A Merry Christmas And a Happy New Year

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> mark wrote:
>> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
>>
>>> Plus the 'Luke 2:11, 12 thing...leave yer religion in the church
>>> pls....
>>>

>> I'm pretty sure Christmas is (or was at one time) a religious
>> holiday.
>>
>> mark

> Well Santa and a Christmas tree is certainly religious, but Pagan in
> origin...Christmas can be described by some as somebody's birthday but
> it is a commercial holiday, observed with gusto in places like Japan,
> which is mostly Shinto.

I just returned from doing training with our operations in India. I attended
their office Christmas party. They let me into the "Secret Santa" pool. They
get Christmas Day off work. India is mostly Hindu, but seems happy to add
one more holiday to the mix.

> Didn't like the 'bent, don't like any in your face Christian
> references.

It's hard to say that a mention of a bible verse -- without even listing the
wording of the verse itself -- is particularly "in your face", but then it's
your face, not mine. Enjoy Kwanza ;)

Mike Kruger wrote:
> Ozark Bicycle wrote:
> >
> > "Religion is the opium of the people." Which Marx brother said that?
> > ;-)

> Louis Marx, who produced an alternative Christmas symbol, the toy train? ;)
> http://www.thortrains.net/marstart.html

Wow! I had completely forgotten Marx Toys.

BTW, was Louis in "Duck Soup"? ;-)