A little justice

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robert Chambers, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. Today a buddy and I were wrapping up a 75 mile workout when an idiot in a huge pickup with dualies
    and a huge horse trailer decided to pass us on an uphill blind curve.

    Sure enough, there was an oncoming car. It dove for the ditch and the pickup driver dove to the
    right. They were just enough clear of me not to clip me, but it was a very close call.

    Here's the great part. The oncoming car was a state trooper. As I passed him, I yelled, "go get that
    @&^$!!" He did. It was a 30ish female who jumped out of her vehicle and seemed to be giving the
    trooper some attitude. When we rolled up, we asked if the trooper wanted our witness. He said he had
    all he needed on videotape.

    It didn't look like it was going to go too well for little miss road hog. The trooper seemed
    composed, but seeing red at the same time.

    Bob C.

    Tags:

  2. Gregr

    Gregr Guest

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 00:08:14 -0400, "Robert Chambers" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Here's the great part. The oncoming car was a state trooper. As I passed him, I yelled, "go get
    >that @&^$!!" He did. It was a 30ish female who jumped out of her vehicle and seemed to be giving
    >the trooper some attitude. When we rolled up, we asked if the trooper wanted our witness. He said
    >he had all he needed on videotape.
    >
    >It didn't look like it was going to go too well for little miss road hog. The trooper seemed
    >composed, but seeing red at the same time.
    >
    >Bob C.

    I love happy endings :)

  3. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    "Robert Chambers" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Here's the great part. The oncoming car was a state trooper. As I passed him, I yelled, "go get
    >that @&^$!!" He did. It was a 30ish female who jumped out of her vehicle and seemed to be giving
    >the trooper some attitude. When we rolled up, we asked if the trooper wanted our witness. He said
    >he had all he needed on videotape.
    >
    >It didn't look like it was going to go too well for little miss road hog. The trooper seemed
    >composed, but seeing red at the same time.

    I *LOVE* it when that happens...

  4. On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 00:08:14 +0000, Robert Chambers wrote:

    > Today a buddy and I were wrapping up a 75 mile workout when an idiot in a huge pickup with dualies
    > and a huge horse trailer decided to pass us on an uphill blind curve.

    This happens all the friggin' time.

    > Sure enough, there was an oncoming car.

    Fortunately, this hasn't happened to me, yet. Too many people get hurt this way.

    > Here's the great part. The oncoming car was a state trooper. As I passed him, I yelled, "go get
    > that @&^$!!" He did.

    Sweet.

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | What is objectionable, and what is dangerous about extremists is _`\(,_ | not that they are
    extreme, but that they are intolerant. (_)/ (_) | --Robert F. Kennedy