A little upgrade...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Carla A-G, Feb 24, 2003.

  1. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    The trials bike will be sporting a set of Magura HS22's, it was time to get rid of the
    useless v's...

    Brake away...

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    Tags:

  2. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    Carla A-G wrote:
    > The trials bike will be sporting a set of Magura HS22's, it was time to get rid of the
    > useless v's...
    >
    > Brake away...
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    I have the HS11's on the back of mine. Magura Julie disk on the front. Good stuff.

    I am LOVING trials! I suck so bad but I'm improving every time I ride.

    Saturday after riding 25 miles of XC at Camp Tamarancho, my girlfriend and a friend went to the
    gf's parents corral where we set up cinderblocks and planks, platforms, jumps, etc and played for
    almost 3 hours.

    I've been practicing about 2 - 3 hours a pop, about 4 days a week. My hands are now covered with
    about 10 blisters of varying sizes between a spec and a quarter.

    I've yet to try a japslap but I can trackstand pretty much indefinately. Bunnyhops are up to about
    20". Nosepick with 2 bounces, back onto the rear wheel also with 2 bounces. Can sorta-kinda manuever
    between the two wheels and "climb" over and onto things. Side hopping up about a foot usually
    succeeds. Wheelies still only last about 50 feet and a manual is out of the question.

    Getting much better at stationary hopping and can pivot on either wheel 180o fairly consistently.

    How advanced at trials are you? You have any good photos?

    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    --

  3. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Carla A-G wrote:
    > > The trials bike will be sporting a set of Magura HS22's, it was time to
    get
    > > rid of the useless v's...
    > >
    > > Brake away...
    > >
    > > - CA-G
    > >
    > > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
    > >

    > I have the HS11's on the back of mine. Magura Julie disk on the front. Good stuff.

    I have no disk mount on the rigid fork, so I went with full hydro's on the front and rear.

    > I am LOVING trials! I suck so bad but I'm improving every time I ride.

    Ah yes, the ever notable learning curve...trials is the SHIZNIT!

    <snip>

    > How advanced at trials are you? You have any good photos?

    I wish I could put more time into my trials riding, we built the bike in the summer and I am still
    tweaking it and getting used to riding it whenever I get the opportunity (which isn't often :-( ).
    As far as being advanced, heh heh heh, I'm still working on the basic stuff, nose wheelies, endos,
    drop-offs, bunny hopping, etc. Not really much of photos, but we did do an urban ride not long ago
    (warning: my web page sucks):

    http://www.geocities.com/khsgrl/NCC.htm

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  4. Derral

    Derral Guest

    I have Magura rim brakes on a hybrid, they are great brakes, never need adjustments, never squeal,
    never have only 1 pad dragging on the rim, the only negative is in very cold weather they are a
    little slow to return, but even that's no problem. I agree about the useless v's, it's either
    hydraulic rim or disc brakes for me.