a new Cycling Movie

Dave Cutter

Jan 15, 2012
Just saw an advertisement for it! Called Premium Rush: http://premiumrush.com/

I like reading books and watching movies about cycling during my winter off-season [even though I do continue to cycle some in winter]. This movie looks like it might be a great DVD for a Christmas present (I'll have to be sure to mention it to the wife).

[the movie won't be released until] the 24th of August in the United States and Canada (for other nations see here: http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/premiumrush/releasedates/).

Although I have a Home Theater and generally [just wait and] buy the DVD or Blue Ray.... some movies I go to the theater to see when they are first released. This will be one of those movies.

Certainly a movie CAMPY BOB ( http://www.cyclingforums.com/t/466338/are-cyclists-that-carry-guns-paranoid-and-insecure-gun-fanatics ) wouldn't want to miss!

I'll be seeing it. I'm a sucker for a good action movie. One that involves bikes is even better. I can picture some people hating this movie, because it will "encourage reckless cycling among the youth." To be truthful it more than likely will do just that. For me personally, I look forward to being entertained by bicycle chase scenes for an hour and a half. I also like Joseph Gordon-Levitt as an actor. He was good in a couple recent films like Inception and the recent Batman movie. It will be cool to see him star in a action role.

Originally Posted by jrschultz .

I also like Joseph Gordon-Levitt as an actor........... It will be cool to see him star in a action role.
It was cool to watch him grow-up on "Third Rock" [from the sun] too. I never even thought about it being reckless... and bad for the kiddies and such... I must be getting old. I was just thinking it doesn't look like too much CGI (Computer-generated imagery).

Originally Posted by Look 566 Rider .

He did a lot of the riding himself. At least until he did an Endo into a minivan and got stitches.
I do all my own stunts as too!!!.

Well actually... my most recent stunt was arriving home tired and losing my balance in the driveway... then was unable to unclip before I hit the pavement. I think the movie may be more exciting!

I got back from seeing the movie tonight. I liked the movie enough to buy it when it comes out on DVD. It's not the best movie I've ever seen, but it was very good. The bike scenes are great. You get to see riding with traffic and against traffic. There's a race between Joseph Gordon Levitt's character Wily and his rival messenger. You get to see urban riding and even some trials in a police impound. There is a cool thing the movie does where they slow down the action to let you see what direction Wily could go before he chooses a direction as he's weaving through city streets. Joseph Gordon Levitt does a great job. The guy who plays the bad detective is hilarious and a bit demented all at the same time. There are good uses of flash back scenes that fill in information as to why things are playing out the way they do. There's a noble cause to Wily and his friends going to such great lengths to deliver the package. One of my favorite bike movies of all time is "Rad" from the 80's about bmx. This movie ranks right up there with that for me. Take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm a 30 year old dude who will go to see Fast and Furious movies until they stop making them, so perhaps I'm the target demographic for this movie. For the ladies out there, my wife said she enjoyed the movie too. She doesn't care about bikes or action flicks, but it held her interest for 90 minutes.