A pome

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just Zis Guy, Feb 6, 2003.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    From h2g2

    When we've driven the last cyclist from his toe-hold on the street Let us not become complacent, for
    the job is not complete There's another class of person lining up for our attention And he bends and
    breaks the law in every way that you could mention: The pedestrian. His blind insouciance is past
    endurance When it's WE who pay the taxes, pass the tests and buy insurance! We are gentle, kind,
    forgiving, but he does his best to thwart us As the heart-arresting jaywalker or traffic-jamming
    tortoise . . . We INVENTED good behaviour, he's determined to destroy it! And don't tell me to stop
    ranting, it's my right! And I enjoy it!

    (by Recumbentman - http://www.h2g2.com/U208656)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

    Tags:

  2. Mike Sales

    Mike Sales Guest

    "Just zis Guy, you know?" drew our attention to:-

    > When we've driven the last cyclist from his toe-hold on the street Let us not become complacent,
    > for the job is not complete There's another class of person lining up for our attention And he
    > bends and breaks the law in every way that you could mention: The pedestrian. His blind
    > insouciance is past endurance When it's WE who pay the taxes, pass the tests and buy insurance! We
    > are gentle, kind, forgiving, but he does his best to thwart us As the heart-arresting jaywalker or
    > traffic-jamming tortoise . . . We INVENTED good behaviour, he's determined to destroy it! And
    > don't tell me to stop ranting, it's my right! And I enjoy it!
    >
    > (by Recumbentman - http://www.h2g2.com/U208656)
    I couldn't bring myself to snip such art. I will now e mail it to cycling friends. Mike Sales

  3. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:07:07 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    Guy Chapman is a funny beast, Not a bit like you or me. He rode his 'bent (it's six foot long) And
    crashed into a tree.

    James

    --
    A credit limit is NOT a target.

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 20:39:16 +0000, James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:

    Balding Hodson came up with some verse To resist the Dark Side, but what's worse With his record of
    loss If we make him cross He might try to pass on the curse!

    p.s: please change your name to something which rhymes, unlike the dreaded Hermoniges Pthniggs.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  5. Ian Smith

    Ian Smith Guest

    On Sat, 08 Feb, Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

    > p.s: please change your name to something which rhymes, unlike the dreaded Hermoniges Pthniggs.

    Hermoniges Pthniggs, kept pot-bellied pigs. His bike was an orange, and, err... um.

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|

  6. "Ian Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 08 Feb, Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > p.s: please change your name to something which rhymes, unlike the dreaded Hermoniges Pthniggs.
    >
    > Hermoniges Pthniggs, kept pot-bellied pigs. His bike was an orange, and, err... um.

    which he road up the Blorenge? and forgot to pack his cigs?

    Blorenge is mountain in Wales. I considered "syringe" , but I couldn't figure out what to
    do with it.

  7. Ian Smith

    Ian Smith Guest

    On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 23:09:59 GMT, Eddie Dubourg <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Ian Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Sat, 08 Feb, Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > p.s: please change your name to something which rhymes, unlike the dreaded Hermoniges
    > > > Pthniggs.
    > >
    > > Hermoniges Pthniggs, kept pot-bellied pigs. His bike was an orange, and, err... um.
    > >
    > which he road up the Blorenge? and forgot to pack his cigs?

    Hermoniges Pthniggs, wanted his cigs, 'cos he smoked like a chimney, and, err... um.

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|

  8. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 09:06:38 +0000 (UTC), Ian Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hermoniges Pthniggs,

    OK, here is chapter and verse:

    There once was a man named Hermoniges Pthniggs Who lived in Kilburn in terrible digs He changed his
    name to Eric Fruit And now it doesn't rhyme

    (c) Spike Milligan (naturally)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  9. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 21:56:32 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 20:39:16 +0000, James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >Balding Hodson came up with some verse To resist the Dark Side, but what's worse With his record of
    >loss If we make him cross He might try to pass on the curse!
    >
    >p.s: please change your name to something which rhymes, unlike the dreaded Hermoniges Pthniggs.

    My name is James and am not balding. It's all gone now, it's really quite appaling. My GP said:
    "Take some minoxidil, "It may not help, but at least you've got a pill."

    The Bard

    --
    A credit limit is NOT a target.

  10. "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 09:06:38 +0000 (UTC), Ian Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hermoniges Pthniggs,
    >
    > OK, here is chapter and verse:
    >
    > There once was a man named Hermoniges Pthniggs Who lived in Kilburn in terrible digs He changed
    > his name to Eric Fruit And now it doesn't rhyme
    >
    > (c) Spike Milligan (naturally)

    With the footnote "Figs = fruit", from memory....

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York