A little upgrade...

Carla A-G

Guest
The trials bike will be sporting a set of Magura HS22's, it was time to get rid of the
useless v's...

Brake away...

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G wrote:
> The trials bike will be sporting a set of Magura HS22's, it was time to get rid of the
> useless v's...
>
> Brake away...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

I have the HS11's on the back of mine. Magura Julie disk on the front. Good stuff.

I am LOVING trials! I suck so bad but I'm improving every time I ride.

Saturday after riding 25 miles of XC at Camp Tamarancho, my girlfriend and a friend went to the
gf's parents corral where we set up cinderblocks and planks, platforms, jumps, etc and played for
almost 3 hours.

I've been practicing about 2 - 3 hours a pop, about 4 days a week. My hands are now covered with
about 10 blisters of varying sizes between a spec and a quarter.

I've yet to try a japslap but I can trackstand pretty much indefinately. Bunnyhops are up to about
20". Nosepick with 2 bounces, back onto the rear wheel also with 2 bounces. Can sorta-kinda manuever
between the two wheels and "climb" over and onto things. Side hopping up about a foot usually
succeeds. Wheelies still only last about 50 feet and a manual is out of the question.

Getting much better at stationary hopping and can pivot on either wheel 180o fairly consistently.

How advanced at trials are you? You have any good photos?

--

FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
--

"FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Carla A-G wrote:
> > The trials bike will be sporting a set of Magura HS22's, it was time to
get
> > rid of the useless v's...
> >
> > Brake away...
> >
> > - CA-G
> >
> > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
> >

> I have the HS11's on the back of mine. Magura Julie disk on the front. Good stuff.

I have no disk mount on the rigid fork, so I went with full hydro's on the front and rear.

> I am LOVING trials! I suck so bad but I'm improving every time I ride.

Ah yes, the ever notable learning curve...trials is the SHIZNIT!

<snip>

> How advanced at trials are you? You have any good photos?

I wish I could put more time into my trials riding, we built the bike in the summer and I am still
tweaking it and getting used to riding it whenever I get the opportunity (which isn't often :-( ).
As far as being advanced, heh heh heh, I'm still working on the basic stuff, nose wheelies, endos,
drop-offs, bunny hopping, etc. Not really much of photos, but we did do an urban ride not long ago
(warning: my web page sucks):

http://www.geocities.com/khsgrl/NCC.htm

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

I have Magura rim brakes on a hybrid, they are great brakes, never need adjustments, never squeal,
never have only 1 pad dragging on the rim, the only negative is in very cold weather they are a
little slow to return, but even that's no problem. I agree about the useless v's, it's either
hydraulic rim or disc brakes for me.