A Lesson from Florida: It's Time for Regime Change!

Mike Vandeman

Guest
To the Editor:

The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some places where
humans should not live! We are arrogant enough to believe that the entire Earth
belongs to us, and that we have the right to go anywhere and do anything that we
wish. But so far we haven't been smart enough to learn how to live sustainably.

Humans can't live in Florida without massive aid from out of state. People in
the desert Southwest can't survive without sucking whole rivers dry. Most
Americans' lifestyles depend on a supply of fossil fuel from halfway around the
world. And the ultimate in unsustainable living is space travel!

George W. Bush's goal seems to be to prolong this profligate
living-beyond-our-means as long as possible -- at least long enough for he and
his rich friends to profit from it, and leave the nation holding the bag: the
largest debt in our nation's history! For promoting nuclear weapons and the
destruction of our environment, he represents the greatest living threat to life
on Earth. We need to get rid of this usurper before he does any more damage!
Please vote for John Kerry!

For more information, see http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

news:p[email protected]...
> To the Editor:
>
> The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some places

where
> humans should not live! We are arrogant enough to believe that the entire

Earth
> belongs to us, and that we have the right to go anywhere and do anything

that we
> wish. But so far we haven't been smart enough to learn how to live

sustainably.

And people can't the crushing cold in the NorthEast without massive
investments in heating (which takes FUEL!!!)
And the Midwest has tornados! Dozens every year.
Floods along major river valleys, volcanoes in the NorthWest, wildfires and
mudslides in the Far West. Humans are not meant to live anywhere it seems!

Please, Dr. Vandeman. Lead the way. Show us the way off this mortal coil.
The effects of humans are too much for this planet to bear. Your faithful
minions will follow eagerly.

> Please vote for John Kerry!

That does it for me. If the esteemed Dr. Vandeman is voting for Kerry. then
my vote will go to ABK, too !

Pete

<large amount of snipage>

And I'm sure you'd like to tell us where we can and cannot live. Fascist.

--
__ __ _ ___ ___
/ _|/ _/ |_ _|_ _|

[email protected]

Scott Burley wrote:

><large amount of snipage>
>
>And I'm sure you'd like to tell us where we can and cannot live. Fascist.

It would seem, after infinite iterations of his tunnel vision blather,
that Mikey & Mother Nature do not live in the same universe.

Pete H

--
Either everyone has rights or some have privileges.
It's really that simple.

news:p[email protected]...
> To the Editor:
>
> The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some places

where
> humans should not live! We are arrogant enough to believe that the entire

Earth
> belongs to us, and that we have the right to go anywhere and do anything

that we
> wish. But so far we haven't been smart enough to learn how to live

sustainably.

> Humans can't live in Florida without massive aid from out of state.

<snip>

Mike-
I have gotten the idea from your writings that you live somewhere in the
San Francisco Bay Area. Last time I checked, San Francisco is home to a
rather large number of fault lines and thus earthquakes. The most recent
major one I can recall off-hand was the 1989 "World Series" earthquake. The
response to that was massive aid to California from out-of-state. I assume
the next time a major earthquake flattens a portion of California that you
want the rest of us to stand idly by? What if that earthquake destroys your
house?

Kevin

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 04:20:54 +0000, Pete wrote:

> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...

>> Please vote for John Kerry!

> That does it for me. If the esteemed Dr. Vandeman is voting for Kerry.
> then my vote will go to ABK, too !

It always gives one pause (and not just in this example) when a whacko
adopts a position one might have otherwise come to ... reasonably.

Maybe good old Mike works for the logging companies, or something, and has
been using good old reverse psychology on us for years ... first on land
preservation, and now on presidential politics.

Mike Vandeman wrote:

> To the Editor:
>
> The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some places where
> humans should not live! We are arrogant enough to believe that the entire Earth
> belongs to us, and that we have the right to go anywhere and do anything that we
> wish. But so far we haven't been smart enough to learn how to live sustainably.
>
> Humans can't live in Florida without massive aid from out of state. People in
> the desert Southwest can't survive without sucking whole rivers dry. Most
> Americans' lifestyles depend on a supply of fossil fuel from halfway around the
> world. And the ultimate in unsustainable living is space travel!
>
> George W. Bush's goal seems to be to prolong this profligate
> living-beyond-our-means as long as possible -- at least long enough for he and
> his rich friends to profit from it, and leave the nation holding the bag: the
> largest debt in our nation's history! For promoting nuclear weapons and the
> destruction of our environment, he represents the greatest living threat to life
> on Earth. We need to get rid of this usurper before he does any more damage!
> Please vote for John Kerry!

