rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

A new trick learned! (and one to learn)

Started by gordito8me · · Last activity · 2 posts · 204 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
8 December 2006
Last activity
8 December 2006
Original author
gordito8me
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
204
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just learned how to stand on my cranks, drop the seat, stop it with my
    foot and bring it back up. I'm not sure what that's called but I've
    seen it alot. Now I want to learn to do a wrap around (unsure of name)
    where you stand on your cranks, go from seat in front to seat in back
    by lifting your leg up and pulling the seat around your body. Any tips
    on how to do that would be really nice.

    --
    gordito8me
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55512

  2. gordito8me said:

    I just learned how to stand on my cranks, drop the seat, stop it with my
    foot and bring it back up. I'm not sure what that's called but I've
    seen it alot. Now I want to learn to do a wrap around (unsure of name)
    where you stand on your cranks, go from seat in front to seat in back
    by lifting your leg up and pulling the seat around your body. Any tips
    on how to do that would be really nice.

    You Learned a Seat Drop. The next thing you can do is drop the seat,
    spin 180, then bring the seat back up.

    I'm not sure if you're talking about a Seat Wrap or a Leg Wrap. In a
    Leg Wrap, you wrap one leg aroung the seat one time. This can be done
    multiple times in a row, like in Xavier's video Vener. He does it five
    times in a row in the beginning.

    The other Wrap is called a Seat Wrap, where you bring the seat all the
    way around your body. This was more difficult to learn for me because
    I have a tendency to fall forward, but I need a fairly centered balance
    to perform it. I can do them about %33 of the time now. First I
    learned Leg Wraps pretty good, untill I could manage two Leg Wraps
    almost anytime, and i managed to get four leg wraps at three different
    times. Once I had this down pretty good, I tried to lean back a little
    more so my center of gravity was over the center, then I would do one
    Leg Wrap but pass the seat to my other hand behind my back and mount my
    foot, the do the opposite motion with my other leg.

    --
    Blegas78

    Nothing is better than than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is
    better than nothing, therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal
    happiness.

    "Rock Out Loud Yo!" -kid from Paper Bag Over the Head advertisement
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blegas78's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5293
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55512

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.