A lonely ole' SLART

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Absent Husband, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. Hi all,

    Absolutely beautiful morning for a ride in BrisVegas - roads *almost*
    totally dry, cool temps, and slight cooling breeze. Perfect for a
    SLART............

    I rolled up to the meeting place at 05:25, waited until 05:40, then
    rolled off alone (quietly sobbing to myself... well maybe not actually,
    but anyway...)

    I took a few shortcuts to avoid Old Cleveland Rd traffic (didn't want
    to brave it on my own), and to cut off a few km's (with no LA's to
    draft behind!!). Averaged 23km/h over quite a few hills, and so was
    reasonably happy.

    Weather was just perfect for cycling, so glad I made the effort to get
    up and go. Not sure where I'll ride on Saturday (don't know if I'm
    ready to tackle Star Cafe or La Dolce Vita yet - although the Star Cafe
    ride is apparently a very flat one out to Brighton/Redcliffe...).

    But on Sunday.... is anyone up for a BLART?? Or should I go my own
    way??

    Cheers all,
    Absent Husband

    Tags:

  2. JH

    JH Guest

    Absent Husband wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Absolutely beautiful morning for a ride in BrisVegas - roads *almost*
    > totally dry, cool temps, and slight cooling breeze. Perfect for a
    > SLART............
    >
    > I rolled up to the meeting place at 05:25, waited until 05:40, then
    > rolled off alone (quietly sobbing to myself... well maybe not actually,
    > but anyway...)
    >
    > I took a few shortcuts to avoid Old Cleveland Rd traffic (didn't want
    > to brave it on my own), and to cut off a few km's (with no LA's to
    > draft behind!!). Averaged 23km/h over quite a few hills, and so was
    > reasonably happy.
    >
    > Weather was just perfect for cycling, so glad I made the effort to get
    > up and go. Not sure where I'll ride on Saturday (don't know if I'm
    > ready to tackle Star Cafe or La Dolce Vita yet - although the Star Cafe
    > ride is apparently a very flat one out to Brighton/Redcliffe...).
    >
    > But on Sunday.... is anyone up for a BLART?? Or should I go my own
    > way??
    >
    > Cheers all,
    > Absent Husband

    I did the Sunday ride last week with Tamyka, however I cannot do either
    of the next 2 Sundays, should be a candidate after that.

    JH

  3. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Absent Husband wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Absolutely beautiful morning for a ride in BrisVegas - roads *almost*
    > totally dry, cool temps, and slight cooling breeze. Perfect for a
    > SLART............
    >
    > I rolled up to the meeting place at 05:25, waited until 05:40, then
    > rolled off alone (quietly sobbing to myself... well maybe not actually,
    > but anyway...)
    >
    > I took a few shortcuts to avoid Old Cleveland Rd traffic (didn't want
    > to brave it on my own), and to cut off a few km's (with no LA's to
    > draft behind!!). Averaged 23km/h over quite a few hills, and so was
    > reasonably happy.
    >
    > Weather was just perfect for cycling, so glad I made the effort to get
    > up and go. Not sure where I'll ride on Saturday (don't know if I'm
    > ready to tackle Star Cafe or La Dolce Vita yet - although the Star Cafe
    > ride is apparently a very flat one out to Brighton/Redcliffe...).
    >
    > But on Sunday.... is anyone up for a BLART?? Or should I go my own
    > way??
    >
    > Cheers all,
    > Absent Husband

    Sorry dude,

    I'm doing the serving my nation thing this weekend...

  4. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    I won't be able to make it for the next two weeks either - I'm entertaining my eurotrash relatives all day Sunday and next weekend I'm moving house.

    Unless I'm camping the weekend after, I'll be in for sure.

  5. Back in2IT

    Back in2IT Guest

    "Absent Husband" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Absolutely beautiful morning for a ride in BrisVegas - roads *almost*
    > totally dry, cool temps, and slight cooling breeze. Perfect for a
    > SLART............
    >
    > I rolled up to the meeting place at 05:25, waited until 05:40, then
    > rolled off alone (quietly sobbing to myself... well maybe not actually,
    > but anyway...)
    >
    > I took a few shortcuts to avoid Old Cleveland Rd traffic (didn't want
    > to brave it on my own), and to cut off a few km's (with no LA's to
    > draft behind!!). Averaged 23km/h over quite a few hills, and so was
    > reasonably happy.
    >
    > Weather was just perfect for cycling, so glad I made the effort to get
    > up and go. Not sure where I'll ride on Saturday (don't know if I'm
    > ready to tackle Star Cafe or La Dolce Vita yet - although the Star Cafe
    > ride is apparently a very flat one out to Brighton/Redcliffe...).
    >
    > But on Sunday.... is anyone up for a BLART?? Or should I go my own
    > way??
    >
    > Cheers all,
    > Absent Husband

    I come in here every now and then, but I have no idea what SLART/BLART is.
    If you'd like to explain it to me, I may be up for BLART on Sunday.

  6. JH

    JH Guest