A Merry Christmas And a Happy New Year

> Mark Hickey wrote:
> > "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >Posted on http://bikejournal.com
> > >
> > >http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/Bike01Bum/SantasPeleton150.jpg

> > Tell the kids that Santa's a myth, but don't let the little darlings
> > see him on a (gasp) 'bent!
> >
> > *<| ;-) }
> >
> > Mark Hickey
> > Habanero Cycles
> > http://www.habcycles.com
> > Home of the $795 ti frame

> Plus the 'Luke 2:11, 12 thing...leave yer religion in the church pls....

We should all have a happy, healthy, prosperous and safe New Year! We wish
everyone long chain life and freedom from flats.

Bruce

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> Plus the 'Luke 2:11, 12 thing...leave yer religion in the church pls....

I'm pretty sure Christmas is (or was at one time) a religious holiday.

mark

mark wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
>
> > Plus the 'Luke 2:11, 12 thing...leave yer religion in the church pls....
> >

> I'm pretty sure Christmas is (or was at one time) a religious holiday.
>
> mark

Well Santa and a Christmas tree is certainly religious, but Pagan in
origin...Christmas can be described by some as somebody's birthday but
it is a commercial holiday, observed with gusto in places like Japan,
which is mostly Shinto.

Didn't like the 'bent, don't like any in your face Christian
references. We can bend this thread to how many have died in the name
of religions, or how many have suffered and suffer today, or how
organized religion is all about power, greed, guilt, money....but maybe
not.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> mark wrote:
>
>>Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
>>

>>>Plus the 'Luke 2:11, 12 thing...leave yer religion in the church pls....
>>>

>>I'm pretty sure Christmas is (or was at one time) a religious holiday.
>>
>>mark

> Well Santa and a Christmas tree is certainly religious, but Pagan in
> origin...Christmas can be described by some as somebody's birthday but
> it is a commercial holiday, observed with gusto in places like Japan,
> which is mostly Shinto.
>
> Didn't like the 'bent, don't like any in your face Christian
> references. We can bend this thread to how many have died in the name
> of religions, or how many have suffered and suffer today, or how
> organized religion is all about power, greed, guilt, money....but maybe
> not.

Nothing personal, Peter, but you clicked on the link. There's no
guarantee that you are going to like it.

"catzz66" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> > mark wrote:

pls....

> >>I'm pretty sure Christmas is (or was at one time) a religious holiday.
> >>
> >>mark

> > Well Santa and a Christmas tree is certainly religious, but Pagan in
> > origin...Christmas can be described by some as somebody's birthday but
> > it is a commercial holiday, observed with gusto in places like Japan,
> > which is mostly Shinto.
> >
> > Didn't like the 'bent, don't like any in your face Christian
> > references. We can bend this thread to how many have died in the name
> > of religions, or how many have suffered and suffer today, or how
> > organized religion is all about power, greed, guilt, money....but maybe
> > not.
> >

> Nothing personal, Peter, but you clicked on the link. There's no
> guarantee that you are going to like it.

Bah! Humbug! ... Seasonal Greetings to everyone.
From ... Me and mine.

Colin N.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote (re. a cartoon):

> Didn't like the 'bent, don't like any in your face Christian
> references.

Here's the link:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/Bike01Bum/SantasPeleton150.jpg

I really don't see an "in your face" Christian reference -- just a small
little notation in the bottom corner (that I thought was maybe a joke at
first, like "Lance 7:05" or something).

The 'bent was humorous, I thought, drafting off all the "real" bikes.

Bill "JFC, people, lighten up" S.

mark wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
>
> > Plus the 'Luke 2:11, 12 thing...leave yer religion in the church pls....
> >

> I'm pretty sure Christmas is (or was at one time) a religious holiday.

Still is, only now people practice Consumerism and pray to the
Mastercard, the Visa and the American Express.

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Didn't like the 'bent, don't like any in your face Christian
>references. We can bend this thread to how many have died in the name
>of religions, or how many have suffered and suffer today, or how
>organized religion is all about power, greed, guilt, money....but maybe
>not.

I think the guy who's birth is celebrated this time of year would
agree with you on all counts. Especially the 'bent thing. ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

In article <[email protected]>,
Mark Hickey <[email protected]> writes:
> "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Didn't like the 'bent, don't like any in your face Christian
>>references. We can bend this thread to how many have died in the name
>>of religions, or how many have suffered and suffer today, or how
>>organized religion is all about power, greed, guilt, money....but maybe
>>not.

> I think the guy who's birth is celebrated this time of year would
> agree with you on all counts.

Frank Zappa, Beethoven, Mozart, me, and my next door neighbour?

Sure. We'll use any excuse to celebrate anything.
It's the Sagittarian thing to do.

The original Saint Nicklaus had the right idea.
Suprising people with nice stuff that they could
really use is kewl. I like people.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> writes:

> Mark Hickey wrote:
>> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Posted on http://bikejournal.com
>> >
>> >http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/Bike01Bum/SantasPeleton150.jpg

>> Tell the kids that Santa's a myth, but don't let the little darlings
>> see him on a (gasp) 'bent!
>>
>> *<| ;-) }
>>
>> Mark Hickey
>> Habanero Cycles
>> http://www.habcycles.com
>> Home of the $795 ti frame

> Plus the 'Luke 2:11, 12 thing...leave yer religion in the church pls....

