Cycling Training · Public discussion

A question about riding style... I think

Started by Dave Cutter · · Last activity · 5 posts · 809 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
18 August 2012
Last activity
19 August 2012
Original author
Dave Cutter
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
809
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've watched the pro's seem to lean their bicycles left and right as they stand up to break away or start a climb. I can even remember reading somewhere... like tossing the bike left and right was the proper way to ride while accelerating.

    I've found that I prefer keeping the bike stable. Am I doing something wrong by not rocking or moving the bicycle? Is this a style issue or is there a power issue involved as well?

  2. Yes it is an issue and yes there is power involved. They don't just do it to look cool.

  3. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by bgoetz [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]
    They don't just do it to look cool.


    Well, Voeckler might.

  4. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by bgoetz [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    Yes it is an issue and yes there is power involved. They don't just do it to look cool.


    So... I would take it that pulling the bike against the pedal stroke should add some... significant power. Thx.

  5. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by Chavez [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    Well, Voeckler might.


    I don't think it's a requirement for entry into the to Ministry of Funny Faces...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.