A Prayer for the President of the United States

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Twittering One, Dec 24, 2005.

  1. ~ * ~

    FROM THE
    BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER

    FOR
    MISSIONARY AND TEMPORARY SERVICES.

    For morning and evening prayer
    With the Ante ~ Communion service.

    BOSTON
    MARGARET COFFIN PRAYER BOOK SOCIETY.
    PUBLISHED BY E. P. DUTTON AND CO.

    1863.

    ~ * ~

    A Prayer for the President of the United States,
    & all in Civil Authority.

    O LORD, our heavenly Mother,
    The high and mighty Ruler of the universe,
    Who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers upon earth;
    Most heartily we beseech thee,
    If barking larks, or sparkling Maltese barking larks
    Alights thy heart, a Heavenly Art,
    Fair Civil Servant, bear they service loyal,
    If Royally well ~ !

    May canine companion accompany
    Your Divine Canine Way, this and every blessed day.

    Noel ~ !
    Noel ~ !
    Noel ~ !

    O LORD, our heavenly Mother,
    The high and mighty Ruler of the universe,
    Knower of Too, an Ilk, of Leonardo, Too,
    With thy favour behold and bless thy servant
    The President of the United States,
    And all others in authority;

    May your will bend to a Mother's Art,
    May your skill carve only Way of the Heart,
    And so replenish them with the grace of thy Holy Spirit,
    That they may always incline to thy will,
    And walk in thy way,
    If alone, or flanked by companion of Beast, Fowl,
    Or the fine company of Flora.

    And from heavenly Angles a Herald
    Blows ~ A French Horn bellows
    By 9 canine Messengers

    To bear good tidings of Spot,
    Arching over River of Styx for chartreuse tennis ball ~ !

    Hail, Thee ~ !
    Hail, They ~ !
    Hail, Thee ~ !

    Heart ~ felt Greeting of Everlasting Meeting
    For Barney and Miss Beazley, Too,
    And foregone Buddy, a Chocolate ~ covered Lab.

    Endue them plenteously with heavenly gifts,
    Of bone, if alone; of grassy loam, if want to roam.
    Grant them in health and prosperity long to live;
    And finally, after this life,
    To attain everlasting joy and felicity;
    Through Leonardo Our Dead Dog.

    Noel ~ !
    Noel ~ !
    Noel ~ !

    Leon ~ !
    Leon ~ !
    Leon ~ !

    Amen.

    ~ * ~
    Blog, I'll warrant ye, or dog? Who knows. Pass the grog!
    But if ye see me lost pup, please bring that scurvy dog home!
    I got Leon a brand-new bone, with a chest full a' booty.
    _________________
    http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo

    Tags:

  2. mark now
    moon lat 5°13' south
    long 149°17'west
    16:29:55
    2453729.18744
    degree path jupite spica
    ra path h
    meet over north pacific oceans
    cant see full u.s.a
    only see snow at s.p.
    and us from west of michigan,
    42 n 83 w.

    merry christmas bush'

    biking the year thru and not like years before.

  3. ~ * ~

    "To Music. A Song.

    MUSIC, thou Queen of Heaven, Care-charming-spell,
    That strik'st a stillness into hell ~
    Thou that tam'st Tygers, and fierce storms (that rise)
    With thy soul-melting Lullabies ~
    Fall down, down, down, from those thy chiming spheres,
    To charm our souls, as thou enchant'st our ears."
    ~ Robert Herrick

    "To Canines of Wings.

    DOGS of Christmas Past and Present,
    Or Gift ~ Wrapped Presents Who Sport Red Bow ~

    Music, thou Hounds of Heaven, haunt,
    If Heart ~ rending sense
    That strik'st a toll upon mourning rung ~ Hence
    Forth known as Hell, if gone missing,
    Or dog gone too long lost. Thou tam'st Tygers, not
    Wilde if eyes burning bright, borne of Innocence,
    Known, too, of Experience.

    Hearken barks a Herald hails, if howling Hello,
    Or merely Farewell,
    Until Hell passes, and our hearts join again, that rise,
    Our choral harmony, as Lullabies ~
    Fall down, roll over, Rover, over and over,
    In 4 ~ Leaf Clovers,

    >From high ordained luck of Puck

    Who unfastened the Gate of Heaven, unlocked
    Such treasure from chiming Celestial Spheres,
    A chorus of Celestial Canine Harmony, if perky ears,
    Or whining off key, majorly, may our years
    Span adventures forthwith we share,
    To charm once more our souls, if wet nose, or hair
    Of fur sparkles spots of well ~ groomed cur

    Who howls
    To Music, A Song ~ !

