A lesson from Pete (first aid)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mtb Lover, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > "John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]oogle.com...

    > > > Dishonest quoting. You went first ("hairy bum"); JD then asked how it
    > feels
    > > > to be as clueless as spankie (different from CALLING you as clueless
    as
    > > > spankie).
    > > >
    > > > Bill "pass the mashed potatoes" S.
    > >
    > > I do hope we are not going to get 'serious' about this. I think the name calling began a little
    > > earlier but the 'singletrack' mind comment was an attempt to lighten it up, even flagged by a
    > > smiley for the hard of thinking.
    > >
    > > There is a clear implication in JD's post, I took it lightly rather than personally, who knows
    > > (bar the man himself) how it was intended. Its all gone a long way from the value and content of
    > > first aid kits hasn't it?
    > >
    > > I carried a first aid kit on a ride for the first time in ages last weekend - it was a race, I
    > > had to. So if a race organiser insists on 'first aid kits' being carried, as in most things to
    > > do with racing people will try and carry as little as possible.This is where I came into the
    > > thread really, what constitutes the minimum content for a first aid kit?
    >
    > A safety pin.
    >
    > Steve.

    1/2 ltr 99% ethanol.

    Shaun aRe

  2. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    > "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > feels
    > as

    > > > I do hope we are not going to get 'serious' about this. I think the name calling began a
    > > > little earlier but the 'singletrack' mind comment was an attempt to lighten it up, even
    > > > flagged by a smiley for the hard of thinking.
    > > >
    > > > There is a clear implication in JD's post, I took it lightly rather than personally, who knows
    > > > (bar the man himself) how it was intended. Its all gone a long way from the value and content
    > > > of first aid kits hasn't it?
    > > >
    > > > I carried a first aid kit on a ride for the first time in ages last weekend - it was a race, I
    > > > had to. So if a race organiser insists on 'first aid kits' being carried, as in most things to
    > > > do with racing people will try and carry as little as possible.This is where I came into the
    > > > thread really, what constitutes the minimum content for a first aid kit?
    > >
    > > A safety pin.
    > >
    > > Steve.
    >
    > 1/2 ltr 99% ethanol.

    I've never carried a first aid kit.

  3. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    [email protected] (John Atkinson) had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> "John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > [email protected] (JD) referred to me as:
    >> >
    >> > yawn...
    >>
    >> > you really do have a 'singletrack' mind :)
    >>
    >> Dishonest quoting. You went first ("hairy bum"); JD then asked how it feels to be as clueless as
    >> spankie (different from CALLING you as clueless as spankie).

    splitting hairs again ain't ya Bill? (not very much difference is there?)

    >> Bill "pass the mashed potatoes" S.
    >
    > I do hope we are not going to get 'serious' about this. I think the name calling began a little
    > earlier but the 'singletrack' mind comment was an attempt to lighten it up, even flagged by a
    > smiley for the hard of thinking.

    That's what I got out of it.

    > There is a clear implication in JD's post, I took it lightly rather than personally, who knows
    > (bar the man himself) how it was intended.

    Don't sugar coat it...you know how he meant it.

    > Its all gone a long way from the value and content of first aid kits hasn't it?

    It usually does when JD is involved. You're not surprized are you?

    > I carried a first aid kit on a ride for the first time in ages last weekend - it was a race, I had
    > to. So if a race organiser insists on 'first aid kits' being carried, as in most things to do with
    > racing people will try and carry as little as possible.This is where I came into the thread
    > really, what constitutes the minimum content for a first aid kit?

    Thanks for trying to keep the thread on track, in spite of the Yeti's comments.