A North East Passage: Biking to Scarberia

stokell

Jan 20, 2005
Hi I live in the beach (Toronto) and work in Northern Scarborough, Ontario ( a place made not for people but cars). If anyone else is like me looking for a safe route to work, Here is one I proofed Yesterday.

I found my way by the usual routes to Danforth Avenue and Pharmacy. I headed north on Pharmacy until just after the subway overpass where I turned right into Warden Woods Park. The trail ends at Warden and St. Clair where I again headed north 2 blocks on Warden and turned right onto Hymus (just north of the railway tracks). I took Hymus to Manville and went north with a jog west to a traffic light to cross Eglinton and through the Rona then east on Ashtonbee to Thermos. Thermos north to Bertand and then jog west to Crockford north and join a trail going east following the hydro right of way to Kennedy. You can probably take it from there. The whole route exposes you to about 2 blocks on main arterial roads and only then to get around railway tracks. From Home to Kennedy and Lawrence: 50 minutes at a leisurely pace.

I hope this helps.

Hi

Good post. I live in the West end (Bloor / Runnymede area) so this won't help me, but good idea all the same.

Yojimbo_ said:
Hi

Good post. I live in the West end (Bloor / Runnymede area) so this won't help me, but good idea all the same.
Thanks.
Now I've got one for you:

How do I get from the northwest end of Toronto (I'm actually coming from the Forks of the Credit) to the Beaches area with a minimum of arterial road exposure?

stokell said:
Thanks.
Now I've got one for you:

How do I get from the northwest end of Toronto (I'm actually coming from the Forks of the Credit) to the Beaches area with a minimum of arterial road exposure?
I've ridden to Forks of the Credit, and I can help you but.......I no longer have the map I used so I can't remember the route. I've ridden there a few times with TBN, and if you can wait, the next time we go I'll be able to post a good route in.