a look at spring riding

Penny S

Guest
It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
other day with my pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler
to play with.

just a few miscellaneous pics:

This is part of the Beacon Bomber xc course. Riding through
the colors is just mind blowing. http://www.cet.com/~pennys/images/springrides/bcn4-04-
01.jpg http://www.cet.com/~pennys/images/springrides/bcn4-04-
02.jpg

Here we were exploring a new trail that a friend of her's
has made. Since this trail was built by a DH rider, we
weren't sure what to expect in terms of excitement... so I
put my pads on and went first as the guinea pig. There was
one hike a bike (for us) section, the rest of it was all
rollable or had go arounds. The guy has a good eye for
making nice trails, I"ll say that.

http://www.cet.com/~pennys/images/springrides/despenbeacon.-
jpg

These are from the other day at Riverside. This was from her
first ride on her new SC, before we realized the new shock
was messed up.

http://www.cet.com/~pennys/images/springrides/deslogs2.jpg

http://www.cet.com/~pennys/images/springrides/desrocks3.jpg

She's been taking pics of me, but I don't have the
files yet.

Penny

"Penny S" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
news:[email protected]...
> It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
> other day with my pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler
> to play with.
>
> just a few miscellaneous pics:

Splendid images Penny. We took the first long ride on our
road bikes yeasterday http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt1.jpg
http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt2.jpg and today we did a
long ride in Lunsen and took quite a few photos, posted them
above but I think they are easiest to view on this link
http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=27214&t=27214

Per http://lowdin.nu

Per Löwdin wrote:

> "Penny S" <[email protected]> skrev i
> meddelandet news:[email protected]...
>
>>It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
>>other day with my pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler
>>to play with.
>>
>>just a few miscellaneous pics:
>

> Splendid images Penny. We took the first long ride on our
> road bikes yeasterday
> http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt1.jpg
> http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt2.jpg and today we did a
> long ride in Lunsen and took quite a few photos, posted
> them above but I think they are easiest to view on this
> link
> http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=27214&t=27214

Nice Pics Per and Penny Spring arrived in Salida yesterday
bringing about 6" snow (so far). We'd had warm weather,
but no Spring snow till now. 2/10" of precip. for all of
March. 2" (mostly rain) so far in April. I think I'll dust
off the spinner.

Cheers, Shawn

Shawn Curry wrote:
> Per L=F6wdin wrote:
>=20
>> "Penny S" <[email protected]> skrev i
>> meddelandet news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
>>> other day with my=
=20
>>> pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler to play with.
>>>
>>> just a few miscellaneous pics:
>>

>> Splendid images Penny. We took the first long ride on our
>> road bikes yeasterday
>> http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt1.jpg
>> http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt2.jpg and today we did a
>> long ride in Lunsen and took quite a few photos,=20
>> posted them above but I think they are easiest to view on
>> this link http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php?f=3D1&i=3D2-
>> 7214&t=3D27214
>=20 20
> Nice Pics Per and Penny Spring arrived in Salida yesterday
> bringing about 6" snow (so far). We'=
d=20
> had warm weather, but no Spring snow till now. 2/10" of
> precip. for al=
l=20
> of March. 2" (mostly rain) so far in April. I think I'll
> dust off the spinner.
>=20
> Cheers, Shawn
>=20 20
Poor saps, spring hit here over a month ago http://www.motoworldracing.com/media/RB-04-
shockspring.jpg
--
Slacker

Penny S wrote:

> It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
> other day with my pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler
> to play with.
>
> just a few miscellaneous pics:
>
> This is part of the Beacon Bomber xc course. Riding
> through the colors is just mind blowing. http://www.cet.com/~pennys/images/springrides/bcn4-
> 04-01.jpg
>
> Penny

That's a great pic. Looks like the freeriding feline,
Tuffgrrl, is digging her new sled.
--
Slacker

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 08:47:38 -0700, Penny S wrote:
> It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
> other day with my pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler
> to play with.

Very nice. I was going to get some pics of a local trail
which usually has a few large fields of flowers, but I
forgot the camera, couldn't talk my riding bud into bringing
his, and there weren't any flowers after all. Still had a
great ride, though.

> This is part of the Beacon Bomber xc course. Riding
> through the colors is just mind blowing.

Just the way you word that reminds me of a tequila ad.

Good stuff!

