A new low after resisting temptation

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by nanner, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. nanner

    nanner Guest

    Well -I am finally at a new low. I have been struggling the last 2 weeks on
    atkins induction because I hadn't been seeing any results on the scale. I
    know what the prob was the 1st week and adjusted for it the 2nd week and now
    FINALLY I have smashed the glass floor and reached a new low.

    It's motivating. Part of me was saying "well, you're not getting anywher so
    why not have some fun and start again next week."

    I had people over on Sunday and someone brought the most incredible
    looking/smelling Italian cookies. You know, with the jam in the middle &
    dipped in chocolate? And those rainbow cookies - oh, the whole works! It was
    all I could do not to dive into the box head first!! I actually resisted and
    sent the remaining cookies home with the person who brought them. It was
    only a few but I couldn't trust myself with them!!

    I think my reward was seeing the stubborn old scale start to budge - yippee!
    Now I feel like I am back on the road to my goal. Next week I am starting at
    a "curves" type gym. I hope that will help a little too.

    JoAnna
    176/140/120

    Tags:

  2. Wysong *~

    Wysong *~ Guest

    "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I think my reward was seeing the stubborn old scale start to budge -

    yippee!
    > Now I feel like I am back on the road to my goal. Next week I am starting

    at
    > a "curves" type gym. I hope that will help a little too.
    >
    > JoAnna
    > 176/140/120

    ==================
    Walking also helps and it's FREE! Get out there and walk. :eek:)
    --
    Wysong
    Age 60. Height 5'6"

  3. Saffire

    Saffire Guest

    > Well -I am finally at a new low. I have been struggling the last 2 weeks on
    > atkins induction because I hadn't been seeing any results on the scale. I
    > know what the prob was the 1st week and adjusted for it the 2nd week and now
    > FINALLY I have smashed the glass floor and reached a new low.

    Congratulations!

    --
    Saffire
    205/144/125 - 5'1.5"

  4. nanner

    nanner Guest

    "Wysong *~" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> I think my reward was seeing the stubborn old scale start to budge -

    > yippee!
    >> Now I feel like I am back on the road to my goal. Next week I am starting

    > at
    >> a "curves" type gym. I hope that will help a little too.
    >>
    >> JoAnna
    >> 176/140/120

    > ==================
    > Walking also helps and it's FREE! Get out there and walk. :eek:)

    I walk alot - I got a 3 month gift certificate for Christmas for this gym.

    > --
    > Wysong
    > Age 60. Height 5'6"
    > Starting date: 1/8/05
    > 171/ 166 / 140 lb

  5. You go girl!

    --
    bjgeiger
    "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Well -I am finally at a new low. I have been struggling the last 2 weeks
    > on atkins induction because I hadn't been seeing any results on the scale.
    > I know what the prob was the 1st week and adjusted for it the 2nd week and
    > now FINALLY I have smashed the glass floor and reached a new low.
    >
    > It's motivating. Part of me was saying "well, you're not getting anywher
    > so why not have some fun and start again next week."
    >
    > I had people over on Sunday and someone brought the most incredible
    > looking/smelling Italian cookies. You know, with the jam in the middle &
    > dipped in chocolate? And those rainbow cookies - oh, the whole works! It
    > was all I could do not to dive into the box head first!! I actually
    > resisted and sent the remaining cookies home with the person who brought
    > them. It was only a few but I couldn't trust myself with them!!
    >
    > I think my reward was seeing the stubborn old scale start to budge -
    > yippee!
    > Now I feel like I am back on the road to my goal. Next week I am starting
    > at a "curves" type gym. I hope that will help a little too.
    >
    > JoAnna
    > 176/140/120

  6. Wysong *~

    Wysong *~ Guest

    "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1zWLd.750$e%[email protected]

    > "Wysong *~" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >> I think my reward was seeing the stubborn old scale start to budge -

    > > yippee!
    > >> Now I feel like I am back on the road to my goal. Next week I am

    starting
    > > at
    > >> a "curves" type gym. I hope that will help a little too.
    > >>
    > >> JoAnna
    > >> 176/140/120

    > > ==================
    > > Walking also helps and it's FREE! Get out there and walk. :eek:)

    > I walk alot - I got a 3 month gift certificate for Christmas for this gym.

    =====================
    I went to the gym for about 6 months. It wasn't for me, although some
    people love it. I love to walk. Today I did three miles.
    --
    Wysong
    Age 60. Height 5'6"

  7. nanner

    nanner Guest

    "Wysong *~" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:1zWLd.750$e%[email protected]
    >>
    >> "Wysong *~" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> >
    >> > "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> > news:[email protected]
    >> > yippee!

    > starting
    >> > at

    >> > ==================
    >> > Walking also helps and it's FREE! Get out there and walk. :eek:)

    >> I walk alot - I got a 3 month gift certificate for Christmas for this
    >> gym.

    > =====================
    > I went to the gym for about 6 months. It wasn't for me, although some
    > people love it. I love to walk. Today I did three miles.

    I get very bored walking around town (and I do it with 2 kids under 4!!)
    I do alot of walking anyway- I should get a pedometer!! Yesterday I was out
    of the house from 8:30 till 3:30 doing errands and whatnot - I know it's not
    power-walking but I am pushing a stroller w/a 30lb kid in it and carrying
    all kinds of stuff while I'm at it!

    I don't like the gym either but years ago I had a great experience doing a
    circuit. I loved going in, knowing exacty what I needed to do and for how
    long and then being out of there pretty quickly. It was the only time I can
    remember having a Bikini Body :) and I showed it off in the bahamas :eek:)

    So I am trying this new place that is right up the block, it's not Curves-
    but the same concept. I did a trial class one night and it was alot of fun.
    I also got a set of neoprene hand weights at home that I am starting to use,
    I am starting to do crunches (my post-babt belly is the problem area!) and I
    use my Lateral Thigh Trainer for some aerobics here when I get the time.

    I am pretty happy about my progress. Maybe I will post pix after I lose
    another 4 lbs (i'll be 15lbs from goal)
    JoAnna
    176/139/120
    5'3" started 7/04

  8. FOB

    FOB Guest

    Let you? Did you have someone following you around knocking food out of
    your hand?

    In news:[email protected],
    Wysong *~ <[email protected]> stated
    When I had my son I came home
    | from the hospital (1965) the same weight I was when I got pregnant -
    | 110 lbs. They didn't let you gain too much back then.
    |
    | Wysong
    | Age 60. Height 5'6"
    | Starting date: 1/8/05
    | 171/ 166 / 140 lb
    | ==========================================

  9. Wysong *~

    Wysong *~ Guest

    "FOB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Let you? Did you have someone following you around knocking food out of
    > your hand?

    They may as well have - yes! :)
    --
    Wysong