    MUSIC, thou Queen of Heaven, Care ~ charming ~ spell,
    That strik'st a chord from stillness of Heaven,
    O Hounds who howl so swell ~ !

    Bless Thee, may you, too, know
    Divine Leonardo ~ !

    Our choral harmony, O canines, as Lullabies ~
    Fall down, roll over, Rover, over and over,

    Thou that tam'st Tygers, and fierce storms (that rise)
    With thy soul ~ melting howls Lullabies ~ !

    To attain everlasting joy and felicity;
    Through Leonardo Our Dead Dog.

    Noel ~ !
    Noel ~ !
    Noel ~ !

    Leon ~ !
    Leon ~ !
    Leon ~ !

    Amen.

    ~ * ~

  4. "mark now
    moon lat 5°13' south
    long 149°17'west
    16:29:55
    2453729.18744
    degree path jupite spica
    ra path h
    meet over north pacific oceans
    cant see full u.s.a
    only see snow at s.p.
    and us from west of michigan,
    42 n 83 w.

    merry christmas bush'

    biking the year thru and not like years before."
    ~ Biker Winterizer

    "Hail, Thee
    Mica ~ !

    Hail, Thee,
    Boots, Shelty, Bigshot, Egore, Liebe

    Know forgotten love
    Fly so high a turtle dove

    Circling a pear tree
    A partridge begs to please

    If a pair
    Linger upon my lair's stair,

    Eyes of insightful stare
    Enlighten heart's cares.

    Letters do snow,
    O, Thee, I know

    If by St. Pepper
    You salt your psalter

    Brave of Heart,
    Knave of Finest Art

    May a burning bush
    Not be your Christmas Tree ~ !

    May fine lullabies
    Sing you rock ~ a ~ bye

    Baby, high above timberline,
    Whispering chimes,

    Sing of Ever Thyme,
    Count me, yours, as you, mine.

    Climb Alpine,
    Or ski raucously downhill

    Hunting down your finest line's
    Charm's rhyme ~ !"
    ~ Twittering

  5. "... &
    Molly, too, a charming canine
    Cairn, a missing friend of mine,
    Forebear of a noble dog
    Named
    Chester, Golden Retriever, our neighbor."
    ~ Folly

  6. Beside me..is there ANYONE normal here??????????????????????????????????

  7. "Beside me ...
    Is there ANYONE normal here??????????????????????????????????"
    ~ Handel Mania

    "And in the sky a Chariot
    Races faster than a star
    Sparkling showers ~
    Letters snow.

    Look for a lovely thing,
    You will see it,
    Look for a tiny paraplegic dog,
    And you will see him,
    He is not far ~

    Willie's never very far
    >From a sparkling stair

    A lantern lights."
    ~ Mum

    "Heck, yeah ~ !"
    ~ Folly

    "Elucidated flight of letters
    A staircase climbs,
    The star illuminates your lantern,
    Your balanced ascent ~

    A chain you steady with your hand,
    A reined light you balance
    With your heart
    Lights the manner of your art.

    And across the night sky
    A Carriage races, flying more swiftly
    Than a flutter of stars
    Or a pack of Fanatic Furries
    Showering letters over snow.

    Seek a beautiful thing,
    You will see it,
    Seek a tiny paraplegic dog,
    And you will see him blinking
    Back, too, at you.

    Willie's flight across the sky
    Arcs a racing trail never far
    >From light of fluttering

    Iridescent wings
    Moonlight filters on your windowpane ~

    Lights of a lantern
    >From the flights of fluttering

    Iridescent wings, a light
    Upon your pillowcase,

    Stardust
    You may trust."
    ~ Mum

    *

    "Develop your eccentricities while you are young.
    That way, when you get old,
    People won't think you're going gaga."
    ~ David Ogilvy

    "A person can afford to be eccentric in dress
    Or eccentric in thought,
    But not both at the same time."
    ~ ARGO

    "... or just go into advertising,
    Where ~

    O, vous êtes juste norming le moyen et étant moyen encore.
    O, you are right norming the means
    And being average still."
    ~ Twittering

    *

    "The foal to fail failed pouliner failing pouliné fails
    Folk people of fakes of Too
    Happy fake of telephone of Formosa's
    Fermata."
    ~ White Stag

    "The Quantum Foam of Famous Fame
    Telephoned
    Telepathically to say ~

    Merry Christmas ~ !

    Hitherto,
    You may quote me, or eat me."
    ~ Justin

    "A God's Dog
    All agog ~ !"
    ~ Folly

    "Noel ~ !
    Noel ~ !
    Noel ~ !