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail
address, at least)

Shawn Curry wrote:
> Per Löwdin wrote:
>
>> "Penny S" <[email protected]> skrev i
>> meddelandet news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
>>> other day with my pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler
>>> to play with.
>>>
>>> just a few miscellaneous pics:
>>

>> Splendid images Penny. We took the first long ride on our
>> road bikes yeasterday
>> http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt1.jpg
>> http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt2.jpg and today we did a
>> long ride in Lunsen and took quite a few photos, posted
>> them above but I think they are easiest to view on this
>> link
>> http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=27214&t=27214
>
> Nice Pics Per and Penny Spring arrived in Salida yesterday
> bringing about 6" snow (so far). We'd had warm weather,
> but no Spring snow till now. 2/10" of precip. for all of
> March. 2" (mostly rain) so far in April. I think I'll dust
> off the spinner.
>
> Cheers, Shawn

Did a similar thing here. I've had the last few days off
with hopes of riding for the duration. I got one decent ride
in on Thursday. I was about to go out on my road bike today
but the temp dropped and wind picked up enough I decided
against it. I can't complain too much. It's usually too dry
here so I'm happy we got some moisture. Got some stuff done
around the house and some quality time in with the boy, so
it was far from wasted. I have to go to Taos week after next
for the week so I'm trying to get as much quality time in as
I can. I'll get to ride in Taos too (and go to Albuquerque
to do a ropes course - should be fun). I just hope the motos
haven't torn up Hartman's too much while it was wet...

Frost-lifted trail at Hartman rocks: http://www.mattb.net/images/2004-
04/big%20mesa%20from%20hartmans.JPG

Indoor riding (the boy already loves bikes!): http://www.mattb.net/images/2004-
04/indoor%20ride.jpg

Some friends went up and hiked Monarch yesterday. They had
about 2' fresh. I'm done skiing, but big powder sure is fun
(more so on skis than a bike).

Hopefully I'll get in some evening rides this week if the
conditions improve.

Matt

Per Löwdin wrote:
>> Frost-lifted trail at Hartman rocks: http://www.mattb.net/images/2004-
>> 04/big%20mesa%20from%20hartmans.JPG
>
> Would love to ride there. Are thinking about bringing our
> FS to the US and then rent a car and drive between the
> places with the best rides.
>
> Per http://lowdin.nu

It's good riding for sure. Gunnison is very underrated IMO
since it's so close to Crested Butte. A lot of people skip
over the rides here to get up high in CB. CB is great, but
so is Gunnison - especially Hartman's. Drop me a line if you
end up this way - I could show you a thing or two.

Matt

> CB is great, but so is Gunnison - especially Hartman's.
> Drop me a line if you end up this way - I could show you a
> thing or two.

Thanks, splendid, at the moment we have really vague
plans, thought first that we would bike from place to
place with BOBs like last year, though in northern
California, but after some rethinking it seems that we
will drive instead, would mean that we could cover a lot
more ground, bike some in California, Arizona, Utah and
possibly Wyomig and Idaho too.

Per http://lowdin.nu

Per Löwdin wrote:
>> CB is great, but so is Gunnison - especially Hartman's.
>> Drop me a line if you end up this way - I could show you
>> a thing or two.
>
> Thanks, splendid, at the moment we have really vague
> plans, thought first that we would bike from place to
> place with BOBs like last year, though in northern
> California, but after some rethinking it seems that we
> will drive instead, would mean that we could cover a lot
> more ground, bike some in California, Arizona, Utah and
> possibly Wyomig and Idaho too.
>
> Per http://lowdin.nu

Yeah, driving would get you more time riding on dirt for
sure. As I know you have seen, there are some big wide open
spaces around here that can take a while to cycle. All
depends on your objective, but mine would be to drive the
roads and ride the trails if it were my trip!

Matt

> Yeah, driving would get you more time riding on dirt for
> sure. As I know
you
> have seen, there are some big wide open spaces around here
> that can take a while to cycle.

Yes, we liked cycling in Colorado, distances are not
too long, but we don´t want to do the same trip again.
Even if we never had so much fun, it will not be as fun
doing it twice.

> All depends on your objective, but mine would be to drive
> the roads and ride the trails if it were my trip!

That is precisely the idea, we can bring our FS-bikes, fly
to San Francisco, then drive a day and ride a couple,
Calistoga, Tahoe, Sedona, Durango, Crested Butte, Sedona,
Salida, Park City, etc., etc. We will make a list of places
with good trails, and then take the days as they come, no
itinerary fixed in advance. Just don´t want to spend too
much time driving. Will get seven, possibly eight, weeks.

Per http://lowdin.nu