Forcing reindeers to ride bicycles is animal cruelty.

cheers,
Tom

--

Tom Keats wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>> Mark Hickey wrote:

>>> Tell the kids that Santa's a myth, but don't let the little darlings
>>> see him on a (gasp) 'bent!
>>>
>>> *<| ;-) }
>>>
>>> Mark Hickey
>>> Habanero Cycles
>>> http://www.habcycles.com
>>> Home of the $795 ti frame

>> Plus the 'Luke 2:11, 12 thing...leave yer religion in the church
>> pls....

> Forcing reindeers to ride bicycles is animal cruelty.

Calling an overwieght man "fatboy" sounds like hate speech to me.

catzz66 wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> > mark wrote:

> >>I'm pretty sure Christmas is (or was at one time) a religious holiday.
> >>
> >>mark

> > Well Santa and a Christmas tree is certainly religious, but Pagan in
> > origin...Christmas can be described by some as somebody's birthday but
> > it is a commercial holiday, observed with gusto in places like Japan,
> > which is mostly Shinto.
> >
> > Didn't like the 'bent, don't like any in your face Christian
> > references. We can bend this thread to how many have died in the name
> > of religions, or how many have suffered and suffer today, or how
> > organized religion is all about power, greed, guilt, money....but maybe
> > not.
> >

> Nothing personal, Peter, but you clicked on the link. There's no
> guarantee that you are going to like it.

Didn't ask for a guarantee and there is nothing that says I gotta bow
to the idea that some biblical reference is always a good thing. A
little research as to how the bible was writtten, by whom, and why is
great reading. Now there is an excercise in power, greed.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> catzz66 wrote:
>
>>Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

>>Nothing personal, Peter, but you clicked on the link. There's no
>>guarantee that you are going to like it.

> Didn't ask for a guarantee ....

You pays your money and you takes your chances with links, though.
Probably few people would have even noticed the "Luke 2:11, 12 thing" if
you had not quoted it.

catzz66 wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> > catzz66 wrote:

> >>Nothing personal, Peter, but you clicked on the link. There's no
> >>guarantee that you are going to like it.

> > Didn't ask for a guarantee ....
> >

> You pays your money and you takes your chances with links, though.
> Probably few people would have even noticed the "Luke 2:11, 12 thing" if
> you had not quoted it.

I'm out....

> catzz66 wrote:
>> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

>> > Well Santa and a Christmas tree is certainly religious, but Pagan in
>> > origin...Christmas can be described by some as somebody's birthday but
>> > it is a commercial holiday, observed with gusto in places like Japan,
>> > which is mostly Shinto.
>> >
>> > Didn't like the 'bent, don't like any in your face Christian
>> > references. We can bend this thread to how many have died in the name
>> > of religions, or how many have suffered and suffer today, or how
>> > organized religion is all about power, greed, guilt, money....but maybe
>> > not.
>> >

>> Nothing personal, Peter, but you clicked on the link. There's no
>> guarantee that you are going to like it.

> Didn't ask for a guarantee and there is nothing that says I gotta bow
> to the idea that some biblical reference is always a good thing. A
> little research as to how the bible was writtten, by whom, and why is
> great reading. Now there is an excercise in power, greed.

Maybe someone should invent a wikibible

Tom Keats wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> writes:
> >
> > Mark Hickey wrote:

> >> Tell the kids that Santa's a myth, but don't let the little darlings
> >> see him on a (gasp) 'bent!
> >>
> >> *<| ;-) }
> >>
> >> Mark Hickey
> >> Habanero Cycles
> >> http://www.habcycles.com
> >> Home of the $795 ti frame

> > Plus the 'Luke 2:11, 12 thing...leave yer religion in the church pls....

> Forcing reindeers to ride bicycles is animal cruelty.

Not as bad as forcing them to take EPO. Is the new reindeer named
"Floyd'?

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> catzz66 wrote:
> > Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> > > Well Santa and a Christmas tree is certainly religious, but Pagan in
> > > origin...Christmas can be described by some as somebody's birthday but
> > > it is a commercial holiday, observed with gusto in places like Japan,
> > > which is mostly Shinto.
> > >
> > > Didn't like the 'bent, don't like any in your face Christian
> > > references. We can bend this thread to how many have died in the name
> > > of religions, or how many have suffered and suffer today, or how
> > > organized religion is all about power, greed, guilt, money....but maybe
> > > not.
> > >

> > Nothing personal, Peter, but you clicked on the link. There's no
> > guarantee that you are going to like it.

> Didn't ask for a guarantee and there is nothing that says I gotta bow
> to the idea that some biblical reference is always a good thing. A
> little research as to how the bible was writtten, by whom, and why is
> great reading. Now there is an excercise in power, greed.

"Religion is the opium of the people." Which Marx brother said that? ;-)