    Leon ~ !
    Leon ~ !
    Leon ~ !"
    ~ Twittering

    "Yorick wiggles apres a nibble,
    Yorkcik, who feeds spicy specular citations
    To pet Ravens of Shakespeare,

    Whether in delay
    Of day, or haste of night, savours a citation,
    Contemplates flavor,

    Calls for St. Flavious to join, fetches
    An extra coat of silver
    To lacquer finer his velvet mourning coat.

    Yorick devours a bite, bite, bite of delight,
    For his unstated hunger, for sate's sake.
    ~ Of the Flat Ticker Tape

    "Quotes unspooling,
    Of Theodore's Story Of Thee ~ *

    Understood, his grasp, Of Thee ~ Measuring
    Upon the scents of apples
    & pears of Bartlett,

    His steps, Yorick scrutinizes, leisurely,
    One of the ravens, the craven raven
    Who has hit upon a tripwire,
    While strolling,

    Of the Ogre's scent,
    And the memories explode all pretense

    Of the frame
    Of an Imax feature film ~

    A complex vision jumps from the underbrush ~ !"
    ~ Georges

  8. "Those Fanatic Fatalistic Furries in a horribly horrendous
    Hurricane of a hassled hurry
    Flew

    Very, very far further away
    Farther

    That ~ a ~ way ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ >"
    ~ Side En Dent

    <:mad:)~........................................|***|.

  9. "Is Christopher Hogwood's recording running faster
    Than a forest packrat
    Perfects if Prefect Furioso

    Chases after, for A Chastening,
    Or cocktail's chaser,

    En marginalia ~ ?"
    ~ Margaux

    "Capsicum, I daresay, I do cry Fowl ...
    My owl, O, where ~ ?"
    ~ Twittering

  10. Twittering One wrote:
    > "Beside me ...
    > Is there ANYONE normal here??????????????????????????????????"
    > ~ Handel Mania
    >
    > "And in the sky a Chariot
    > Races faster than a star
    > Sparkling showers ~
    > Letters snow.

    A Christmas tree decorated with ...
    ... typographic ornametry?

    Ratz, Twittering One ! ...
    ... you could have been flogging custom made bits of typographic
    poetry for spammers to include in their massed greetings. <shrug> ...
    Or maybe not.

    > Look for a lovely thing,
    > You will see it,
    > Look for a tiny paraplegic dog,
    > And you will see him,
    > He is not far ~
    >
    > Willie's never very far
    > >From a sparkling stair

    > A lantern lights."
    > ~ Mum
    >
    > "Heck, yeah ~ !"
    > ~ Folly

    You are very creative, T1
    ... flaunt it!

> [...]

    > Of day, or haste of night, savours a citation,
    > Contemplates flavor,
    >
    > Calls for St. Flavious to join, fetches
    > An extra coat of silver
    > To lacquer finer his velvet mourning coat.
    >
    > Yorick devours a bite, bite, bite of delight,
    > For his unstated hunger, for sate's sake.
    > ~ Of the Flat Ticker Tape
    >
    > "Quotes unspooling,
    > Of Theodore's Story Of Thee ~ *
    >
    > Understood, his grasp, Of Thee ~ Measuring
    > Upon the scents of apples
    > & pears of Bartlett,
    >
    > His steps, Yorick scrutinizes, leisurely,
    > One of the ravens, the craven raven
    > Who has hit upon a tripwire,
    > While strolling,
    >
    > Of the Ogre's scent,
    > And the memories explode all pretense
    >
    > Of the frame
    > Of an Imax feature film ~
    >
    > A complex vision jumps from the underbrush ~ !"

  11. "A Christmas tree decorated with ...
    ... typographic ornametry?

    Ratz, Twittering One ! ...
    ... you could have been flogging custom made bits of typographic
    poetry for spammers to include in their massed greetings.

    <shrug> ...
    Or maybe not."
    ~ Raving

    "Somewhere near, almost anywhere,
    Near you,
    Near me,
    Someone's alone,

    Home alone crying on Christmas Eve,
    Holding less, hoping more,
    Hobbling along more hopelessly

    Each day than the day
    Before

    Whether on The Island of Manhattan,
    The Disenchanted Forest, or anywhere
    Else

    Than either you or I."
    ~ Twittering

  12. "Bits of typographic
    Poetry for spammers to include in their massed greetings."
    ~ Raving

    "Or magnify
    Joy

    If taught
    Methodology

    A way to will
    A living smile, or bite to eat,

    Or warm bed,
    Home to rest,

    Another's shoulder
    To rest one's head upon

    If impoverished, forlorn,
    Mourning Christmas Eve

    Or year round."
    ~ Twittering

  13. nightbat

    nightbat Guest

    nightbat wrote

    Twittering One wrote:

