A Polar file to Strava

90rpm

Mar 2, 2013
Hi all,

I have a certain ride on Polar that i'd be happy if I could combine it with GPS data (rode it with Android formerly so I have it recorded) in order to upload it to Strava ? is there a way ?

In Polar, I can have the data (spd, Cad, HR) downloaded to an excel sheet - perhaps from there it may be possible ?

Thanks !! :)

sorry I did not phrae it correctly. I meant:

rode this same route with Android formerly so I have it recorded.

I wish to be able to upload it to Strava

Thanks again.

Can you extract the file from the device? Is it .tcx or something like that?

Quote: Originally Posted by Volnix .
Can you extract the file from the device? Is it .tcx or something like that?

I have a polar HRM file that can be extracted not a problem
And
a GPX file

Thanks a million :) !!

Ok... I was checking how to manually upload such kind of files instead of using the mobile device Strava software when I was totally not trying to use Digital EPO
big-smile.png
and I found that sometimes the Strava website doesnt upload certain files and it gives an error message.

To manually upload an activity, you go to the Strava website and you click on "create you activity". There is an "upload file from your computer" option somewhere there.

If you allready have the file on your computer you might need to convert it to a format that the Strava website will upload.

There are some software tools though that you can use to change a lets say .gpx file into a .tcx file, I havent done that in a while so I cant remember what kind of file was the one that worked with the Strava website.

The other one, HRM monitor one, thats from a heart rate monitor yeah? No idea about this one since I dont use a HRM, they creep me out... Maybe you can google "How to combine a .gpx and and a HRM file into a single file to upload to Strava"... Something might come out of google about that one.

If Strava doesnt upload the .gpx file, try to convert it to .tcx with a tool like this one:

http://www.gpsies.com/convert.do?language=en

There are few online... If you google "GPX to TCX online converter" there are lots of results...

Good luck.
smile.png

Quote: Originally Posted by Volnix .
Ok... I was checking how to manually upload such kind of files instead of using the mobile device Strava software when I was totally not trying to use Digital EPO
big-smile.png
and I found that sometimes the Strava website doesnt upload certain files and it gives an error message.

To manually upload an activity, you go to the Strava website and you click on "create you activity". There is an "upload file from your computer" option somewhere there.

If you allready have the file on your computer you might need to convert it to a format that the Strava website will upload.

There are some software tools though that you can use to change a lets say .gpx file into a .tcx file, I havent done that in a while so I cant remember what kind of file was the one that worked with the Strava website.

The other one, HRM monitor one, thats from a heart rate monitor yeah? No idea about this one since I dont use a HRM, they creep me out... Maybe you can google "How to combine a .gpx and and a HRM file into a single file to upload to Strava"... Something might come out of google about that one.

If Strava doesnt upload the .gpx file, try to convert it to .tcx with a tool like this one:

http://www.gpsies.com/convert.do?language=en

There are few online... If you google "GPX to TCX online converter" there are lots of results...

Good luck.
smile.png

Thanks Much Volnix.
I've been to these soulutions that you suggest.. Strava, when I upload the converted files (HRM and GPX) creates a new ride but with no crucial data.. no speed, distance etc.
I'm keeping on trying. it's a record ride so it worths it :)

Hmmm...

Another thing. When you convert or create a file there is an option there if this is a "route" data file or something else...
You might wanna check these options too... I totally -did not- create a juiced bogus .tcx from Digital EPO and had all the rides distance, speed etc data inside... Totally
big-smile.png

E.g. You might need to create a .tcx "route" file and not a .tcx "something else" file to have the data correctly displayed on strava.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90rpm .
I'm keeping on trying. it's a record ride so it worths it :)

Totally with you on that... I lost a couple of nights sleep trying to change the OS on my phone so "google where to have your eyebrows dyed" didnt suck on my battery... But it was a big sucess! Android phone, 4 days battery life...
wink.png