A Menu for Hope - Food Blogger Charity Raffle

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Charlotte L. Blackmer, Dec 16, 2005.

  1. As some of you have discovered, I'm spending some time in the foodblogger
    world these days.

    Noted foodblogger Pim of Chez Pim (http://chezpim.typepad.com/blogs/) has
    used her considerable charm and organizational talents to organize "A Menu
    for Hope II". This is a raffle with some truly wonderful prizes donated
    by foodbloggers and generous merchants (such as the SF Bay Area's
    wonderful Fatted Calf Charcuterie) to benefit Unicef in support of their
    Kashmir earthquake relief efforts. For $5 a pop, you could get some
    truly wonderful prizes. All donations are tax-deductible.

    The full list and The Rules are at:

    http://chezpim.typepad.com/blogs/2005/12/a_menu_for_hope.html#more

    Yours truly is offering either lemon curd (a la my mom) and chocolate
    truffles (a la Kay) or DIY supplies for same for those not able to take
    personal delivery.

    It goes thru Dec 23, so if you have a spare $5, Charlotte Bob says check
    it out. Nor Cal folks - a romp through the Ferry Building market and a
    dinner at Manresa are on the list. yee haw!

    Charlotte
    http://loveandcooking.blogspot.com

  2. serene

    serene Guest

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    serene <[email protected]> wrote:
    >On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:45:01 +0000 (UTC), [email protected]
    >(Charlotte L. Blackmer) wrote:
    >
    >>The full list and The Rules are at:
    >>
    >>http://chezpim.typepad.com/blogs/2005/12/a_menu_for_hope.html#more
    >>
    >>Yours truly is offering either lemon curd (a la my mom) and chocolate
    >>truffles (a la Kay) or DIY supplies for same for those not able to take
    >>personal delivery.

    >I have had both. Heaven. I'm not kidding.

    Thanks babe *smooch*.

    We raised $17,000 ... pretty good for our little web effort!

    *off to make curd*

    Charlotte