A low-cost city bike in London

Wellow

Jul 29, 2013
Hi.

I just moved to London for my one year internship from Copenhagen. I guess you heard of Danes on bikes and yes, it's true - we need them. So I'd like to buy a low-cost city bike for commuting in London. Could you give me an advice where can I get one for really small amount of money? I don't want to invest a lot because I'm here just for a year.

Thanks in advance!

i would make a tour of the local bike shops and see if there's any second hand bike for sale, i think you should have brought your own bike from copenhagen, properly dissassembled and packed is like part of your luggage with a penalty fee of course but not too much, i did an internship overseas too, brought my road bike but ended up buying another bike from a co-worker for commuting since i was afraid of leaving my main bike all day in the parking and in danger of being stolen, when i left i gave the commuter to another person as a present for free, it was really a basic bike,

That's a good idea but I don't have so much time during weekdays so I was hoping for a solution through internet since I couldn't find one. I think I will have to make a free day for this anyway.