    > "Is Christopher Hogwood's recording running faster
    > Than a forest packrat
    > Perfects if Prefect Furioso
    >
    > Chases after, for A Chastening,
    > Or cocktail's chaser,
    >
    > En marginalia ~ ?"
    > ~ Margaux
    >
    > "Capsicum, I daresay, I do cry Fowl ...
    > My owl, O, where ~ ?"
    > ~ Twittering

    nightbat

    And my humble prayer to you too Officer Twitty and all, Merry
    Christmas and a Happy New Year. Only the best for my crew and most
    lovely sweet, only the best!

    carry on,
    the nightbat

  14. No One

    No One Guest

    Twattering one is a well-known insane boring net-kook.

    Ignore it and it won't go away.

    "www.Handelmania.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Beside me..is there ANYONE normal here??????????????????????????????????

  15. ~ * Health Care Politics
    Healthcare
    & the American Presidency * ~

    The American Presidency plays a vital role in the development and
    implementation of health policy in the United States.

    >From Roosevelt's decision not to seek health care coverage as part of

    Social Security, to Johnson's advocacy of Medicare, to Reagan's
    support for catastrophic Medicare coverage, to Clinton's pursuit of
    health security for all, presidential action and inaction have
    profoundly affected our nation's health policy agenda and health care
    system.

    This observation suggests that a systematic understanding of the
    experience of the modern American Presidency in shaping health policy
    might yield insights that could improve the Presidency's function in
    this realm, and thereby, the defectiveness of heath care policy-making
    generally.

    This proposal will pursue two specific purposes: to understand how the
    modern American Presidency affects the development and implementation
    of health care policy in the United States; and to provide guidance to
    future presidents, their staffs, other government officials, and other
    health care stakeholders concerning how the Presidency can be used most
    effectively to achieve public purposes in the health care arena.

    ~ The MGH Institute for Health Policy

    http://www.mgh.harvard.edu/healthpolicy/IHP_politics.html

  16. "Twattering one is a well-known insane boring net-kook.

    Ignore it and it won't go away."
    ~ No One

    "Poetry is honored every day
    At the Grolier Poetry Book Shop in Harvard Square,

    The oldest continuous poetry book shop
    In the United States.

    The shop stocks over 15,000 current volumes
    Of trade, small press, and university publications.

    Located at 6 Plympton Street, Harvard Square,
    We know Click & Clack, Too."
    ~ Louisa

    http://www.grolierpoetrybookshop.com/

    ~ * ~

  17. "Question ~

    Body my house
    my horse my hound
    what will I do
    when you are fallen

    Where will I sleep
    How will I ride
    What will I hunt

    Where can I go
    without my mount
    all eager and quick
    How will I know
    in thicket ahead
    is danger or treasure
    when Body my good
    bright dog is dead

    How will it be
    to lie in the sky
    without roof or door
    and wind for an eye

    With cloud for shift
    how will I hide?"
    ~ May Senson

  18. "How will it be
    to lie in the sky
    without roof or door
    and wind for an eye

    With cloud for shift
    how will I hide?"
    ~ May Swenson

    "O, our puppy, too,
    Very dead, if wanderer

    As a cloud, sporting eye for Too
    Or door to tip ~ toe
    Fore ~ pawed silently
    Through

    Beneath sheltering sky,
    Pursuing danger
    Or ticket ahead, or wicket

    If croquet with shifty
    Nifty befallen hounds
    Horsing thornily around
    Town, nearby Mount Fallen
    Soufflé, Eastgate Way.

    O, our bright dog is dead
    If frolicking, too, avec
    Horny Buddy or Prancing
    Wilde Child of Too."
    ~ Folly

  19. Double-A

    Double-A Guest

    Twittering One wrote:
    > "How will it be
    > to lie in the sky
    > without roof or door
    > and wind for an eye
    >
    > With cloud for shift
    > how will I hide?"
    > ~ May Swenson
    >
    > "O, our puppy, too,
    > Very dead, if wanderer
    >
    > As a cloud, sporting eye for Too
    > Or door to tip ~ toe
    > Fore ~ pawed silently
    > Through
    >
    > Beneath sheltering sky,
    > Pursuing danger
    > Or ticket ahead, or wicket
    >
    > If croquet with shifty
    > Nifty befallen hounds
    > Horsing thornily around
    > Town, nearby Mount Fallen
    > Soufflé, Eastgate Way.
    >
    > O, our bright dog is dead
    > If frolicking, too, avec
    > Horny Buddy or Prancing
    > Wilde Child of Too."
    > ~ Folly

    Very good, Folly!

    You must have been taking lessons from Twittering.

    ~ Molly