A Phil Liggetism from today--time bombs.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Edward Waffle, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. Just watched the OLN coverage of Sunday's stage.

    At one point, I think during the final descent, referring to Armstrong and Ullrich, Ligget said

    "Both of these men have ticking time bombs in their back pockets."

    Or something very close to that.

    Tags:

  2. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    "Edward Waffle" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Just watched the OLN coverage of Sunday's stage.
    >
    > At one point, I think during the final descent, referring to Armstrong and Ullrich, Ligget said
    >
    > "Both of these men have ticking time bombs in their back pockets."
    >
    > Or something very close to that.

    and after that he said something like "Ullrich is pumping those big pistons he calls legs"

  3. Zeno

    Zeno Guest

    How about "The Spanish fans have climbed the Pyrenees in their thousands the way Hannibal did with
    his elephants!"

    zeno