A lesson from Pete (first aid)

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > "John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > Dishonest quoting. You went first ("hairy bum"); JD then asked how it
> feels
> > > to be as clueless as spankie (different from CALLING you as clueless
as
> > > spankie).
> > >
> > > Bill "pass the mashed potatoes" S.
> >
> > I do hope we are not going to get 'serious' about this. I think the name calling began a little
> > earlier but the 'singletrack' mind comment was an attempt to lighten it up, even flagged by a
> > smiley for the hard of thinking.
> >
> > There is a clear implication in JD's post, I took it lightly rather than personally, who knows
> > (bar the man himself) how it was intended. Its all gone a long way from the value and content of
> > first aid kits hasn't it?
> >
> > I carried a first aid kit on a ride for the first time in ages last weekend - it was a race, I
> > had to. So if a race organiser insists on 'first aid kits' being carried, as in most things to
> > do with racing people will try and carry as little as possible.This is where I came into the
> > thread really, what constitutes the minimum content for a first aid kit?
>
> A safety pin.
>
> Steve.

1/2 ltr 99% ethanol.

Shaun aRe

> "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> > feels
> as

> > > I do hope we are not going to get 'serious' about this. I think the name calling began a
> > > little earlier but the 'singletrack' mind comment was an attempt to lighten it up, even
> > > flagged by a smiley for the hard of thinking.
> > >
> > > There is a clear implication in JD's post, I took it lightly rather than personally, who knows
> > > (bar the man himself) how it was intended. Its all gone a long way from the value and content
> > > of first aid kits hasn't it?
> > >
> > > I carried a first aid kit on a ride for the first time in ages last weekend - it was a race, I
> > > had to. So if a race organiser insists on 'first aid kits' being carried, as in most things to
> > > do with racing people will try and carry as little as possible.This is where I came into the
> > > thread really, what constitutes the minimum content for a first aid kit?
> >
> > A safety pin.
> >
> > Steve.
>
> 1/2 ltr 99% ethanol.

I've never carried a first aid kit.

[email protected] (John Atkinson) had this to say
news:[email protected]

> "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> "John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > [email protected] (JD) referred to me as:
>> >
>> > yawn...
>>
>> > you really do have a 'singletrack' mind :)
>>
>> Dishonest quoting. You went first ("hairy bum"); JD then asked how it feels to be as clueless as
>> spankie (different from CALLING you as clueless as spankie).

splitting hairs again ain't ya Bill? (not very much difference is there?)

>> Bill "pass the mashed potatoes" S.
>
> I do hope we are not going to get 'serious' about this. I think the name calling began a little
> earlier but the 'singletrack' mind comment was an attempt to lighten it up, even flagged by a
> smiley for the hard of thinking.

That's what I got out of it.

> There is a clear implication in JD's post, I took it lightly rather than personally, who knows
> (bar the man himself) how it was intended.

Don't sugar coat it...you know how he meant it.

> Its all gone a long way from the value and content of first aid kits hasn't it?

It usually does when JD is involved. You're not surprized are you?

> I carried a first aid kit on a ride for the first time in ages last weekend - it was a race, I had
> to. So if a race organiser insists on 'first aid kits' being carried, as in most things to do with
> racing people will try and carry as little as possible.This is where I came into the thread
> really, what constitutes the minimum content for a first aid kit?

Thanks for trying to keep the thread on track, in spite of the Yeti's comments.