a look at spring riding

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S, Apr 10, 2004.

  1. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
    other day with my pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler
    to play with.

    just a few miscellaneous pics:

    This is part of the Beacon Bomber xc course. Riding through
    the colors is just mind blowing. http://www.cet.com/~pennys/images/springrides/bcn4-04-
    01.jpg http://www.cet.com/~pennys/images/springrides/bcn4-04-
    02.jpg

    Here we were exploring a new trail that a friend of her's
    has made. Since this trail was built by a DH rider, we
    weren't sure what to expect in terms of excitement... so I
    put my pads on and went first as the guinea pig. There was
    one hike a bike (for us) section, the rest of it was all
    rollable or had go arounds. The guy has a good eye for
    making nice trails, I"ll say that.

    http://www.cet.com/~pennys/images/springrides/despenbeacon.-
    jpg

    These are from the other day at Riverside. This was from her
    first ride on her new SC, before we realized the new shock
    was messed up.

    http://www.cet.com/~pennys/images/springrides/deslogs2.jpg

    http://www.cet.com/~pennys/images/springrides/desrocks3.jpg

    She's been taking pics of me, but I don't have the
    files yet.

    Penny

    Tags:

  2. Per LöWdin

    Per LöWdin Guest

    "Penny S" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
    news:[email protected]...
    > It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
    > other day with my pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler
    > to play with.
    >
    > just a few miscellaneous pics:

    Splendid images Penny. We took the first long ride on our
    road bikes yeasterday http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt1.jpg
    http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt2.jpg and today we did a
    long ride in Lunsen and took quite a few photos, posted them
    above but I think they are easiest to view on this link
    http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=27214&t=27214

    Per http://lowdin.nu

  3. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    Per Löwdin wrote:
    >> and today we did a long ride in Lunsen and took quite a
    >> few photos,
    > posted them above but I think they are easiest to view on
    > this link
    > http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=27214&t=27214
    >
    > Per http://lowdin.nu

    heh, you should'be posted that the first time around!! I
    already looked through them the hard way. ;-)

    penny

  4. Per LöWdin

    Per LöWdin Guest

    > heh, you should'be posted that the first time around!!

    Of course, did not think of it until it was too late.

    Per http://lowdin.nu

  5. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry Guest

    Per Löwdin wrote:

    > "Penny S" <[email protected]> skrev i
    > meddelandet news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
    >>other day with my pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler
    >>to play with.
    >>
    >>just a few miscellaneous pics:
    >

    > Splendid images Penny. We took the first long ride on our
    > road bikes yeasterday
    > http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt1.jpg
    > http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt2.jpg and today we did a
    > long ride in Lunsen and took quite a few photos, posted
    > them above but I think they are easiest to view on this
    > link
    > http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=27214&t=27214

    Nice Pics Per and Penny Spring arrived in Salida yesterday
    bringing about 6" snow (so far). We'd had warm weather,
    but no Spring snow till now. 2/10" of precip. for all of
    March. 2" (mostly rain) so far in April. I think I'll dust
    off the spinner.

    Cheers, Shawn

  6. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Shawn Curry wrote:
    > Per L=F6wdin wrote:
    >=20
    >> "Penny S" <[email protected]m> skrev i
    >> meddelandet news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>> It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
    >>> other day with my=
    =20
    >>> pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler to play with.
    >>>
    >>> just a few miscellaneous pics:
    >>

    >> Splendid images Penny. We took the first long ride on our
    >> road bikes yeasterday
    >> http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt1.jpg
    >> http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt2.jpg and today we did a
    >> long ride in Lunsen and took quite a few photos,=20
    >> posted them above but I think they are easiest to view on
    >> this link http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php?f=3D1&i=3D2-
    >> 7214&t=3D27214
    >=20 20
    > Nice Pics Per and Penny Spring arrived in Salida yesterday
    > bringing about 6" snow (so far). We'=
    d=20
    > had warm weather, but no Spring snow till now. 2/10" of
    > precip. for al=
    l=20
    > of March. 2" (mostly rain) so far in April. I think I'll
    > dust off the spinner.
    >=20
    > Cheers, Shawn
    >=20 20
    Poor saps, spring hit here over a month ago http://www.motoworldracing.com/media/RB-04-
    shockspring.jpg
    --
    Slacker

  7. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Penny S wrote:

    > It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
    > other day with my pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler
    > to play with.
    >
    > just a few miscellaneous pics:
    >
    > This is part of the Beacon Bomber xc course. Riding
    > through the colors is just mind blowing. http://www.cet.com/~pennys/images/springrides/bcn4-
    > 04-01.jpg
    >
    > Penny

    That's a great pic. Looks like the freeriding feline,
    Tuffgrrl, is digging her new sled.
    --
    Slacker

  8. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 08:47:38 -0700, Penny S wrote:
    > It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
    > other day with my pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler
    > to play with.

    Very nice. I was going to get some pics of a local trail
    which usually has a few large fields of flowers, but I
    forgot the camera, couldn't talk my riding bud into bringing
    his, and there weren't any flowers after all. Still had a
    great ride, though.

    > This is part of the Beacon Bomber xc course. Riding
    > through the colors is just mind blowing.

    Just the way you word that reminds me of a tequila ad.

    Good stuff!