You changed my mind. I'm voting and contributing money to Bush now.

In article <[email protected]>, Paul Cassel <[email protected]> wrote:
>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>
>> To the Editor:
>>
>> The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some places where
>> humans should not live! We are arrogant enough to believe that the entire Earth
>> belongs to us, and that we have the right to go anywhere and do anything that we
>> wish. But so far we haven't been smart enough to learn how to live sustainably.
>>
>> Humans can't live in Florida without massive aid from out of state. People in
>> the desert Southwest can't survive without sucking whole rivers dry. Most
>> Americans' lifestyles depend on a supply of fossil fuel from halfway around the
>> world. And the ultimate in unsustainable living is space travel!
>>
>> George W. Bush's goal seems to be to prolong this profligate
>> living-beyond-our-means as long as possible -- at least long enough for he and
>> his rich friends to profit from it, and leave the nation holding the bag: the
>> largest debt in our nation's history! For promoting nuclear weapons and the
>> destruction of our environment, he represents the greatest living threat to life
>> on Earth. We need to get rid of this usurper before he does any more damage!
>> Please vote for John Kerry!
>>

>You changed my mind. I'm voting and contributing money to Bush now.

Are you sure?

Evidently if Kerry is elected there'll be no more hurricanes.

That's the best reason I've heard yet to consider voting for him.

Claude

Worried Kerry is going to tap your trust fund there, Mikey?

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 11:49:59 GMT, "Kevin Furrow"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I have gotten the idea from your writings that you live somewhere in the
>San Francisco Bay Area. Last time I checked, San Francisco is home to a
>rather large number of fault lines and thus earthquakes. The most recent
>major one I can recall off-hand was the 1989 "World Series" earthquake. The
>response to that was massive aid to California from out-of-state. I assume
>the next time a major earthquake flattens a portion of California that you
>want the rest of us to stand idly by? What if that earthquake destroys your
>house?

Any house built to code in the last 20 or so years should be able to
survive practically any earthquake, provided it's not actually sitting
on a fault line. Any new buildings are required to be built to survive
earthquakes of high magnitude. California (the state government) is
spending and has spent vast amounts of money on retrofitting older
constructions, and making sure new constructions are earthquake safe.
Combine this with the fact that Californians pay a larger share of
federal taxes than any other state, and you get a much different
picture than Florida.

Not that I'm agreeing with the lunatic, or anything, just that
earthquakes are more easily defended against than hurricanes. :)

--
KW

news:p[email protected]...
> To the Editor:
>
> The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some places

where
> humans should not live! We are arrogant enough to believe that the entire

Earth
> belongs to us, and that we have the right to go anywhere and do anything

that we
> wish. But so far we haven't been smart enough to learn how to live

sustainably.

> Humans can't live in Florida without massive aid from out of state. People

in
> the desert Southwest can't survive without sucking whole rivers dry. Most
> Americans' lifestyles depend on a supply of fossil fuel from halfway

around the
> world. And the ultimate in unsustainable living is space travel!
>
> George W. Bush's goal seems to be to prolong this profligate
> living-beyond-our-means as long as possible -- at least long enough for he

and
> his rich friends to profit from it, and leave the nation holding the bag:

the
> largest debt in our nation's history! For promoting nuclear weapons and

the
> destruction of our environment, he represents the greatest living threat

to life
> on Earth. We need to get rid of this usurper before he does any more

damage!
> Please vote for John Kerry!
>
> For more information, see http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Where people want to live is not an issue of Presidential agenda, and people
are going to live where they want no matter who is occupying the Oval
Office. You are mixing apples and oranges here, and the sauce it creates is
not appealing to anybody.

