A Leg Cramp Treatment???

"Peanutjake" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Beav" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > Agreed, but Peanut's not posted any numbers and it's
> > easier to get information of this sort with a few
> > questions than it is with a few assumptions is all I'm
> > saying.
> >
> > Beav
> >

> Ok, here is my med list. I am very careful about taking
> all my meds every
day.

> digoxin 0.125mg 1 a day k-dur 20meq 1 a day warfarin 2.5mg
> 1 a day alternating with 2 tablets every other day nexium
> 40mg 1 a day spironolactone 25mg 1 a day nitro-dur patch
> 0.1mg/hr 1 a day demadex 20mg 1 a day tricor 160mg 1 a day
> plavix 75mg 1 a day pravachol 20mg 1 a day childrens
> aspirin 1 a day foltx 1 a day lopressor 25mg 2 times a day
> cozaar 25mg 2 times a day amaryl 4mg 2 a day prandin 4mg 3
> times a day nitroquick 0.4mg sublingual as needed lidoderm
> --Lidocaine patch 5% on leg as needed

Aspirin AND Warfarin?? I don't know as THAT'S such a good
idea. D'you take the aspirin as a blood thinner Peanut? If
so, I'm wondering why, given that you're taking Warfarin.

> I low carb and try to limit the carbs to 100 a day.

About what I do.

> My fasting readings vary from 88 to 140.

Seems reasonable and doesn't indicate someone who needs to
get in control.

> I seem to be very slow to recover from a high.

With all those meds, I'd have thought you spent most of your
time "high"
:))))

> For example two weeks ago, breaking my regular low carb
> diet, I ate a
large portion of a wonderful
> Birthday cake and regular ice cream at about 7pm.
>
> At 8 am next morning the reading was 256. Whoops! . So the
> rest of the day I ate zero carbs.

I think it's fair to say we all have the occasional
"whoops"days. I can't see it being responsible for your
cramps though.

> I tested every hour. It wasn't until 11 pm that the
> reading came down to
120. The next morning the
> reading was 88.
>
> As long as I limit carbs, my readings seem OK.

So it's not a control problem causing the cramps. have yo
spoken to your doc about them?

Beav

"Alan" <[email protected]> wrote
> PJ, that list would terrify me.
>
> Presumably they are all prescribed and necessary. You
> have my sympathy for whatever the conditions are that
> require them.
>
> I presume at least one of your doctors is fully aware of
> the entire list and has researched all possible
> interactions and side-effects?

Amaryl and Pranden are for the diabetes.

The others are to prevent another heart attack. The last one
was 4 years ago. Since I am still here, the meds seem to be
doing the job.

The Warfarin, aspirin and Plavix are to prevent blood
pooling and clotting and stroke. This is becoming a common
combination. I have a team of doctors. Everybody knows what
everybody else is prescribing. I also check any changes in
meds with the pharmacist.

I have tried a number of other medications and had lots of
side affects. I seem to tolerate this combination without
disabling side affects.

PJ

"Beav" <[email protected]> wrote

> So it's not a control problem causing the cramps. have yo
> spoken to your doc about them?
>
> Beav

Yes. He did a Sonogram of the legs but did not find
the problem.

PJ

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:45:12 -0500, "Peanutjake" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Alan" <[email protected]> wrote
>> PJ, that list would terrify me.
>>
>> Presumably they are all prescribed and necessary. You
>> have my sympathy for whatever the conditions are that
>> require them.
>>
>> I presume at least one of your doctors is fully aware of
>> the entire list and has researched all possible
>> interactions and side-effects?
>
>Amaryl and Pranden are for the diabetes.
>
>The others are to prevent another heart attack. The last
>one was 4 years ago. Since I am still here, the meds seem
>to be doing the job.
>
>The Warfarin, aspirin and Plavix are to prevent blood
>pooling and clotting and stroke. This is becoming a common
>combination. I have a team of doctors. Everybody knows what
>everybody else is prescribing. I also check any changes in
>meds with the pharmacist.
>
>I have tried a number of other medications and had lots of
>side affects. I seem to tolerate this combination without
>disabling side affects.
>
>PJ

As you said, you're still here, so I won't argue. But I'd be
reticent to add anything like QuinBisul for the cramps to
that list. Good luck, I know how painful cramp can be.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

"Peanutjake" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Beav" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > So it's not a control problem causing the cramps. have
> > yo spoken to your
doc
> > about them?
> >
> > Beav
>
> Yes. He did a Sonogram of the legs but did not find the
> problem.

Y'know that's one of the biggest issue's I've got with the
medico's. I've had various tests for various complaints and
it's almost a given that they'll find nothing wrong, so
nothing gets done and I get no relief.

A few years ago I "went over" on my ankle and ever since
it's been easy to bend it inwards but it won't bend outwards
or even sit straight. And it hurts like hell when it's
cold!! I thought I'd see what could be done so I did the
usual "off to the doc" **** and got sent for an X-ray.

X-rays came back from the hozzie and I was told "There's
nothing wrong with the X-rays". "Well jolly good" I said, "I
hope they live forever in your drawer, but what about my
******* ankle"? Nothing. Couldn't see owt, so they DID nowt.

I think I'll have a note printed for "that" day "I'M DEAD"
just in case they get THAT bit wrong:)

Beav

Salt substitute is available at your market - Potassium
Chloride. A sprinkle on the tongue generally eliminates leg
cramps with seconds.

--
_ Kevin D. Quitt 91387-4454 [email protected]
96.37% of all statistics are made up