    --
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail
    address, at least)

  9. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    Shawn Curry wrote:
    > Per Löwdin wrote:
    >
    >> "Penny S" <[email protected]> skrev i
    >> meddelandet news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>> It's been glorious out. I've been getting out every
    >>> other day with my pal Tuffgrrl who's got a new Heckler
    >>> to play with.
    >>>
    >>> just a few miscellaneous pics:
    >>

    >> Splendid images Penny. We took the first long ride on our
    >> road bikes yeasterday
    >> http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt1.jpg
    >> http://lowdin.nu/tillf/ekolnrunt2.jpg and today we did a
    >> long ride in Lunsen and took quite a few photos, posted
    >> them above but I think they are easiest to view on this
    >> link
    >> http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=27214&t=27214
    >
    > Nice Pics Per and Penny Spring arrived in Salida yesterday
    > bringing about 6" snow (so far). We'd had warm weather,
    > but no Spring snow till now. 2/10" of precip. for all of
    > March. 2" (mostly rain) so far in April. I think I'll dust
    > off the spinner.
    >
    > Cheers, Shawn

    Did a similar thing here. I've had the last few days off
    with hopes of riding for the duration. I got one decent ride
    in on Thursday. I was about to go out on my road bike today
    but the temp dropped and wind picked up enough I decided
    against it. I can't complain too much. It's usually too dry
    here so I'm happy we got some moisture. Got some stuff done
    around the house and some quality time in with the boy, so
    it was far from wasted. I have to go to Taos week after next
    for the week so I'm trying to get as much quality time in as
    I can. I'll get to ride in Taos too (and go to Albuquerque
    to do a ropes course - should be fun). I just hope the motos
    haven't torn up Hartman's too much while it was wet...

    Frost-lifted trail at Hartman rocks: http://www.mattb.net/images/2004-
    04/big%20mesa%20from%20hartmans.JPG

    Indoor riding (the boy already loves bikes!): http://www.mattb.net/images/2004-
    04/indoor%20ride.jpg

    Some friends went up and hiked Monarch yesterday. They had
    about 2' fresh. I'm done skiing, but big powder sure is fun
    (more so on skis than a bike).

    Hopefully I'll get in some evening rides this week if the
    conditions improve.

    Matt

  10. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

  11. Per LöWdin

    Per LöWdin Guest

  12. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    Per Löwdin wrote:
    >> Frost-lifted trail at Hartman rocks: http://www.mattb.net/images/2004-
    >> 04/big%20mesa%20from%20hartmans.JPG
    >
    > Would love to ride there. Are thinking about bringing our
    > FS to the US and then rent a car and drive between the
    > places with the best rides.
    >
    > Per http://lowdin.nu

    It's good riding for sure. Gunnison is very underrated IMO
    since it's so close to Crested Butte. A lot of people skip
    over the rides here to get up high in CB. CB is great, but
    so is Gunnison - especially Hartman's. Drop me a line if you
    end up this way - I could show you a thing or two.

    Matt

  13. Per LöWdin

    Per LöWdin Guest

    > CB is great, but so is Gunnison - especially Hartman's.
    > Drop me a line if you end up this way - I could show you a
    > thing or two.

    Thanks, splendid, at the moment we have really vague
    plans, thought first that we would bike from place to
    place with BOBs like last year, though in northern
    California, but after some rethinking it seems that we
    will drive instead, would mean that we could cover a lot
    more ground, bike some in California, Arizona, Utah and
    possibly Wyomig and Idaho too.

    Per http://lowdin.nu

  14. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    Per Löwdin wrote:
    >> CB is great, but so is Gunnison - especially Hartman's.
    >> Drop me a line if you end up this way - I could show you
    >> a thing or two.
    >
    > Thanks, splendid, at the moment we have really vague
    > plans, thought first that we would bike from place to
    > place with BOBs like last year, though in northern
    > California, but after some rethinking it seems that we
    > will drive instead, would mean that we could cover a lot
    > more ground, bike some in California, Arizona, Utah and
    > possibly Wyomig and Idaho too.
    >
    > Per http://lowdin.nu

    Yeah, driving would get you more time riding on dirt for
    sure. As I know you have seen, there are some big wide open
    spaces around here that can take a while to cycle. All
    depends on your objective, but mine would be to drive the
    roads and ride the trails if it were my trip!

    Matt

  15. Per LöWdin

    Per LöWdin Guest

    > Yeah, driving would get you more time riding on dirt for
    > sure. As I know
    you
    > have seen, there are some big wide open spaces around here
    > that can take a while to cycle.

    Yes, we liked cycling in Colorado, distances are not
    too long, but we don´t want to do the same trip again.
    Even if we never had so much fun, it will not be as fun
    doing it twice.

    > All depends on your objective, but mine would be to drive
    > the roads and ride the trails if it were my trip!

    That is precisely the idea, we can bring our FS-bikes, fly
    to San Francisco, then drive a day and ride a couple,
    Calistoga, Tahoe, Sedona, Durango, Crested Butte, Sedona,
    Salida, Park City, etc., etc. We will make a list of places
    with good trails, and then take the days as they come, no
    itinerary fixed in advance. Just don´t want to spend too
    much time driving. Will get seven, possibly eight, weeks.

    Per http://lowdin.nu