,
    seems there is a "don't ask don't tell" policy when it comes to doping.

    -ilan

  3. <[email protected]> a écrit :
    On French TV, Moncoutie was celebrated also because he is known to be
    clean, cancelling the negative image of Frigo. And yet, Moncoutie is
    on Cofidis and spent many years with Gaumont and Millar, who both
    admitted
    to doping, with Gaumont going much further, stating in his
    recent book that his cycling career revolved around doping. Once again,
    seems there is a "don't ask don't tell" policy when it comes to doping.

    -ilan

    "Known to be clean" ?? How does one merit that status?

  4. Keith

    Keith Guest

    ><[email protected]> a écrit :
    >On French TV, Moncoutie was celebrated also because he is known to be
    >clean, cancelling the negative image of Frigo. And yet, Moncoutie is
    >on Cofidis and spent many years with Gaumont and Millar, who both
    >admitted
    >"Known to be clean" ?? How does one merit that status?

    He's been so far as to refuse to take Vitamin C apparently !

  5. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > ><[email protected]> a écrit :
    > >On French TV, Moncoutie was celebrated also because he is known to be
    > >clean, cancelling the negative image of Frigo. And yet, Moncoutie is
    > >on Cofidis and spent many years with Gaumont and Millar, who both
    > >admitted
    > >"Known to be clean" ?? How does one merit that status?

    > He's been so far as to refuse to take Vitamin C apparently !

    Hell, if I had the wasps working for me I'd make a show out of turning
    down the rest of the critters.
    Bill C

  6. [email protected] a écrit :
    > On 14 Jul 2005 12:42:05 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > >with Gaumont going much further, stating in his
    > >recent book

    > Does every journeyman cyclist get to publish his own book in France ?

    Montheour, Virenque, Herve, Gaumont, does Voet count? I think all or
    most of them are titled "Prisonier du dopage."

    -ilan

  7. B. Lafferty wrote:

    > Moncoutie as quoted today in ProCyclong:
    >

    > Asked whether he saw his French compatriots' lack of success at the Tour as
    > a result of their unwillingness to resort to the kind of desperate measures
    > which landed Dario Frigo in a police cell yesterday, Moncoutié said that he
    > didn't want to "court controversy".
    >
    > "As long as we don't have the proof, we can't make allegations. I would ask
    > people to wait until the end of the Tour and then draw their own
    > conclusions. There's no doubt, though, that what happened yesterday is a bit
    > of a kick in the teeth for everyone," he commented

    Now cut that out!

    Steve

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
    http://www.dentaltwins.com

  8. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > [email protected] a écrit :
    > > On 14 Jul 2005 12:42:05 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
    > >
    > > >with Gaumont going much further, stating in his
    > > >recent book

    > > Does every journeyman cyclist get to publish his own book in France ?

    > Montheour, Virenque, Herve, Gaumont, does Voet count? I think all or
    > most of them are titled "Prisonier du dopage."
    >
    > -ilan

    Sharp and insightful as always.
    Bill C

  10. [email protected] wrote:
    > [email protected] a écrit :
    > > On 14 Jul 2005 12:42:05 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
    > >
    > > >with Gaumont going much further, stating in his
    > > >recent book

    > > Does every journeyman cyclist get to publish his own book in France ?

    > Montheour, Virenque, Herve, Gaumont, does Voet count? I think all or
    > most of them are titled "Prisonier du dopage."

    Wot, no Bassons?

    http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/2234053064

    I eagerly await Lafferty's posting of excerpts.