A new low after resisting temptation

nanner

Guest
Well -I am finally at a new low. I have been struggling the last 2 weeks on
atkins induction because I hadn't been seeing any results on the scale. I
know what the prob was the 1st week and adjusted for it the 2nd week and now
FINALLY I have smashed the glass floor and reached a new low.

It's motivating. Part of me was saying "well, you're not getting anywher so
why not have some fun and start again next week."

I had people over on Sunday and someone brought the most incredible
looking/smelling Italian cookies. You know, with the jam in the middle &
dipped in chocolate? And those rainbow cookies - oh, the whole works! It was
all I could do not to dive into the box head first!! I actually resisted and
sent the remaining cookies home with the person who brought them. It was
only a few but I couldn't trust myself with them!!

I think my reward was seeing the stubborn old scale start to budge - yippee!
Now I feel like I am back on the road to my goal. Next week I am starting at
a "curves" type gym. I hope that will help a little too.

JoAnna
176/140/120

"nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I think my reward was seeing the stubborn old scale start to budge -

yippee!
> Now I feel like I am back on the road to my goal. Next week I am starting

at
> a "curves" type gym. I hope that will help a little too.
>
> JoAnna
> 176/140/120

==================
Walking also helps and it's FREE! Get out there and walk. :eek:)
--
Wysong
Age 60. Height 5'6"

> Well -I am finally at a new low. I have been struggling the last 2 weeks on
> atkins induction because I hadn't been seeing any results on the scale. I
> know what the prob was the 1st week and adjusted for it the 2nd week and now
> FINALLY I have smashed the glass floor and reached a new low.

Congratulations!

--
Saffire
205/144/125 - 5'1.5"

"Wysong *~" <P@P> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I think my reward was seeing the stubborn old scale start to budge -

> yippee!
>> Now I feel like I am back on the road to my goal. Next week I am starting

> at
>> a "curves" type gym. I hope that will help a little too.
>>
>> JoAnna
>> 176/140/120

> ==================
> Walking also helps and it's FREE! Get out there and walk. :eek:)

I walk alot - I got a 3 month gift certificate for Christmas for this gym.

> --
> Wysong
> Age 60. Height 5'6"
> Starting date: 1/8/05
> 171/ 166 / 140 lb

You go girl!

--
bjgeiger
"nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well -I am finally at a new low. I have been struggling the last 2 weeks
> on atkins induction because I hadn't been seeing any results on the scale.
> I know what the prob was the 1st week and adjusted for it the 2nd week and
> now FINALLY I have smashed the glass floor and reached a new low.
>
> It's motivating. Part of me was saying "well, you're not getting anywher
> so why not have some fun and start again next week."
>
> I had people over on Sunday and someone brought the most incredible
> looking/smelling Italian cookies. You know, with the jam in the middle &
> dipped in chocolate? And those rainbow cookies - oh, the whole works! It
> was all I could do not to dive into the box head first!! I actually
> resisted and sent the remaining cookies home with the person who brought
> them. It was only a few but I couldn't trust myself with them!!
>
> I think my reward was seeing the stubborn old scale start to budge -
> yippee!
> Now I feel like I am back on the road to my goal. Next week I am starting
> at a "curves" type gym. I hope that will help a little too.
>
> JoAnna
> 176/140/120

"nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1zWLd.750$e%[email protected]...

> "Wysong *~" <P@P> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> I think my reward was seeing the stubborn old scale start to budge -

> > yippee!
> >> Now I feel like I am back on the road to my goal. Next week I am

starting
> > at
> >> a "curves" type gym. I hope that will help a little too.
> >>
> >> JoAnna
> >> 176/140/120

> > ==================
> > Walking also helps and it's FREE! Get out there and walk. :eek:)

> I walk alot - I got a 3 month gift certificate for Christmas for this gym.

=====================
I went to the gym for about 6 months. It wasn't for me, although some
people love it. I love to walk. Today I did three miles.
--
Wysong
Age 60. Height 5'6"

"Wysong *~" <P@P> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:1zWLd.750$e%[email protected]...
>>
>> "Wysong *~" <P@P> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...
>> > yippee!

> starting
>> > at

>> > ==================
>> > Walking also helps and it's FREE! Get out there and walk. :eek:)

>> I walk alot - I got a 3 month gift certificate for Christmas for this
>> gym.

> =====================
> I went to the gym for about 6 months. It wasn't for me, although some
> people love it. I love to walk. Today I did three miles.

I get very bored walking around town (and I do it with 2 kids under 4!!)
I do alot of walking anyway- I should get a pedometer!! Yesterday I was out
of the house from 8:30 till 3:30 doing errands and whatnot - I know it's not
power-walking but I am pushing a stroller w/a 30lb kid in it and carrying
all kinds of stuff while I'm at it!

I don't like the gym either but years ago I had a great experience doing a
circuit. I loved going in, knowing exacty what I needed to do and for how
long and then being out of there pretty quickly. It was the only time I can
remember having a Bikini Body :) and I showed it off in the bahamas :eek:)

So I am trying this new place that is right up the block, it's not Curves-
but the same concept. I did a trial class one night and it was alot of fun.
I also got a set of neoprene hand weights at home that I am starting to use,
I am starting to do crunches (my post-babt belly is the problem area!) and I
use my Lateral Thigh Trainer for some aerobics here when I get the time.

I am pretty happy about my progress. Maybe I will post pix after I lose
another 4 lbs (i'll be 15lbs from goal)
JoAnna
176/139/120
5'3" started 7/04

Let you? Did you have someone following you around knocking food out of
your hand?

In news:[email protected],
Wysong *~ <P@P> stated
When I had my son I came home
| from the hospital (1965) the same weight I was when I got pregnant -
| 110 lbs. They didn't let you gain too much back then.
|
| Wysong
| Age 60. Height 5'6"
| Starting date: 1/8/05
| 171/ 166 / 140 lb

"FOB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Let you? Did you have someone following you around knocking food out of
> your hand?

They may as well have - yes! :)
--
Wysong