You can make the statement that Bush is promoting nuclear weapons, et al,
but this has nothing at all to do with living in Florida or the desert
southwest, or anyplace else for that matter. The ONLY lessons from Florida
is that it gets windy sometimes, and they don't know how to vote.

"Paul Cassel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mike Vandeman wrote:
>
> > To the Editor:
> >
> > The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some

places where
> > humans should not live! We are arrogant enough to believe that the

entire Earth
> > belongs to us, and that we have the right to go anywhere and do anything

that we
> > wish. But so far we haven't been smart enough to learn how to live

sustainably.

> > Humans can't live in Florida without massive aid from out of state.

People in
> > the desert Southwest can't survive without sucking whole rivers dry.

Most
> > Americans' lifestyles depend on a supply of fossil fuel from halfway

around the
> > world. And the ultimate in unsustainable living is space travel!
> >
> > George W. Bush's goal seems to be to prolong this profligate
> > living-beyond-our-means as long as possible -- at least long enough for

he and
> > his rich friends to profit from it, and leave the nation holding the

bag: the
> > largest debt in our nation's history! For promoting nuclear weapons and

the
> > destruction of our environment, he represents the greatest living threat

to life
> > on Earth. We need to get rid of this usurper before he does any more

damage!
> > Please vote for John Kerry!
> >

> You changed my mind. I'm voting and contributing money to Bush now.

==================
LOL So, mickey is going to vote for the billionare, that can live way
beyond any of ours means.
Money he gets from a company that produces a product that has no real
'need', ketchup. Talk about wasting energy importing and exporting around
the world, billions of dollars worth of ketchup have to rank right up there.

* JD <[email protected]>:
> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> <snip rant>
>> Please vote for John Kerry!

> A glowing recommendation from a truly outstanding member of society. HA
>
> JD

Ok whered my first post go? heh Umm Mikey guess what? You just broke
your TOS, this is offtopic to every group you posted to and qualifies as
spam. Shall we race to [email protected] folks?

Jason

"Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> The ONLY lessons from Florida
> is that it gets windy sometimes, and they don't know how to vote.

You forgot the fact that there is no "mountain biking" there because
there are no mountains, nor even hills.

JD

JD wrote:

>"Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>

>>The ONLY lessons from Florida
>>is that it gets windy sometimes, and they don't know how to vote.
>>

>You forgot the fact that there is no "mountain biking" there because
>there are no mountains, nor even hills.

Oh, yes, there are. I saw some that were at least 12-15' high. And the
outruns were on the order of many hundreds of yards. Rather widely
spaced as well, I'll admit.

Pete H

--

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 19:16:35 -0400, PMH <[email protected]> wrote:

>JD wrote:
>
>>"Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>>

>>>The ONLY lessons from Florida
>>>is that it gets windy sometimes, and they don't know how to vote.
>>>

>>You forgot the fact that there is no "mountain biking" there because
>>there are no mountains, nor even hills.
>>

>Oh, yes, there are. I saw some that were at least 12-15' high. And the
>outruns were on the order of many hundreds of yards. Rather widely
>spaced as well, I'll admit.

15'? That sounds more like a speed bump than a hill. Certainly nothing
worth mountain biking down.

Rolling hills & mountain ranges, OTOH, are much more fun. :)
(I.E. California)

--
KW

--
Play Earth! Get Drunk! Join TIE!
http://games.swirve.com/earth http://e2hq.com/tie/

"No I'm saying that I'm a cow dung." - Stephen "The Stupid" Ung
"Eat a bag of hell." - Cyric The Mad
"I'm all for the girl on girl action, but it could put a strain on the marriage" - LTP

ICQ:65589349 MSN:[email protected] (BUT DON'T SEND E-MAIL!)
Zealot the Crazy Lui
Grand 16-Star General and overall director of AGSC operations for the Pronoun Army(and webmaster)
http://pronounarmy.homestead.com/
re-vamped sig xp Build 2004.5b

On 8 Sep 2004 10:10:50 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

..Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
..<snip rant>
..> Please vote for John Kerry!
..
..A glowing recommendation from a truly outstanding member of society. HA
..
..JD

So you're voting for Bush? Idiot.
===